Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 01:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
On one hand you're supporting compensation packages supported by complicit corporate boards and on the other criticizing speaking fees and bringing up minimum wages?
I was being sarcastic. I fully support those independent speakers to be paid in anyway possible as long as they don't trade favors through the government.

But if they are questioning CEOs, what's the reason they don't question Hilary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 01:33 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
What do you expect from a fiefdom based economy.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:24 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
I don't care about his pay so much that a huge company can flat-out scam people, dump a few thousand low-level employees as scapegoats, and keep on functioning with a slap on the wrist.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:50 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't care about his pay so much that a huge company can flat-out scam people, dump a few thousand low-level employees as scapegoats, and keep on functioning with a slap on the wrist.
Yeah!!! Only the government should be able to get away with that!!!!

Old 09-21-2016, 02:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Naive is a word that comes to mind.

Read more: The Same People Who Decide CEO Compensation Also Pay Themselves Lavishly
Important: Can you afford to Retire?
The Same People Who Decide CEO Compensation Also Pay Themselves Lavishly
we get that you hate the CEOs of every company on earth, but then again why should you care what they make? and if you are so jealous of what they make, why dont you work to get to their level and make what they do? are you willing to step up and take the risks they do? to make the decisions they do? if not then shut up.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:27 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You don't see an issue with the CEO holding 5000 employees accountable for a policy put in place to enrich himself and others. Did he also take responsibility by returning his stock gains or resigning, what exactly was his punishment.
That's between the stockholders and the CEO. Take it to them and have him dealt with accordingly.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:38 PM

Could anybody from the anti-CEO crowd describe a typical day as an CEO?

I have worked for enough CEOs to know that even they give me that money, I wouldn't want to be in their position. Too freaking stressful as I would have no time posting on CD constantly.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:41 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I have worked for enough CEOs to know that even they give me that money, I wouldn't want to be in their position. Too freaking stressful as I would have no time posting on CD constantly.
I agree. 24/7 accountability. Hard, often painful decisions. Assailed by doubts.

No time to enjoy the prosperity.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I agree. 24/7 accountability. Hard, often painful decisions. Assailed by doubts.

No time to enjoy the prosperity.
Add non-stop traveling and must put up a happy face even you are jet lagged 48 hours while making decisions that could cost your job and the company millions if not billion.

Even the fate of thousands of employees would weigh heavily on you. To say the CEO not caring the employees is complete BS. Every single CEO I worked for cared about their employees as a whole, not so much about how much you as an individual should be paid but more on whether or not most employees would have a job.

Think about this. If you get a chance to screw up the life of thousands of people, would you do it? Some of the ugly human beings here would love to take that chance but the vast majority of the CEOs would NOT. Not one sane CEO would purposely drive their company to the ground so that thousands and themselves would be out of job. That's just plain stupid.

Are there CEOs who would say "Screw the employees and I am get paid"? Of course, there are but they are the monitory of the minority. Why? Because that's neither profitable nor sustainable, and more importantly, the board of directors aren't stupid like the clueless imagine them to be!

Old 09-21-2016, 04:04 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,546,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The CEO of Wels Fargo whose massive bank appropriated customers' information to create millions of bogus accounts responded to questions at a senate hearing by saying he lacked the appropriate expertise.

Stumpf made millions of dollars in the "scam."

'You Should Resign': Watch Sen. Elizabeth Warren Grill Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf : The Two-Way : NPR

There you go folks. Many CEOs are nothing but crooks in white shirts ripping off their employees with low wages and ripping off the shareholders of their company.

Exactly. I have been saying most ceos do not deserve their high salary for years. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies