Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2009, 12:18 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,418,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
you really think that the army and air force would support this president? Good luck with that. They would invade, then have beers with them.

Seriously, if something like this happened, I could see an overthrow of the federal gov't with the army and airforce leading the way.
An attack on U.S. Citizens by U.S. soldiers would be the lighting of the fuse of one hell of an explosive in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 06:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
I agree with you in these points. In each, you cite an example of one individual or group violating the freedoms of another individual or group. In the first case, by disrupting business practices, and in the second case, by creating hostility towards others by implied threat.
Why doesn't the word "morals" come into play instead of religion? Whenever you bring up religion it stirs people into a frenzy. Morals are what people live by either ignoring them or practicing them don't you think? Like it's morally wrong to steal or kill someone for no good reason.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:11 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
you really think that the army and air force would support this president? Good luck with that. They would invade, then have beers with them.

Seriously, if something like this happened, I could see an overthrow of the federal gov't with the army and airforce leading the way.
I would say a big chunk of them would NOT stand on the Fed Gov' side apposed to not supporting this president as you put it !! And that big chunk is probably bigger than we all think !

And of course many would hang out and have a beer only after joining in the ranks !

Old 03-19-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
I would say a big chunk of them would NOT stand on the Fed Gov' side apposed to not supporting this president as you put it !! And that big chunk is probably bigger than we all think !

And of course many would hang out and have a beer only after joining in the ranks !
What many are missing is that standing for the president and standing for the government have today become two distinctly different things. This president has shown he's clearly lost control of the government which seems to have run amok lying,cheating and stealing with both hands and now,NOW they want to impose a 90% tax on one specific group of people that they let do what they did.
The question you'd better be asking yourself is when will you be the group they come after? Sound funny or impossible? Well a year ago you'd have said the same thing about where we are today now wouldn't you?
Everyone I've talked to is highly ticked about the AIG thing but is just as concerned about the "fix" they've come up with.
I surely hope the President can get it back under control and stop this madness before we're bankrupt...

Old 03-19-2009, 08:35 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
A fantasy. No state will ever secede ever again, well that is unless they want the army to beat them into submission.

strange, I did not see secession anywhere in the document at all, maybe you can point it out to me.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Unless Montana has a militia that can take on the US Army and US Air Force I'd say it's a moot point.

But it is some good old fashioned stir up the people politicking.

oh really?

as in the last civil war, when a state secedes from the union, they take over all federal military posts in their state.

in Montana that includes 100's of ICBM's.

now liberals really have a problem.

btw, last I understood, Montana does have a militia, more than 10k from what I understand. you never hear about it because the news media does not like to report news that is contrary to their way of thinking.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
"The court must decide in Heller whether the Second Amendment secures a right for individuals to keep and bear arms or merely grants states the power to arm their militias, the National Guard. This latter view is called the "collective rights" theory.

The Constitution does not specify that the only state "militia" is the National Guard. The "militia" of a state may be the police, rangers or even private citizens who, being trained in the use of a firearm and the laws of defense, arrest and detainment, are issued permits to carry a firearm and may, in times of emergency, be called upon to assist. Also many states have unpaid militias that would qualify as a "militia" inclusing here in Georgia Georgia State Defense Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The Framers who wrote that did not specify that only official military members were "militia" and the could not have meant that in the days they lived in when a "militia" meant the local Sheriff or Marshall called out for a posse to go after the bad guys and citizens got their guns and mounted up.

strange, I never read anything in the 2nd Amendment that said anything about having a permit.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
oh really?
now liberals really have a problem.

btw, last I understood, Montana does have a militia, more than 10k from what I understand. you never hear about it because the news media does not like to report news that is contrary to their way of thinking.
Yes they certainly do and have had one for years!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yes they certainly do and have had one for years!

trying to move out to troy, hopefully that will happen this or next year.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:07 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What many are missing is that standing for the president and standing for the government have today become two distinctly different things. This president has shown he's clearly lost control of the government which seems to have run amok lying,cheating and stealing with both hands and now,NOW they want to impose a 90% tax on one specific group of people that they let do what they did.
The question you'd better be asking yourself is when will you be the group they come after? Sound funny or impossible? Well a year ago you'd have said the same thing about where we are today now wouldn't you?
Everyone I've talked to is highly ticked about the AIG thing but is just as concerned about the "fix" they've come up with.
I surely hope the President can get it back under control and stop this madness before we're bankrupt...
Ya... my concern too is how they jumped on one specific group of people ! And quick too... almost overnight. Which now begs your exact question.

I don't care who the president is... Obama, Fred Flinstone, someones dog... the Gov is out of control and no one person can fix it IMO. The Gov foundation is in bad shape, no matter who you put or what you attempt to build on top of it... it's still a bad foundation.

I'm not sure who it was that said this (my history is a little foggy ) I think it was Ben Franklin... the Gov would be good for about 100 years before it would become too corrupt to govern as it was intended. After that it should be done away with !

That statement does represent out Gov today without a doubt and I honestly think our Gov is way past the point of no return when it comes to corruption at all levels in some way shape or form that affects its true function and is well beyond any point of fixing to any degree that it won't revert easily back to the same corrupt entity that it is today.

All the people we have to choose from is a pool of corrupt individuals representing/contolled by 2 parties who are beign controlled themselves ! The People continue to limit themselves to ONLY these 2 corrupt options who are each as corrupt as the other ! I just don't understand and never thouht that society could be so naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies