Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 07:28 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm a speeder and pretty much speed every single day. If you looked at my driving record, you couldn't prove I drive over the speed limit in the last two years. If you looked at the number of people pulled over for speeding each day, it would probably "prove" that .01% of drivers speed, but a trip down the interstate would be evidence of that number being way off.

Of course, the big myth is that there is anybody who wouldn't be able to vote due voter ID laws.
The bigger myth is people have changed elections by voting as dead people lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 11:22 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingComment View Post
This is a lie, a blatant lie.

There have been numerous cases of voter fraud. The best this poster can do is claim that it isn't enough to effect an election.

My response to anyone who would dismiss such, they are the liars and cheaters to which promote this.

Disregard them.
Naturally there's going to be voter fraud. No matter how carefully you design a system there will always be some voter fraud. The question is: how significant is it (not very) and why do Republicans seem to think that only Democrats do it (what a joke that is).

Old 08-12-2016, 11:35 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
how significant is it (not very)
You have no way to quantify the extent of voter fraud unless you are identifying the voter.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:41 AM

57,307 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:

There have been numerous cases of voter fraud. The best this poster can do is claim that it isn't enough to effect an election.

My response to anyone who would dismiss such, they are the liars and cheaters to which promote this.

Disregard them.

Voter fraud is insignificant although we keep hearing about rampant fraud like the case below in NC back in 2012, then it just disappears.

{quote=]
In a report released Wednesday, North Carolina’s elections board said it had found 35,570 people who voted in the state in 2012 and whose names and dates of birth match those of voters in other states. The board said it also found 765 North Carolinians who voted in 2012 and whose names, birthdates, and last four digits of their Social Security number match those of people in other states. The board said it’s looking into all these cases to determine whether people voted twice.

[/quote]

Voter fraud in North Carolina? Not so fast | MSNBC

Old 08-14-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Voter fraud is insignificant .....
There is no way to quantify the extent of fraud if you are not identifying the voter.

Nearly every industrialized nation uses ID for voting, there is a reason for that.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:12 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayleah View Post
I did not say cheating doesn't happen. I am questioning:

1. The method - voting multiple times is not as simple as some would make it seem.
2. The scale - how many people would need to cheat for it to impact the election
You've hit the nail on the head here.

Think about all the money and effort that's been spent on preventing individual ballot fraud.

And then compare it to all the money and effort that's been spent to prevent rigging voting machines and ballot counting processes. Oh wait - you can't.

The cynicism is absolutely breathtaking.

If you're genuinely interested, here's an active group - https://www.electionintegrityproject.com
And here's a more-or-less defunct group with a lot of great info on their site - National Committee on Voting Integrity

Old 08-14-2016, 07:13 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,304,565 times
Once Voter ID becomes the norm, and Gerrymandering becomes illegal, what's left for certain parties to ensure they get elected?? They may actually have to keep their promises and work for the people they've been elected to serve.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:23 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:

Disregard them.
Then please post your sources documenting that polling place voter fraud is a significant problem.

Thank you.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Then please post your sources documenting that polling place voter fraud is a significant problem.
How do you positively identify in person voting fraud if you are not positively identifying the voter?

This is like asking a cop to identify people that have gone through a stop sign but telling them they can't watch the stop sign. You're asking for proof of something but deny people the tools to prove it. Prove to me it is not a significant problem, you can't because you also lack the tools to prove it.

Something like 90% of eligible voters already have government issued ID and I would suggest it narrows even further if you were counting just those that vote. And even smaller percentage of those that do not have ID are going to run into issues because of things like the birth certificate requirement. All of these issues can be addressed.

For low income and the elderly that are already paying for ID these laws are a benefit for them because they can now get one for free. Those without ID will also benefit because they can get one for free. If this was a liberal policy you'd be all over it if it wasn't associated with voting.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:06 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Thank you.
I don't know if any of this true or not.

If anyone can prove or disprove it please do so.

"
I thought you might find this interesting. I sure did!

Next time you hear Hillary, or any other Democrat, ranting about Republicans wanting to disenfranchise minorities by requiring voter ID, keep the following in mind:

* In 59 voting districts in the Philadelphia region, Obama received 100% of the votes with not even a single vote recorded for Romney. (A mathematical and statistical impossibility).

* In 21 districts in Wood County Ohio, Obama received 100% of the votes where GOP inspectors were illegally removed from their polling locations - and not one single vote was recorded for Romney. (Another statistical impossibility).

* In Wood County Ohio, 106,258 voted in a county with only 98,213 eligible voters .

* In St. Lucie County, FL, there were 175,574 registered eligible voters but 247,713 votes were cast.

* The National SEAL Museum, a polling location in St. Lucie County, FL had a 158% voter turnout.

* Palm Beach County, FL had a 141% voter turnout .

* In one Ohio County, Obama won by 108% of the total number of eligible voters .

NOTE: Obama won in every state that did not require a Photo ID and lost in every state that did require a Photo ID in order to vote ."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies