Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 08:42 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,405,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Anecdotes in a discussion about the mass effectiveness of vaccines.

Couldn't rep you again, yet.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:45 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,689,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
www.veoh.com/watch/v109341549TCWdSkCk (Only working link right now)

This is a must watch!

The amount of toxic crap they use is utterly shocking -- Theres scenes in this film that will make you very angry!!!

Please make it viral!! -- They keep deleting this video... THEY DO NOT WANT IT KNOWN!!!
I'm always suspect of these agenda oriented documentaries, too often they leave out a lot of facts and truth, and are purposely misleading.

I remember an anti-fracking documentary, I think it was called Gasland or something. The guy shows a kitchen faucet that came from a well that you could put a match to and flames would come out.

Turned out even the EPA verified that it was all natural, the water source just had high levels of organic gases, and had nothing to do with human activities, much less fracking. It was a purposeful scam

Old 09-14-2016, 09:02 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,369,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
So because someone believes vaccines are damaging you figure that includes ALL medicines?
Is that your question?
I DO wish that vaccines never were invented..
Your hypothetical question is rather silly..who the hell would willingly expose themselves to disease? The inactivated polio vaccine is absolutely useless in polio endemic countries.
I always try to avoid mosquito bites...who doesn't?...It's not the Zika virus that's causing all the damaged children to be born...that's just another lie to get you to buy ANOTHER vaccine.
The idea of vaccinating pregnant women is chilling, scary, a great way to damage the unborn.
Thanks for taking the time to answer. I disagree with you but appreciate the response.

If we look at the anti-vaccine movement we see some very common values/fears/concerns that have driven a lot of various movements in America over the years. (The easiest parallel is the concern over fluoridated water a half-century ago.) Some of the values seem to include:

*Personal autonomy
*An us vs. them struggle for control by individuals against a monolithic enemy (government, big pharma, etc.)
*Being on the moral high ground, i.e. being morally right in a struggle against something that is unethical/evil/wrong
*Being smarter or more awake than the government/big business/culture wants you to be
*Being smarter or more awake than most people and trying to wake them up
*Being opposed by a government/big business/culture that wants to subjugate and quiet those who are more awake
*Protecting one's family against real or perceived threats
*Therefore, in sum, considering oneself to be in righteous opposition to tyrannical, subversive forces

This is a very American ethos and we frequently see these concepts underpinning a variety of American groups/movements/theories.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:07 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,839,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Back in 2011 the US Federal Gov awarded 6 pharmaceutical corporations over 5.7 BILLION DOLLERS to manufacture children's vaccines alone.
Probably much more today
And you think that pharmaceutical companies don't make more than a billion dollars on a statins or erectile dysfunction meds or blood pressure meds, or diabetes medications.....

I would like to see the source for your 5.7 billion dollars....I work in contracting and have done government contracts before. Usually when an agency does a bid for products, they get a price list and the agencies/entities that need the product will have a discounted rate based on "aggregate spend" of the agencies/entities that will be purchasing the product.

I looked up "vaccine contract" of the federal government and found the following:

01-01-2011 CDC Vaccine Price List as of 2011

Within the link it shows the price of each set of vaccines showing the discounted CDC price versus the private sector price list. Government health agencies, according to the link and city health clinics get the discounted prices. It list the manufacturer, what type of vaccine, how many vials and the prices mentioned above.

They cannot equivocally say that the contract will be "5.7 billion dollars." These sorts of contracts are labeled as "indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity" contracts, meaning the government doesn't know how much will be used so you cannot place an exact dollar amount on the contract. They can provide an estimate based on previous purchasing patterns but every year will be different. So your "5.7 billion dollar" contract stuck out to me.

When I did a search for the CDC vaccine price list, I also did see a "natural news" article with that amount of money labeled. You should not base your "research" on such biased news sources. Look at the facts/figures.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:24 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,771,381 times
Thanks for sharing this , op. I haven't yet seen it but will. It would be great if everyone commenting would watch it first and then discuss. Doubtful that will happen but it would make for a much more interesting discussion. I won't hold my breath.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:42 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
Thanks for taking the time to answer. I disagree with you but appreciate the response.

If we look at the anti-vaccine movement we see some very common values/fears/concerns that have driven a lot of various movements in America over the years. (The easiest parallel is the concern over fluoridated water a half-century ago.) Some of the values seem to include:

*Personal autonomy
*An us vs. them struggle for control by individuals against a monolithic enemy (government, big pharma, etc.)
*Being on the moral high ground, i.e. being morally right in a struggle against something that is unethical/evil/wrong
*Being smarter or more awake than the government/big business/culture wants you to be
*Being smarter or more awake than most people and trying to wake them up
*Being opposed by a government/big business/culture that wants to subjugate and quiet those who are more awake
*Protecting one's family against real or perceived threats
*Therefore, in sum, considering oneself to be in righteous opposition to tyrannical, subversive forces

This is a very American ethos and we frequently see these concepts underpinning a variety of American groups/movements/theories.
There is more anti-vax sentiment in Europe, both eastern and western, Australia and Japan than here in the US. They just fit it into their own culture.
Anti-Vaccine Movements Not Just a U.S. Problem | US News

Here's a little piece about quackery, which some of these anti-vax people have been suckered into, especially numbers 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7.
Eight slogans that quacks love to use: if you hear these, find a proper doctor | Spectator Health

Old 09-14-2016, 09:57 AM

1,202 posts, read 643,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you are laughing, that you are a danger to the public???

shows exactly what kind of uncaring 'person' you are
I am laughing at the ignorance of the pro vax folks! I am done trying to educate people...its just sad that their KIDS are their guinea pigs for dangerous medicines....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well bless your heart... May you and your kids still be happy and laughing and not pass on any disease if/when you become infected to any innocents that are unfortunate to cross your path.

All from a bogus video/information that's been totally debunked and totally trashed.
LOL yes by the same old suspects who have a monetary gain from more vaccines being produced and injected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
in the 1970's most people got 2-3 vaccines, in the 90's 15-18, today? Over 150. I will never get vaccinated for anything.
Yep and if you look at the number of vaccines vs the amount of people getting autism its shockingly parallel problem! Vaccines go up number of cases of Autism go up!Just a coincidence I guess!

Old 09-14-2016, 10:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
I am laughing at the ignorance of the pro vax folks! I am done trying to educate people...its just sad that their KIDS are their guinea pigs for dangerous medicines....

LOL yes by the same old suspects who have a monetary gain from more vaccines being produced and injected.

Yep and if you look at the number of vaccines vs the amount of people getting autism its shockingly parallel problem! Vaccines go up number of cases of Autism go up!Just a coincidence I guess!
There's also a correlation with cell-phone use and autism; with eating organic food and autism, and so on.

Old 09-14-2016, 10:06 AM

1,202 posts, read 643,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
There's also a correlation with cell-phone use and autism; with eating organic food and autism, and so on.
Cool story!

Old 09-14-2016, 10:07 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,638,155 times
I can't believe people still fall for this vaccine scam by big pharma. They contain formaldehyde and other toxic compounds.

For example, did you know one of the main ingredients of vaccines is dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO)? DHMO is also used in chemical cleaners like Windex, bleach sprays, etc. Children that inhaled even small amounts of DHMO have died.

Also, 1 vaccine contains more DHMO than an ounce of crystal meth! And yet DHMO is so addictive that -- once exposed -- even a 1% drop in your DHMO levels will cause immediate cravings, headaches, irritability, etc. Let those levels drop more and it causes death!

See the DHMO research organization for further reading. This post just scratches the surface of how dangerous it is to have DHMO in vaccines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies