Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 10:42 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,673 times

Advertisements

My daughter has made numerous trips to Africa. Her NGO buy poor families a goat or two...they dig a well...they build a school. You do not need to kill wild life to help the economy - all wild life should be considered endangered. Hunters who travel to the wilds of Africa do not give a damn for the locals...they are delusional jerks who are self centred and have no concept of the big picture....spoiled foolish rich people who live in some out dated fantasy regarding adventure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 10:50 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
My daughter has made numerous trips to Africa. Her NGO buy poor families a goat or two...they dig a well...they build a school. You do not need to kill wild life to help the economy - all wild life should be considered endangered. Hunters who travel to the wilds of Africa do not give a damn for the locals...they are delusional jerks who are self centred and have no concept of the big picture....spoiled foolish rich people who live in some out dated fantasy regarding adventure.
Not to dismissing your daughter's effort but buying poor families a goat or two is charity not helping.

And you have learned absolutely nothing from her experience. Interestingly, how we protect wildlife here is ... right regulated hunting.

The only people who truly don't give a fart about animals are the Internet mobsters, aka Social Justice Warriors.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
good for your daughter. she is doing something good with her life. and believe it or not, hunting does help the economy, and it helps keep animal herds healthy and in check.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:54 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Not to dismissing your daughter's effort but buying poor families a goat or two is charity not helping.

And you have learned absolutely nothing from her experience. Interestingly, how we protect wildlife here is ... right regulated hunting.

The only people who truly don't give a fart about animals are the Internet mobsters, aka Social Justice Warriors.
That makes no sense. Charity and help are the same thing. What I was referring to was an organized effort to spare kids in poor nations from slave labour. A goat is a source of milk - if I give a child milk it is helping them. Back to the point. Sport hunting is stupid in my books...If these hunters sat on an ice pack hovering over an air hole for seals...waiting 18 hours in a blizzard...so they could bring meat home to their families...I respect that...I just can not respect some clown spending thousands on killing what is sometimes a confined animal so they could feel like men....

Old 08-21-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
That makes no sense. Charity and help are the same thing. What I was referring to was an organized effort to spare kids in poor nations from slave labour. A goat is a source of milk - if I give a child milk it is helping them. Back to the point. Sport hunting is stupid in my books...If these hunters sat on an ice pack hovering over an air hole for seals...waiting 18 hours in a blizzard...so they could bring meat home to their families...I respect that...I just can not respect some clown spending thousands on killing what is sometimes a confined animal so they could feel like men....
They are not the same thing. It's like give them fish or teach them how to fish.

If you give them fish, very quickly, they would learn that being poor can be very profitable because by showing you their suffering, you'd give them fish. Read up on this subject.

I am of the opinion that child labor is necessary in the poor country - yes, this is from someone who came from a poor country and have watched children eating out of garbage dumps.

Plenty of women hunt. I don't hunt but I know many women hunt. So it's not just a man thing. Hunting may be repulsive to you - plenty things are repulsive to me, but it doesn't make it wrong in anyway. Like I said, regulated hunting saved most wild animals in United States. They, such as white tailed deer, bounced back from near extinction and now even become a pest animal.

I'd encourage you to read up the article in Post 130.

Old 08-21-2016, 03:32 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Funny thing is, this little girl is receiving death threats...but that's just fine...
Yep. Because liberal values.

Now if people voice disdain for gay lifestyles without death threats it becomes national news. Because liberal values.

Old 08-21-2016, 03:51 PM

A well written article on hunting in Africa. It's a bit raw but real.

https://www.facebook.com/sabrina.cor...07983922454941

Quote:

Let’s briefly take Kruger National Park as an example (yes I've been there). The Kruger is roughly 5 million acres, although the largest national park in the world, its limits still exist. Thus proper management of wildlife within its confines is necessary. For decades the park conducted annual culling of elephants, they did so with the overall protection of the park's ecosystem and all of its wildlife in mind. As times changed, and a more liberal mind set prevailed - the culling practices were eliminated.
The park long since had an estimated carrying capacity of roughly 7,000 elephants. A number that was believed to be sustainable, as well as beneficial to the ecosystem and all park inhabitants. Since culling was eliminated, the park's elephant population has sky-rocketed to an estimated 17,000 today. A number that is grossly too high, and as biologists like Ron Thomson will tell you - is having grave and harmful, negative effects on the ecosystem of the Kruger. An animal as large as an African elephant does monstrous damage to the habitat and vegetation in which they live. To confine them in anyway (even 5 million acres) and then believe that population control is not necessary - is simply irresponsible wildlife management. Thomson and many others, have urged the park to not only resume culling activities, but have insisted that unless the population is reduced to roughly 2,500 elephants quickly - the negative impacts upon the habitat may be irreversible.
------

KENYA'S WILDLIFE DISASTER:
How about we look at one long lasting / negative example of the closure of sport hunting upon a country's wildlife resources. There is no greater example of this than KENYA, in east Africa. Since closing "hunting" in 1977, this country has lost over 70% of its wildlife - country wide. Hunting had nothing to do with that, in fact the opposite occurred. Without the protection / value provided by hunting and hunters dollars, the wildlife was de-valued and left un-protected. Now of course you don't have to believe me - so why not contact Dr. Laurence Frank and ask him directly.
-----------

With that said, let me tell you all about my personal experiences in these wild areas, and ALL others I have been to over the past 20 years. Never, not one single time have I ever seen any anti-hunting wildlife organization of any kind - in any of these areas, doing anything to protect the wildlife / habitat, NEVER! Where's PETA, where's GREENPEACE, where's FUND FOR ANIMALS, where's LIONAID, where's DERECK JOUBERT, where are all of you anti-hunters when the wildlife needs you most, WHERE ARE YOU, WHERE'S YOUR MONEY???? You’re simply not there, period!! We hunters are fighting these massive poaching problems, and habitat encroachment by ourselves!!!!
---------

For example - the recent worldwide outpouring of support for "Cecil" the lion raised only $550,000 for the Hwange lion research project that was responsible for collaring / studying him. That's it - all you antis could muster up was $550,000 from the millions around the world who screamed for justice, are you kidding me?? In only 4 hours, in one single ball room, in one night, attended by only a few thousand people - hunters raised $1 Million for Lion Conservation in Africa!!

Old 08-21-2016, 07:59 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
good for your daughter. she is doing something good with her life. and believe it or not, hunting does help the economy, and it helps keep animal herds healthy and in check.
It prevents natural selection and survival of the fittest. How does killing off the biggest, most magnificent of the herd keep animal herds healthy?

Old 08-21-2016, 08:11 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
They are not the same thing. It's like give them fish or teach them how to fish.

If you give them fish, very quickly, they would learn that being poor can be very profitable because by showing you their suffering, you'd give them fish. Read up on this subject.

I am of the opinion that child labor is necessary in the poor country - yes, this is from someone who came from a poor country and have watched children eating out of garbage dumps.

Plenty of women hunt. I don't hunt but I know many women hunt. So it's not just a man thing. Hunting may be repulsive to you - plenty things are repulsive to me, but it doesn't make it wrong in anyway. Like I said, regulated hunting saved most wild animals in United States. They, such as white tailed deer, bounced back from near extinction and now even become a pest animal.

I'd encourage you to read up the article in Post 130.
She taught them how to fish, since when is people enroaching on another country's wildlife equate to teaching them anything.

Child labor is a necessity?

Old 08-21-2016, 08:21 PM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
She taught them how to fish, since when is people enroaching on another country's wildlife equate to teaching them anything.

Child labor is a necessity?
Why are people going to other countries to hunt, make any difference to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies