Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 04:41 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
"People are unsupportive"???? Yeah, a few deniers are. 80% agree.

When has the earth's climate changed as it is changing now? Answer: never.
Throwing around statistics with no proof. 80%, yeah right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 05:05 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
I'm surprised the left hasn't tried to make us stop plate tectonics yet. It's something that causes large, long-term changes, that we have nothing to do with.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:30 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
I'm surprised the left hasn't tried to make us stop plate tectonics yet. It's something that causes large, long-term changes, that we have nothing to do with.
Why would the "left" say that??? Do you understand the basics of plate tectonics? I'm actually impressed you know about plate tectonics at all! Google can help you learn more if you are interested. Make sure it is a reputable site.

As for the OP - Florida represents a small part of the globe. When we say climate change or GLOBAL warming, that means the entire planet. Florida does NOT represent the entire planet. I hope that makes sense?

Old 09-03-2016, 05:41 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
No, that would be you believing fact is theory and unable to distinguish.
What fact?

All you have is half baked theory based on flawed computer models.

Nice try.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:11 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
AGW is alive and well in Liberal fantasy land.
the planet could be in the middle of an ice age, the alarmists will still spew the "global warming" mantra.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:02 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the planet could be in the middle of an ice age, the alarmists will still spew the "global warming" mantra.
When I was a teen, the "Left" (at that time I didn't even know such terms) was telling us we were entering another ice age! Gee, guess they were wrong about that too! Who is surprised?

Old 09-03-2016, 07:59 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
there is no such thing as global warming, it is a phrase some human being made up.
the earth is doing what the earth has been doing for trillions of years, we're the ones in the way.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:07 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
there is no such thing as global warming, it is a phrase some human being made up.
the earth is doing what the earth has been doing for trillions of years, we're the ones in the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZmafy_v8g8

Old 09-03-2016, 08:36 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I thought hurricanes were suppose to be more powerful... Hermine was weak... Florida hasn't had a hurricane since 2005... I thought hurricanes were suppose to be more frequent.... Its September already.... I thought hurricanes were suppose to come earlier... wasn't that the scare of global warming?
Yes............................ "climate change"........

Here is the problem with academic disingenuous behavior:

The Climate is actually cooling, due to cyclical changes and reduced solar activity. When it is confirmed that the climate is cooling (gee...... will the global warming nazis bury such information?), would the "rational" response to these changes be an effort to massively INCREASE CO2 production?

You see................... it cuts both ways. If CO2 increases cause warming, then, of course, massive increases in CO2 production would be warranted if there was evidence of cooling.

Libs are such idiots, as they do not understand anything about CO2 absorption spectra, the actual impact of CO2 in Joules/M(cubed), the number of Joules required to heat continuously a cubic meter of atmosphere, and not even mentioning the historic relationships of CO2 and actual temps.'

What we actually need now is MASSIVE CO2 INCREASES, not decreases. I am an ardent environmentalist and oppose the actions of the "global warming" eco-terrorists, who seek to destroy the environment.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:09 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
None of that is true.

Storms are not more frequent, nor do they have more intensity. Forest fires, started by lightening, have always been around and before we got here, they really did rage completely out of control. Also, there is nowhere where floods are now where there has never been one before.
They absolutely are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies