Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 08:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Rarely seen on Private University Campus. It isn't daycare....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 09:27 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Rutgers is apparently filling the market niche of parents that want a kid that might work but probably not....upon graduation and hang around on their apron strings for another 30 years waiting for inheritance while writing articles for um...their blog.

Must be nice not having to worry about things like eating or having a roof over your head. *shrug*

God, I saw some f*cked up kids when I went to college but the bar has been raised considerably over the years.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:02 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
I choose to not offend AND take no offense.

This "trigger" stuff gives me a head ache.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:10 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Good god... every year it gets harder and harder to be a liberal.... I just want to take every other liberal by the front of their shirt and slap 'em until they make sense...

I wonder what level of aggression they would call it if I were a student there and - when they handed this flyer to me - I crumpled it up and told them to stick it up their butt.

Oh, and laughed in their face, too! What would that be? A Level II, Grade B micromacrominiaggression? All I can say is, any student who puts up with this crap deserves to turn out like the loser they will be by the time they get out of that disaster of a university.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 09-02-2016 at 12:36 AM..

Old 09-02-2016, 12:21 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Good god... every year it gets harder and harder to be a liberal.... I just want to take every other liberal by the front of their shirt and slap 'em until they make sense...
Your triggering microaggression offends me as a liberal who has had his shirt grabbed in the past.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:22 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Rutgers is apparently filling the market niche of parents that want a kid that might work but probably not....upon graduation and hang around on their apron strings for another 30 years waiting for inheritance while writing articles for um...their blog.

Must be nice not having to worry about things like eating or having a roof over your head. *shrug*

God, I saw some f*cked up kids when I went to college but the bar has been raised considerably over the years.
RU is filling their classes with international students.

Who pay their off-campus rent in cash. Too expensive to live on-campus. For those who will negotiate the cost of air.

Who can barely speak a lick of English.

Trust me, I'm a LL to RU students. On the College Ave side and the Douglass Side (one block from campus either way).

If the adult PTB who run the RU Dance Team that lived in my property in the College Ave area (whatever the dance group is called) KNEW what their girls did to my townhouse? They'd have been kicked off the team...but young and stupid doesn't mean I should ruin their "college career"..and report them. I'll just keep 100% of their security deposit and take them to court for the rest of the damage these sweet high-kicking/ass-shaking chicks did to my property.

And the MOUTHS on them, when called out? Who raised these swine?

And their parents who think they can call me (they didn't sign the lease, do not call me. Ever.) You figure out, very quickly why their kids are morons.

Just a bunch of TRASH - all around.

This is why not one of my children will ever go to RU.

No thank you.

Last edited by Informed Info; 09-02-2016 at 01:33 AM..

Old 09-02-2016, 03:12 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,781,476 times
What amazes me is how many parents don't even discuss current events with their children or have any type of discussions that involve current controversies. They then send their kids off to college and acted shocked when that child can no longer think for themself.

Just imagine when microagressions are punishable by beheading.

Old 09-02-2016, 03:47 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
This PC stuff might sound ridiculous and like madness, but there is a method to the madness and a political end goal.

Old 09-02-2016, 04:07 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
I know you guys all hate everything PC, and it can be taken too far, but why is it a bad thing to try and only say things that are positive towards others? Are we supposed to be bullies here or something?

Old 09-02-2016, 04:44 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I know you guys all hate everything PC, and it can be taken too far, but why is it a bad thing to try and only say things that are positive towards others? Are we supposed to be bullies here or something?
The vast majority of people are positive toward others. It gets offensive when these idiots think everyone needs to be told how to act, and the level of what's considered negative is ridiculously low. This idea that no one can call out the craziness is almost as bad as the crazy itself.

We live in Central Jersey. I was complaining to another parent the other day about the local radio station bleeping out '*****' and 'chrome .45' from Everlast's 'What it's Like'. She said, "But you don't want your kids to hear that, do you?" (In addition to being aghast that I let them listen to rock music in the first place.) My kids are 8, 10 and 11. It's fine for them to hear those words, and if they have questions about what they hear, we talk about it. While I believe in sheltering kids to a point, too many keep them so naïve as to be unable to function in the real world.

edit: guess CD doesn't like the slang for prostitute, either, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies