Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 02:56 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,119,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
* There are no trains where I live.
* There are no buses either.
* I want that Porsche.
* I need that Porsche.
* I deserve that Porsche.
* I would look good in that Porsche.
* The Government needs to subsidize my acquiring that Porsche.

* The government just needs to help us get more SUPPLY of Porsches...

Repeat after me: "It is not the job of the government to take care of me."
YOU DONT NEED OR DESERVE ANYTHING OTHER THAN BASIC TRANSPORTATION. You don't get a Porsche! You don't get a mansion. If you NEED a Porsche than your priorities are not right. I would support tax dollars to place public transit, as in a BUS STATION close to your home.

I can't even with you people who think that because people need a basic roof or transit that you then deserve the fanciest gadget on the market. Spare me.

Old 08-19-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
You're mistaken. No one needs affordable rentals. They merely want them.

No it hasn't.
So your answer for the working classes is to live on the street. Great solution. I hope you give them pennies in the Porsche you feel entitled to!

Last edited by Happiness-is-close; 08-19-2016 at 03:10 PM..

Old 08-19-2016, 03:19 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
YOU DONT NEED OR DESERVE ANYTHING OTHER THAN BASIC TRANSPORTATION. You don't get a Porsche! You don't get a mansion. If you NEED a Porsche than your priorities are not right. I would support tax dollars to place public transit, as in a BUS STATION close to your home.

I can't even with you people who think that because people need a basic roof or transit that you then deserve the fanciest gadget on the market. Spare me.
My town doesn't even have one bus, heck I don't think we have cabs either, and no trains. What good would a bus station do when there are no buses out here?

Old 08-19-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
My town doesn't even have one bus, heck I don't think we have cabs either, and no trains. What good would a bus station do when there are no buses out here?
Well I don't know where you live, but if your county needs busses then people should talk to local politicians about arranging funds to acquire them. That is for a different topic though.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Why should I pay for your home?

I worked my way out of a crappy apartment complex that eventually got overrun with filth. Nobody gave me anything. We worked really hard to get out and I'll damned if I can think of a single reason why anybody else should get an easier route.
And I bet is was WAY CHEAPER when you were the one renting! Our supply of multi family housing has not kept up even close with population growth. In the 70s and 80s 3 to 4 times more multi family housing was constructed. We need to get back to those levels so rents can be affordable again. We are now in a nationwide multifamily dwelling crunch with far fewer available places to live for a population dozens millions more than in past times.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:37 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Well I don't know where you live, but if your county needs busses then people should talk to local politicians about arranging funds to acquire them. That is for a different topic though.
And you can talk to your local reps about providing you with in town housing that meets your approval for the price you want to pay.

I'm willing to bet you would be laughed out of the office just like I would if I tried to get buses in rural MS.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:40 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Actually it is the same topic. You should talk to you local politicians about setting aside land and give property tax credits for developers who build affordable housing.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:47 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post

The UMC suburbs of NYC have lots of trains and lots of buses; you can get within walking distance of almost anywhere by train or bus.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:48 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Actually it is the same topic. You should talk to you local politicians about setting aside land and give property tax credits for developers who build affordable housing.

Incumbent homeowners got theirs, they don't want any affordable housing built.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I already am! I have decided to write letters to local and federal politicians asking them to bring awareness to this issue and to do something about it!I am also working on Facebook and multiple forums to bring awareness of this issue so that it can reach the national spotlight. The rental crisis needs to stop sitting on the back burner behind Trumps endless drama. There much more important things to talk about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies