Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 01:51 PM

1,050 posts, read 505,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No need to and it's not me with half a brain it is those who spun Trumps remarks to blacks as being racist. Sensible people without an agenda can plainly see that they weren't.
LOL!!!! Nice try but an epic failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 08:21 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
Trump? TRUMP??!!!! Trump is THE ONE who is inflaming the anti-immigrant frenzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just in case someone wants to correct that and whine that the issue is illegal immigrants, note that Trump also wants to stop certain legal immigration "for a while".

But no matter. That is a distraction. The point is that Trump is THE ONE whom the OP is about!

Vote for him??? HELL NO!!

Don't you know better than to support such a danger and liar???

Nah, this is what is inflaming it. .

Wheaton College student kidnapped; 1 charged, 2 at large | abc7chicago.com

Broadday light in a "safe neighborhood, at a coffee shop. Its not mob violence anymore. Its not bad neighborhoods , or the bars emptying at 3 AM. This is what is going on.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 09-06-2016 at 09:21 AM..

Old 09-06-2016, 08:27 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
I don't recall criticizing him as a bigot or racist although maybe I have, but it's hard to consider him non-racist when he says to the black population "what. the hell. do you have. to lose??"

I suppose you don't see that as racist, eh?
Why is that racist? It isn't as though the Democrats have done much if anything for black americans in the last 30 years. I mean other than give lip service and make promises that they never keep.
There will always be a special interest group for the demo to pander too that are more important than the black community. After all the Dems know that they already own the black vote.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:45 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
LOL!!!! Nice try but an epic failure.

Of course you can't or won't explain why it is supposedly an epic failure.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:30 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
I don't recall criticizing him as a bigot or racist although maybe I have, but it's hard to consider him non-racist when he says to the black population "what. the hell. do you have. to lose??"

Of course its racist because everything is sexist, hateful and racist. All rivers run into the sea. So the story goes blacks are under oppression , or at the very least economically disadvantaged. This has been the perpetual battle cry of the democrats. Then trump agrees with it so now that's a problem because it ignores the success of blacks as told to us by Hillary.

So tell me, do blacks need issues addressed or are they doing just fine. Pick one.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:01 AM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
When a guy says the things he has said about Muslims, for example, and when his crowd cheers it, it's a frenzy.
This so-called "anti-muslim" nonsense from Trump is really just common sense, based in large measure upon the actions, statements, positions of prominent Muslim leaders, and of course, the disaster clearly unfolding in many European nations who are experiencing a societal crisis at the hands of Muslim migrants raping young girls, and causing an explosion of violent crime rates never seen before.

The Clinton/Obama program of bringing that rape-u-gee disaster to America must be stopped dead in its tracks. The outrageous suggestion recently put forth by Bill Clinton, wanting to rebuild Detroit with Syrian refugees is yet another slap in the face to every American citizen, and exposes the underlying mentality which is totally opposite of Trump's message of "America First".

So what extreme mental disorder could cause an American citizen to embrace the Clinton message of "America Last"?

Quote:
I agree that existing laws need to be enforced and we don't really need new laws from what I know. But there is no need to build a wall or do more than we are doing to secure the border. If the existing laws were to be enforced, the incentives to come here illegally would vanish.
Is it a genetic defect that causes liberals to speak in circles?

There is no need to build a wall, or do more than we are doing now? How can you say that, given the complete failure of our border security?

According to the border patrol (who have endorsed Trump, btw), only 40-60 % of the illegals crossing the border are apprehended. That alone proves that we do need to do much more than we are currently doing. The fact that most are released only shows what a farce the whole effort really is.

And yes, there needs to be a wall that impedes the illegal border traffic ....

Have you ever actually seen any of the US-MEXICO border entry points? Very elaborate security ... people and auto traffic screened and passed through checkpoints. Inspecting passports. etc. What is the point of all that, if you have 1,000 + miles of openness to which anyone can just bypass the border checkpoints, and walk in undetected? The obvious answer is, there is no point in having such checkpoints when they can be, and are, being easily bypassed by millions.

So let's try to inject a tiny bit of rational thought here. Right now, your position doesn't.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:18 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:

Huh? Exactly what is racist about that?

Democrats have consistently criticized Republicans for not 'reaching out' to the black community. Now Trump has done that and he's called a racist for doing it.

The Democrats own cognitive dissonance.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode >

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Why is that racist?
There you have it folks.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:25 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
There you have it folks.
Oh Ok got it. It is racist because you say it is.
What do black people have to loose? The Dems have done not a thing for them. In fact the latest pandering to illegals can be argued as hurting poor black americans.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Of course you can't or won't explain why it is supposedly an epic failure.
No one should have to. Maybe you think racism simply consists of expressions of hate based on race. You may not think racism can be more subtle, like "what. the hell. do you have. to lose?"

Or like one person I know once said, "I'm not racist. I just think they were given too much too fast."

Trump actually said to America's blacks, "what. the hell. do you have. to lose?"

THAT is racism. THAT is all it takes, along with a failure to retract it and apologize, to see that he's a racist. A person who wants to be accepting of races and wants to correct any racist ideas he has would have apologized and retracted that statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies