Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 11:04 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,614,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
15 Supreme Court cases that changed America.
SCOTUS is ideologically split 4-4 and the next President will appoint the Justice that will likely be the deciding vote in many future cases.

It matters.
Why? It was recently 5-4 with Scalia. Not like that caused things to go far right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 08:52 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,367 times
Default Tin Foil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Have some more tin foil, it's on me.
I'm not sure what you mean.
I think it may have been insulting, and if so, if that's the case, I think YOU need some more Kool-Aid.
Lemmings...

Old 08-02-2016, 08:57 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
can't rep you but yes, this.

And it also matters whether or not we elect a president who is going to tweet us into a war if he doesn't like something a foreign leader says.
Wars don't start over Tweets. Wars start when we try to impose our will. Obama is bombing Libya and Syria in order to impose his will. Do you not see this as an issue?

Old 08-02-2016, 09:01 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Why? It was recently 5-4 with Scalia. Not like that caused things to go far right.
It certainly determined if the 2nd Amendment was an individual right or not.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:29 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,731,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatpenny View Post
You're assuming that anyone takes notice when you don't vote. It would be better to vote 3rd party. Those votes are actually noticed.
Precisely! People looking over the stats for the election have no way to tell whether a "didn't vote" is a "I don't give a crap" or a "this is my protest" type. Most people who don't vote really don't give a crap, so that's what the statisticians will assume.

There's also a lot of other fun unintended consequences. If you're particular demographic is heavy on the "didn't vote" side of things, it'll get noticed by statisticians -- and politicians will know they can very quietly care a lot less about that demographic. They won't necessarily act against you overtly or say anything rude. They just won't do anything for you and will see your demographic as the one that get screwed over in favor other other groups without it costing them anything.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:37 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatpenny View Post
You're assuming that anyone takes notice when you don't vote. It would be better to vote 3rd party. Those votes are actually noticed.
A viable reform party is legalize it on the Federal level, that and all other reforms that are needing to be made.

The current fight is set up for the states to not have their rights if they don't win the fight. That is a weak position to be in. Put the fight on the federal level.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:49 PM

11,773 posts, read 5,785,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
I'm not sure what you mean.
I think it may have been insulting, and if so, if that's the case, I think YOU need some more Kool-Aid.
Lemmings...
She's offering you tin foil - only because she has so much of it. She can't wear it all at once.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:11 PM

17,572 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Agreed.

Did you happen to see that Adam Kokesh has quasi-endorsed Johnson? He said if you must vote do so for him. That was very disappointing. It reminds me of the people in here that will complain about the corruption, the establishment, etc. but then decide to vote anyway.

Voting is a very violent and immoral act. It must be condemned no matter what.
"Throwing your vote away is voting for somebody that you don't believe in.

That is something that you will have to live with."

Assange is saying they've got "very interesting" emails waiting to be released. Sounds like perhaps an October surprise may be coming this year. Speculation is that some of the emails may prove Hillary was lying under oath during Bengazhi hearings.

So.. A vote for Hillary could be a vote for Kaine, because if the above is true.. She'll be impeached.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies