Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 04:11 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Trump is not part of the tea party because if he actually America First! TP advocates horrible trade policies,...
You're a misanthrope all right. All progressive leftist lies. Progressives want to turn reality on its ear again.

Trump is the anti-globalist. Trump is the one demanding the discontinuation of bad trade policies. Trump is the one that demands that leftist Big Government stop signing globalist free trade deals that strip-mine the middle class and lower the living standards of its citizens.

Quote:
...neo con war policy etc.
Trump is a paleocon. Trump is the candidate who is on record as saying of neocon Bill Kristol: “All the guy wants to do is kill people and go to war.”

Neocons are "neo" (i.e., 'new-,' 'improved-,' 'leftie anodyne-') for a reason: it is literally Trotskyism, on record, brought into the U.S. by Bill Kristol's father, Irving Kristol, via Mexico City in the 1950s. Neocons are simply leftist Repubs:

_"Memoirs of a Trotskyist,"_ by Irving Kristol (Bill's dad)
Arguing the World -- The New York Intellectuals | Irving Kristol

Nobody is surprised they plan to vote for Hillary if they can't have ¿Jeb!.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:16 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
You're a misanthrope all right. All progressive leftist lies. Progressives want to turn reality on its ear again.

Trump is the anti-globalist. Trump is the one demanding the discontinuation of bad trade policies. Trump is the one that demands that leftist Big Government stop signing globalist free trade deals that strip-mine the middle class and lower the living standards of its citizens.

Trump is a paleocon. Trump is the candidate who is on record as saying of Bill Kristol: “All the guy wants to do is kill people and go to war.”

By contrast, neocons are "neo" (i.e., 'new-,' 'improved-,' 'leftie anodyne-') for a reason: it is literally Trotskyism, on record, brought into the U.S. by Bill Kristol's father, Irving Kristol, via Mexico City in the 1950s. Neocons are simply leftist Repubs:

_"Memoirs of a Trotskyist,"_ by Irving Kristol (Bill's dad)
Arguing the World -- The New York Intellectuals | Irving Kristol

Nobody is surprised they plan to vote for Hillary if they can't have ¿Jeb!.
Yeah we agree...I think you misunderstood what I said...I meant to say the tea party was NOT part of Trump and Trump was NOT a part of the tea party.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Yeah we agree...I think you misunderstood what I said...I meant to say the tea party was NOT part of Trump and Trump was NOT a part of the tea party.
And you're mistaken.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:24 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
And you're mistaken.
Nope. I am not. The tea party is NOT apart of Trump. Tea party was Cruz's little play toy. Trump is an America First populist not a free trader military adventurist clown like the tea party.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Nope. I am not. The tea party is NOT apart of Trump.
Did you mean to write "not apart"? Because that means together.

Quote:
Tea party was Cruz's little play toy. Trump is an America First populist not a free trader military adventurist clown like the tea party.
Again, you're mistaken. Tea Party is anti-globalist and anti-interventionist, almost by definition.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:45 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking I like you. You're funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Trump does NOT represent the Tea Party in any way. Tea Party are conservatives who wanted Cruz, not a pathetic fraud like Trump who has spent his entire career as a liberal funding Democrat. You have no idea what you are talking about.

"Today, the Tea Party base is Trump’s base. The voters the movement activated are partial to candidates that buck the establishment, and thus extremely receptive to the billionaire’s appeals. Ironically, that establishment now includes Ted Cruz, the former Tea Party rising star and Trump’s top challenger. A late February poll by CNN found that just 16 percent of Tea Partiers lean toward the Texas senator. Fifty-six percent favor Trump, who maintains sizable margins among the same voters in several states."

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/03/t...rump-ted-cruz/

Politico: Why Trump

Is Donald Trump the Tea Party

It's certainly clear that one of us doesn't know what he's talking about.

And it isn't me.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:48 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,631 times
It's all good. I doubt anyone in the Tea Party knew what it meant either.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:50 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
"Today, the Tea Party base is Trump’s base. The voters the movement activated are partial to candidates that buck the establishment, and thus extremely receptive to the billionaire’s appeals. Ironically, that establishment now includes Ted Cruz, the former Tea Party rising star and Trump’s top challenger. A late February poll by CNN found that just 16 percent of Tea Partiers lean toward the Texas senator. Fifty-six percent favor Trump, who maintains sizable margins among the same voters in several states."

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/03/t...rump-ted-cruz/

Politico: Why Trump

Is Donald Trump the Tea Party

It's certainly clear that one of us doesn't know what he's talking about.

And it isn't me.

A liberal outlet Politico and a completely laughable Rasmussen who has the worst name in the industry of polling are your sources? LMAO!!!!!!! Here you go, I'll help you out. While you are busy quoting blogs and garbage, here it is straight from the Tea Party's co-founders mouth...

Tea Party Patriots co-founder Jenny Beth Martin on Friday slammed Donald Trump at a major conservative gathering, assailing him as a wolf in sheep's clothing. "Donald Trump has no business thinking he is Tea Party," she told a cheering audience at the Conservative Political Action Conference in suburban Washington. "Trump is about love of himself. But the Tea Party is about love of country and the love of our Constitution." Trump has faced significant pushback from members of the party's establishment, embodied by a Thursday speech by 2012 Republican nominee Mitt Romney. Romney cast Trump as a fraudulent conservative while warning his nomination would set the party back.

Tea Party leader: Trump a wolf in sheep's clothing | TheHill

Old 08-18-2016, 04:55 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default So what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
A liberal outlet Politico and a completely laughable Rasmussen who has the worst name in the industry of polling are your sources? LMAO!!!!!!! Here you go, I'll help you out. While you are busy quoting blogs and garbage, here it is straight from the Tea Party's co-founders mouth...

Tea Party Patriots co-founder Jenny Beth Martin on Friday slammed Donald Trump at a major conservative gathering, assailing him as a wolf in sheep's clothing. "Donald Trump has no business thinking he is Tea Party," she told a cheering audience at the Conservative Political Action Conference in suburban Washington. "Trump is about love of himself. But the Tea Party is about love of country and the love of our Constitution." Trump has faced significant pushback from members of the party's establishment, embodied by a Thursday speech by 2012 Republican nominee Mitt Romney. Romney cast Trump as a fraudulent conservative while warning his nomination would set the party back.

Tea Party leader: Trump a wolf in sheep's clothing | TheHill

There are plenty of GOP "leaders" who don't like Drumpf.

But he's their party's nominee. And he won it going away. Your boy Cruz was a pitiful distant second.

Get over your bitterness and enjoy the most entertaining campaign of your lifetime.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:56 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
There are plenty of GOP "leaders" who don't like Drumpf.

But he's their party's nominee. And he won it going away. Your boy Cruz was a pitiful distant second.

Get over your bitterness and enjoy the most entertaining campaign of your lifetime.

My point still stands, you are incorrect. Trump does NOT represent the Tea Party, nice try though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies