Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 06:05 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,842,789 times

Advertisements

Liberals here, like Europe, are advocating for bringing in more refugees from ME. European leaders & public are cutting their own freedom to accomodate the new immigrants & their restrictive belief system. Cover up on nude beaches, allow burkinis, men only pools, kicked out of home to accomodate refugees, getting molested in public events, armed guards on beach......to name a few instances of how liberals are willing to make huge compromises. Whereas the conservatives are fighting to retain the free western society model, ex: Brexit. Same story in usa. The liberal nominee is trying to bring in ultra conservatives from ME that will result in same situation as europe whereas the red nominee wants us to keep our freedom. To me its like pouring really hot water in ice cold water. The temp of water will adjust to a lukewarm. So adopting homophobic, women hating, anti-west immigrants into a liberal western society will result in huge compromises to our western lifestyle, constitution, laws & rights as we are expected to go from being cool to lukewarm which means more restrictions. I dont understand why liberals would ever agree to those restrictions when it should be conservatives who should be welcoming more armed guards, surveillance, anti-abortion laws, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 06:19 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,791,820 times
While you're somewhat correct, it would be a mistake to contextualize this as a liberal versus conservative realignment. If we're drawing parallels to Europe here, it really becomes more of a protectionist/nationalist versus neoliberal/globalist struggle. With Brexit, it was supported by both the far right and the far left.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:22 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,571,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Liberals here, like Europe, are advocating for bringing in more refugees from ME. European leaders & public are cutting their own freedom to accomodate the new immigrants & their restrictive belief system. Cover up on nude beaches, allow burkinis, men only pools, kicked out of home to accomodate refugees, getting molested in public events, armed guards on beach......to name a few instances of how liberals are willing to make huge compromises. Whereas the conservatives are fighting to retain the free western society model, ex: Brexit. Same story in usa. The liberal nominee is trying to bring in ultra conservatives from ME that will result in same situation as europe whereas the red nominee wants us to keep our freedom. To me its like pouring really hot water in ice cold water. The temp of water will adjust to a lukewarm. So adopting homophobic, women hating, anti-west immigrants into a liberal western society will result in huge compromises to our western lifestyle, constitution, laws & rights as we are expected to go from being cool to lukewarm which means more restrictions. I dont understand why liberals would ever agree to those restrictions when it should be conservatives who should be welcoming more armed guards, surveillance, anti-abortion laws, etc.
Are Republicans jealous that someone is honing in on their message?

Old 08-18-2016, 06:29 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,957,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Nice deflection.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:43 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,842,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
While you're somewhat correct, it would be a mistake to contextualize this as a liberal versus conservative realignment. If we're drawing parallels to Europe here, it really becomes more of a protectionist/nationalist versus neoliberal/globalist struggle. With Brexit, it was supported by both the far right and the far left.
Yes you are right. I used to be a democrat but for this election I feel like the labels have been swapped so I am voting for Trump. A post-graduate independent immigrant non-religious woman from a third world country voting for Trump. Everything about me shouts liberal but I am all for the GOP this year. Its an identity crisis for me. When people ask me why Trump, I tell them because I support LGBT, abortion, gender equality so I dont want whats happening in europe to happen here. I am all for legal immigration if people show they are willing to work hard, go through proper visa application process & align with the Western values.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:51 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,921,704 times
Quote:
Uh; a LOT of Repubs will take Qr Folk OVER most Muslims in 2016, I'm 1 of those Repubs. Can Dems say the same?

Old 08-18-2016, 06:55 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,571,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; a LOT of Repubs will take Qr Folk OVER most Muslims in 2016, I'm 1 of those Repubs. Can Dems say the same?
I'd say that I can take them both. Mexicans too! It's amazing how many people I'd let into this country - - even racist, homophobic Republicans too!

Old 08-18-2016, 06:56 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,791,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Yes you are right. I used to be a democrat but for this election I feel like the labels have been swapped so I am voting for Trump. A post-graduate independent immigrant non-religious woman from a third world country voting for Trump. Everything about me shouts liberal but I am all for the GOP this year. Its an identity crisis for me. When people ask me why Trump, I tell them because I support LGBT, abortion, gender equality so I dont want whats happening in europe to happen here. I am all for legal immigration if people show they are willing to work hard, go through proper visa application process & align with the Western values.
Trump masquerades as a populist but is just as sleazy as most conservatives. He's proposing the same tax cuts for the 1% and trickle down nonsense proven not to work. And don't forget that Trump himself is a globalist, outsourcing his apparel ect.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:57 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,200,846 times
I've chatted with a few of my LGBT friends, and they are indeed concerned about having in influx of ME immigrants who would be totally against their lifestyle and the gains they've made in US society accepting gay marriage and such.

Of course, Obama is really a recent convert to their cause.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:10 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,921,704 times
Quote:
I'd say that I can take them both. Mexicans too! It's amazing how many people I'd let into this country - - even racist, homophobic Republicans too!
If we're gonna go there: "lib" class liberals are AS bad as your kind of Repub. Tho I'd have NO problem with illegal aliens tossed out AND people who shelter them face some serious prison time, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies