Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 10:05 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times

Advertisements

A few weeks ago, we had this report: CNN: Powell talks Clinton emails: 'Her people are trying to pin it on me'

Then, we learn from the FBI report that:

ABC: Colin Powell Warned Hillary Clinton to Be 'Very Careful' About Using Personal Email for Business

Yup, Clinton's version was right after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 10:19 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
No surprise. Colin Powell is a Bush neocon (aka leftist, Rockefeller).

Old 09-04-2016, 10:21 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
A few weeks ago, we had this report: CNN: Powell talks Clinton emails: 'Her people are trying to pin it on me'

ABC: Colin Powell Warned Hillary Clinton to Be 'Very Careful' About Using Personal Email for Business

1 Hillary lie debunked, about 5,000 more to go. Good luck. Lets file this away for if Powell decides to run for POTUS though.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:38 AM

1,050 posts, read 698,917 times
This does not address the set up of her server.

Using personal email a few times as Powell did does not compare to the astounding number of her email correspondences either using that server

And Powell did not give her advice pertaining to the set up of her own server

Last edited by Emerald Forest; 09-04-2016 at 10:52 AM..

Old 09-04-2016, 01:46 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
This does not address the set up of her server.

Using personal email a few times as Powell did does not compare to the astounding number of her email correspondences either using that server

And Powell did not give her advice pertaining to the set up of her own server
No, he did not give her advice pertaining to setting up her own private server. Let's review the FACTS:

A Guide to Clinton’s Emails

Powell DID NOT have a private server set up at his house and DID NOT advise Hillary to do so.

From this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-plain-wrong/

"1. Clinton exclusively used a private email account to conduct State Department business. Powell did not.

2. Clinton had a private email server, located at her house. Powell did not.

3. The rules governing electronic communication changed considerably — and got more strict — between Powell's time in office and Clinton's."

And I'm adding that Clinton is flaming liar and targeted Colin Powell because she thought her rich white racist friends would surely believe that the black man steered her wrong!

Old 09-04-2016, 02:18 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

I'm sorry, but all this does is debunk the argument that her predecessors did it, so she assumed it was "OK". And that she didn't destroy "official records", which we already know she did.

Quote:
Powell, according to the FBI notes, replied by warning Clinton that "if it became 'public' that Clinton had a Blackberry and she used it to 'do business,' her e-mails could become 'official record[s] and subject to the law.'"

"Be very careful. I got around it all by not saying much and not using systems that capture the data," Powell advised.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:36 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No, he did not give her advice pertaining to setting up her own private server. Let's review the FACTS:

A Guide to Clinton’s Emails

Powell DID NOT have a private server set up at his house and DID NOT advise Hillary to do so.

From this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-plain-wrong/

"1. Clinton exclusively used a private email account to conduct State Department business. Powell did not.

2. Clinton had a private email server, located at her house. Powell did not.

3. The rules governing electronic communication changed considerably — and got more strict — between Powell's time in office and Clinton's."

And I'm adding that Clinton is flaming liar and targeted Colin Powell because she thought her rich white racist friends would surely believe that the black man steered her wrong!
That article is highly misleading.
(1) is simply made up. Powell also exclusively used non-govt email for day to day state department business.

(2) is a distinction without a difference. Both were using personal email accounts to conduct official business.

https://oig.state.gov/system/files/esp-16-03.pdf

Old 09-04-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
That article is highly misleading.
(1) is simply made up. Powell also exclusively used non-govt email for day to day state department business.

(2) is a distinction without a difference. Both were using personal email accounts to conduct official business.

https://oig.state.gov/system/files/esp-16-03.pdf
I don't get your point Jason.

Ms. Clinton set up her server, that is a big problem and her volume of emails dwarfs Powell's

she did not need to drop Powell's name at all. Overall he had nothing to do w/ her choices

Old 09-04-2016, 03:57 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
I don't get your point Jason.

Ms. Clinton set up her server, that is a big problem and her volume of emails dwarfs Powell's

she did not need to drop Powell's name at all. Overall he had nothing to do w/ her choices
The point is that it's a lie to pretend Powell wasn't also exclusively using private email.

The second point, while technically true, is rather meaningless, since both were using non-govt email. The servers were just in different locations.

Old 09-04-2016, 04:00 PM

He abided by the rules.

He didn't set up a server for govt business in his house and then manage to lose large volumes of emails or lose numerous phones

He didn't have a conflict of interest, i.e. a foundation

What a mess--his name never should have been dropped
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies