Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 12:21 AM

2,129 posts, read 1,777,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Funny how when something bothers you there is a push to change the Constitution yet you can't fathom supporting those rights guaranteed but infringed on daily by liberal controlled states.

We need a change to the Constitution so someone can smoke or eat pot?

Medical marijuana is a joke. Ever see the people using it? There are that many people so afflicted with illnesses requiring the use of pot who immediately upon making the purchase go outside, jump on their skateboards and fly away?
Riiiiight. I'm nearly 60, bad knees, bad back. I couldn't "fly away" if you strapped a jet engine to me.

That statement is the joke. Needing medical marijuana is no joke.

Quote:
Save your pseudo medical science drivel. No one cares if you as an adult want to fig your brains but as usual, your caring stops when you light up or bake brownies. You care nothing about those who should not have access. Don't pass the buck, you never ever talk about anything but removing laws regarding marijuana. When was the last time you people proposed any real solutions to prevent misuse?
Oh for ....

I can't tolerate pain or sleeping meds, at all. Tylenol 3 is too much for me. And I am in constant pain and have a long-standing sleep disturbance. I am NEVER rested. This drags my overall health even further down.

However a tiny tiny amount of marijuana, vaped, lets me sleep well and soundly. And naturally - I never wake up groggy or sick to my stomach or dizzy (usually all 3) when marijuana has helped ease my sleep. I only get all that if I use ANY artificial "legal" pill-type sleep aid. Yes, including benadryl.

The fact that I need and WILL HAVE my sleep doesn't mean I want kids getting into the pot, any more than I think they should be using alcohol (though the latter is FAR worse in both the short and long term than pot use).

The "solutions" to preventing "misuse" are the exact same options we already have for trying to prevent alcohol abuse. It isn't an issue of needing "solutions" specifically for marijuana - it applies to ALL drugs in the home, whether its alcohol, prescription drugs, herbal remedies, or anything else consumable. That is totally a non-issue, except in that it is ALREADY an issue with regards to the "legal" drug, alcohol.

It should, and will, be legalized for recreational use as well as medical uses. I support that fully as well. Get used to it. Either light up, or leave me alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 12:58 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Funny how when something bothers you there is a push to change the Constitution yet you can't fathom supporting those rights guaranteed but infringed on daily by liberal controlled states.

We need a change to the Constitution so someone can smoke or eat pot?

Medical marijuana is a joke. Ever see the people using it? There are that many people so afflicted with illnesses requiring the use of pot who immediately upon making the purchase go outside, jump on their skateboards and fly away?

The problem isn't with the idea of legalizing marijuana use boys and girls, the problem is that as usual, the minds that want to make it happen won't figure out the means needed to prevent those who shouldn't be using it to gain easy access to it.

With all the money that got sucked out of the tobacco industry, the money grabbers still can't figure out how to stop kids from buying cigarettes? So just why should anyone trust those wanting to legalize pot when they've proven they are either unable or unwilling to think last the next toke?

Oh, you manage to figure out how to restrict the things you don't like easy enough and have no problem creating law and regulation ad nauseum for that but when it comes to what you like, well, any law is too many laws.

Anyone reading these threads can easily see the motive and agenda, no more thought than how fast you can sit on the couch with a bag of Fritos and a drink so you can light up.

Save your pseudo medical science drivel. No one cares if you as an adult want to fig your brains but as usual, your caring stops when you light up or bake brownies. You care nothing about those who should not have access. Don't pass the buck, you never ever talk about anything but removing laws regarding marijuana. When was the last time you people proposed any real solutions to prevent misuse?
By your logic, guns should be banned, alcohol should be banned, cigarettes should be banned, credit cards should be banned, any adult content or swearing in media should be banned, etc.

All because there's a risk that kids otherwise might have access to them.

I mean, it's not like there are things called parents and guardians who actually watch their children. Or laws that prohibit children from freely having access to those things.

Nope. Instead, the US needs to be run like Sesame Street.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:46 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
why does it need to be legal, you are mental impaired while intoxicated, so if it was legal, people be operation machinery and vehicles in a dangerous mode
Were you tokin a little when you wrote that post?

Old 08-16-2016, 03:53 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
It's a plant. I can't believe that a plant is illegal.

I don't even smoke the stuff. But, it's still a plant. The marijuana laws are nothing short of retarded. They drive money to the underground economy ( cartels ) and to the for-profit prison system that we've managed to concoct for ourselves. You know, the one that focuses on drug crimes and lets murderers and rapists go free after ten years. ( nothing to confiscate )

Old 08-16-2016, 05:14 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Maybe you would like to address the FACT (this one can't be hidden because it is SIMPLE MATH) that every time a medical marijuana law is passed, Medicare Part D prescriptions in that area DROP SIGNIFICANTLY.

How can you look at a study that is so elegantly simple, which shows such dramatic results, then look someone in the eyes and say "Marijuana has no medical benefits."

Medical Marijuana Laws Reduce Prescription Medication Use In Medicare Part D
Lets say for discussion sake your assertions are true

Sure... I can give you a drug to block out reality and you won't use more medical services. It doesn't mean you are cured of anything but only anesthetized.

That being said I don't have a problem with it being substituted for other potentially more harmful opiates

As Mack and rescue so eloquently stated mj medical "science" shows promise for real medical benefits in a very small population. Propoters also don't want the current mj medicines that don't get them high.

We don't need the feds..local control of the mj cowboys...granny twelve plant laws crafted by local jurisdictions can successfully address the issues to protect everyone from abhorrent drug behavior
As more mj passes the states people get the full whiff of mj behavior and they don't like it.

The feds are good to have for the large grows on federal lands..which are numerous..and for dealing with cartels...and lastly as a funding source

I appreciate the support by citydata'ers for the MIS system. It can do in minutes by automation where before it took days and multiple helicopters to target dope grows.The bad news is the growers are damaging our environment in wholesale fashion

One caveat... Potheads will chase you to the ends of the earth for their pot... Evidence of true addiction... apparently

Last edited by notmeofficer; 08-16-2016 at 05:35 AM..

Old 08-16-2016, 05:16 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,611 times
ALL about the $$$$$$$$

Old 08-16-2016, 05:30 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
I'm generally in favor of marijuana legalization, but the pro-marijuana crowd drives me nuts.

It's not a medical miracle drug that cures everything. Yet some people seem to think that. It's kind of the same "science" that makes people believe that vaccines cause autism or other ridiculous hogwash like that.

Marijuana may also be "safe" physically, but have you ever seen people when they are high? Do you want a substantial portion of the population like that? Do you want them operating equipment or driving vehicles?

These are some things to think about - even if (or probably when at this point, sometime in the future) that marijuana is legalized, it can't be a free for all like many people want. There needs to be responsible usage.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:35 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I heard the DEA rep on the radio saying (paraphrased), 'By not rescheduling, we are keeping the marijuana industry from profitting.'

So the DEA rejects the idea of legal capitalism in favor of a status that for 90 years has allowed criminals to profit instead of law abiding American entrepreneurs.

The Schedule system of ranking drugs didn't exist until the Controlled Substances Act signed into law by Nixon in 1970. The only reason marijuana is Schedule I is Nixon wanted to punish those dope smoking hippies who had his number and called him out for the scum bag he was. The SOB is still screwing us over to this day.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
DEA says NO to rescheduling marijuana
Its curious that DEA gets to decide something like this.

Old 08-16-2016, 06:59 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Lets say for discussion sake your assertions are true

Sure... I can give you a drug to block out reality and you won't use more medical services
Incredible. Here we have someone who has never touched the stuff, saying it isn't really helping millions who are using it in place of prescription medicine, but instead all of those folks are escaping reality.

If there was a different icon for a head smack so hard that I knocked myself out, I would have used it.

You are so sadly out of touch, Notme, that I am going to have to join the others that have moved you from the ranks of funny entertainment to actual sadness for you and your delusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies