Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 11:41 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times

Advertisements

Was he robbed by a white guy?

Old 09-16-2016, 11:55 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
I understand this and agree. But it would be nice to see more upstanding blacks ***** about the CRIME IN THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD ... Remember just like HOW most blacks are good people..so are most cops...get the correlation?
What you see is partly or mostly a function of what you SELECT to see. Certainly if you wanted to see it you could simply google it. However, I personally believe that people like you only go as far as you need to go to satisfy your narrative. Secondly, you do not need to use my logic to teach me anything. I am schooling YOU....you are not schooling me. It was ME who told YOU that you cannot define a group by what 1% of its members do. Thus, you do not have to tell me that I cannot say that the police are bad. I have NEVER said that. I have never defined the police by the behavior of the small percentage of them that kill people unjustly. I live and think by my logic....and my logic is not selective because logic is principled.

Third and finally, it was YOU who stated that people cannot help but to see blacks a certain why when the majority of violent crimes they see are committed by blacks. You have revealed your mindset. You ARE guilty of that....regardless of how you say you know agree with me. Likely, despite your agreement, I can almost guarantee that in some thread in the near future that you will be arguing the same thing about blacks and crime.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:00 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What you see is partly or mostly a function of what you SELECT to see. Certainly if you wanted to see it you could simply google it. However, I personally believe that people like you only go as far as you need to go to satisfy your narrative. Secondly, you do not need to use my logic to teach me anything. I am schooling YOU....you are not schooling me. It was ME who told YOU that you cannot define a group by what 1% of its members do. Thus, you do not have to tell me that I cannot say that the police are bad. I have NEVER said that. I have never defined the police by the behavior of the small percentage of them that kill people unjustly. I live and think by my logic....and my logic is not selective because logic is principled.

Third and finally, it was YOU who stated that people cannot help but to see blacks a certain why when the majority of violent crimes they see are committed by blacks. You have revealed your mindset. You ARE guilty of that....regardless of how you say you know agree with me. Likely, despite your agreement, I can almost guarantee that in some thread in the near future that you will be arguing the same thing about blacks and crime.
So we look at the facts that African Americans commit vast majority of violent crime while they are a small minority of the population and you say we have to get our minds right? Gotcha.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:01 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Forget the violence the BLM movement has triggered and focus on the initial message, which had merit. Just as posts about anything involving AA's on c-d bring out racists, the BLM movement also attracts racists. People are just looking for a reason to bash the other guy in the head. Focus on the cop who shot a guy in the head as he slowly rolled his car away, and the cop who put a bullet in the back of a black man who is running away slowly, with the cop planting a taser near him, and the kid who was walking AWAY from the cops in Chicago and was shot multiple times. There are more - these are the ones I think of on the top of my head.

That's what BLM was supposed to be conveying. That black lives matter, TOO.
Bull to the bolded. "Forget the violence the BLM movement has triggered"? Tell that to the families of Police Officers Wenjian Liu, Rafael Ramos, Lorne Ahrens, Michael Smith, Michael Krol, Patrick Zamarripa, Brent Thompson, Thomas LaValley. I could name two dozen other police murdered in cold blood pretty easily.

BLM is a hateful mob and their message is not "black lives matter, TOO." It is absolutely not, in my opinion. You are entitled to your opinion, but these mobs are despicable instigators of murder and hatred towards police and white people, in my opinion.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:03 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They do not value life. You know who they are and the character they present.
13% of the population are black Americans. Black Americans commit 52% of all murders and 69% of all violent crimes.

Just 13% of our entire population are Black Americans and then it is a smaller fraction within that 13% that actually are evil and have no value of life. Theirs, or anyone else. That is scary and the reason the Black American populations are targeted by law enforcement at a greater presents than lily white populations.

This isn't anything a white boy can fix, or attempt to fix without being called a racist. This is exclusively on the Black American communities, to right the ship toward peace and harmony.

Jesus needs to make a big comeback in Black American Communities, because the Muslim angle that has invaded it, has no respect for life, including there own.
It does not matter.......regardless of what percentage of total violent crimes are committed by blacks.....the behavior of 1% of the black population is not a microcosm of the black population when 99% of black people are not engaged in this behavior. Again, over 1% of blacks have very high IQ's.....yet.....people like you see us as dumb, but if 1% of blacks are doing something negative, people like you try to make the 1% representative of the whole. That is pure racism. Anything positive a few black people do gets isolated to those few...while anything negative black people do gets extrapolated to be representative of the many. That is because that is how you WANT to see us. That is the way you already see us. That is the way you want others to see us.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:05 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,997,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Excuse me, but it seems that a distinction is being missed here.

I want cops to catch bad guys, and even maim or kill bad guys if necessary.

What i don't want cops to do is pull someone over for a busted tail light or for not using a turn signal and the person ends up shot to death because he didn't kiss the cop's ass sufficiently or because his eyelids blinked....an action that cops determine to be a symbol of resistance. And of course, people like the OP eat it up and say "oh, he twitched his nose? Well that's a sign that he was threatening the cops and the cop SHOULD have shot him."

So, whatever.
he doesn't have to kiss the cop's ass but when he reaches for the cop's gun in a struggle he deserves to be shot.

Minnesota......black "eye witnesses" claim the guy was in handcuffs when shot. Yet a DEMOCRAT prosecutor held a press conference with Black Lives Matter and said forensic evidence shows victim's finger prints on officers hand gun and no hand cuff marks on the victim's wrist.

Evidence means nothing to a hate group like Black Lives Matter.

One of the female leaders of the hate group told the DEMOCRAT prosecutor........" if the city burns, it's on you "

Old 09-16-2016, 12:07 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,997,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It does not matter.......regardless of what percentage of total violent crimes are committed by blacks.....the behavior of 1% of the black population is not a microcosm of the black population when 99% of black people are not engaged in this behavior. Again, over 1% of blacks have very high IQ's.....yet.....people like you see us as dumb, but if 1% of blacks are doing something negative, people like you try to make the 1% representative of the whole. That is pure racism. Anything positive a few black people do gets isolated to those few...while anything negative black people do gets extrapolated to be representative of the many. That is because that is how you WANT to see us. That is the way you already see us. That is the way you want others to see us.

First 48

enough said !

Old 09-16-2016, 12:10 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Excuse me, but it seems that a distinction is being missed here.

I want cops to catch bad guys, and even maim or kill bad guys if necessary.

What i don't want cops to do is pull someone over for a busted tail light or for not using a turn signal and the person ends up shot to death because he didn't kiss the cop's ass sufficiently or because his eyelids blinked....an action that cops determine to be a symbol of resistance. And of course, people like the OP eat it up and say "oh, he twitched his nose? Well that's a sign that he was threatening the cops and the cop SHOULD have shot him."

So, whatever.
"Excuse me, but it seems that a distinction is being missed here."

And it is YOU who has missed it.

BLM is AGAINST the police, PERIOD.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:13 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Or...maybe, just maybe ... THEY see a lot of crime being committed by a small percent of the population and naturally have formulated a general opinion for right or wrong. On every one of these threads I see A LOT of BITCHING about how whites view blacks by people like you, but I NEVER see "you" bitching about the abnormal amount of crime and disrespect for the law minorities have.
On the blue, I am black. I don't see a lot of crime being committed by black people in my neighborhood. And honesty, I live in a pretty poor neighborhood with a large black population.

I lived in Atlanta over 15 years, the last 7 of which was spent in a neighborhood that was 98% black and the most poverty stricken in that city, yet I was never a victim of crime.

Crime is an issue though for many black people, but for the vast majority of us, it does not affect us like you seem to think it does.

Also, there are plenty of black people bitching about crime. Black people b ! tch about that and they b ! tch about white people generalizing us as the same criminally minded, dysfunctional people that we also b ! tch about lol.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:18 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
You are exactly right so what needs to happen is that Police officers start being held accountable. When multiple complaints of excessive force are filed against an officer, they need to be fired. Those are the cops making it tough for the good cops. Just look at the article below There were some cops that cost the city millions in settlements yet remained on the job. There were cops that were named in multiple events that ended in settlements yet remained on the job. That has to stop at some point.

55 cops have been sued 10 or more times. That's insane! One guy is part of 28 lawsuits in 10 years. 28! How can anyone justify him keeping his job?
EXCLUSIVE: Detective is NYPD's most-sued cop with 28 lawsuits - NY Daily News

Again, many of the protests and complaints would die down if simple accountability was done...firing for continued issues and jailtime for serious instances.
55 NYPD cops

-----UNION----
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies