Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2009, 10:21 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
What a pathetic rant about a group of wingnuts that needed to be brought to heel.
So... what ?! Are you really trying to compare all the citizens of MT with the wackjobs from Waco ? Is that it ?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 10:27 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
So... what ?! Are you really trying to compare all the citizens of MT with the wackjobs from Waco ? Is that it ?!
Waco obviously has no corner on wack jobs. I count about 44 who signed their name to a secession document from MT. That's full fledged wack job.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
What a pathetic rant about a group of wingnuts that needed to be brought to heel.
It's better than some yankee "supposed" subjockey doing the level best to stir things up... I had a friend like this once, used to call people names or smack them then go run inside his house and yell things out the window knowing full well nobody could confront him. He tried the service as well but didn't last long, hmmm, is there a theme here? You be the judge.
On another point, at least we have pols that have conviction of their beliefs not ones that should be or have convictions! Marion Barry ring a bell???

Old 03-19-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Waco obviously has no corner on wack jobs. I count about 44 who signed their name to a secession document from MT. That's full fledged wack job.
And do you feel threatened by those supposed "whack jobs" that help represent about a MILLION PEOPLE all the way over there in DC ?

Old 03-19-2009, 12:49 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Just a quick note, the topic here is...

Montana talks of leaving the Union over gun rights !

I suggest folks get back to the topic at hand and refrain from making this about each other. I mean to think of all that time it took to type all that out for nothing.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:59 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
I don't recall anyone posting this...

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c200..._20090303.html

Quote:
Montana Has It Right On Second Amendment
by Chuck Baldwin
March 3, 2009

According to ABC News (Feb. 25, 2009), "The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.
"'As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons,' Holder told reporters."

P.S. If anyone wants to see firsthand testimony regarding the importance of the Second Amendment, I encourage him or her to watch this testimony given before Congress not long ago:
Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For
[mod edited for copyright]

Old 03-19-2009, 01:10 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
I have quietly advocated secession for a long time. I would vote FOR it in a heartbeat, and not just for the gun rights issue. It would separate us from the coming decline and fall of the United States as a Constitutional Republic. Not to mention the inevitable bankruptcy of the United States.
Oh, yes, there are a great many issues that make secession more attractive as time goes on.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I don't recall anyone posting this...

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c200..._20090303.html

[mod edited for copyright]
I think the Gov will be happy and feel more secure when the citizens can only arm themselves with paint ball guns... Then they'll outlaw the paint balls because you can put a "good guys" eye out with one if he isn't wearing his sun glasses !

Old 03-19-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have quietly advocated secession for a long time. I would vote FOR it in a heartbeat, and not just for the gun rights issue. It would separate us from the coming decline and fall of the United States as a Constitutional Republic. Not to mention the inevitable bankruptcy of the United States.
Oh, yes, there are a great many issues that make secession more attractive as time goes on.
That's why half of America would become part of it no matter what State(s) attempted it... the up side is way greater than the down ! And that half would tend to be the more intellectual half too...

Old 03-19-2009, 01:17 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
I think the Gov will be happy and feel more secure when the citizens can only arm themselves with paint ball guns... Then they'll outlaw the paint balls because you can put a "good guys" eye out with one if he isn't wearing his sun glasses !
Yes, but would paintball guns still necessitate secession?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies