Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 04:06 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,753,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The CEO of Wels Fargo whose massive bank appropriated customers' information to create millions of bogus accounts responded to questions at a senate hearing by saying he lacked the appropriate expertise.

Stumpf made millions of dollars in the "scam."

'You Should Resign': Watch Sen. Elizabeth Warren Grill Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf : The Two-Way : NPR

There you go folks. Many CEOs are nothing but crooks in white shirts ripping off their employees with low wages and ripping off the shareholders of their company.
He reminds me a lot of that NFL commissioner who didn't know anything at all about head injury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 04:29 PM

57,347 posts, read 26,255,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I was being sarcastic. I fully support those independent speakers to be paid in anyway possible as long as they don't trade favors through the government.

But if they are questioning CEOs, what's the reason they don't question Hilary?
Why do we need to bring Clinton into a discussion regarding executive pay. let's stick to the topic. They are entirely different, one has nothing to do with the other.

Last edited by Goodnight; 09-21-2016 at 04:41 PM..

Old 09-21-2016, 04:40 PM

57,347 posts, read 26,255,278 times
Quote:
Could anybody from the anti-CEO crowd describe a typical day as an CEO?

I have worked for enough CEOs to know that even they give me that money, I wouldn't want to be in their position. Too freaking stressful as I would have no time posting on CD constantly.
I am not completely anti CEO but there are many problems with the current system, there are good CEO's that deserve salary and then there are others that do not. The down turn in 2008 should be a good enough example that many of these CEO's are not worth salaries and really do not have a handle on their own businesses.

There was a time when the CEO salaries were some multiple of the lowest paid employees, I believe it was a few hundred now it is several thousand. Getting back to the topic, why was Stumph and some of the others worthy of their salaries. Seems to me that his compensation was based in large part because of unreasonable goals that were only achievable by illegal means.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:08 PM

1,050 posts, read 506,376 times
Quote:
Was she not the Native American who got into Harvard through AA?
That's a right wing BS line of crap making a "BIG DEAL" out of nothing. Grow up.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:10 PM

1,050 posts, read 506,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
We asked our colleague to be our CEO when we built our company.

Over the 10.5 years he served as CEO, he worked his ass off. More than anyone else. And we all worked HARD.

We sold our company last year, and I think he deserved everything he got. He drove the vision. He traveled everywhere making the connections. He took the endless meetings and did all the networking. He rolled out the ideas for new product lines and then made them reality.

I don't think most folks know what many CEOs do outside of the fat cat, cigar-chomping Hollywood version they have in their heads.
Anybody who says CEOs are lazy or that they do nothing are not worth listening to.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
we get that you hate the CEOs of every company on earth, but then again why should you care what they make? and if you are so jealous of what they make, why dont you work to get to their level and make what they do? are you willing to step up and take the risks they do? to make the decisions they do? if not then shut up.

I have a problem with the argument that CEOs have to be paid millions because they are that talented. Then the CEO brings down the company and takes what is left as a golden parachute. Why do you defend that?

Old 09-21-2016, 07:15 PM

34,075 posts, read 17,112,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I think the Wells CEO is and should be in a world of trouble, but to instantly apply that to 1000s of other CEOs is obviously just agenda driven and not fact driven.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:26 PM

34,075 posts, read 17,112,870 times
Quote:

Even the fate of thousands of employees would weigh heavily on you. To say the CEO not caring the employees is complete BS. Every single CEO I worked for cared about their employees as a whole, not so much about how much you as an individual should be paid but more on whether or not most employees would have a job.

Amen An ex boss of mine, over a decade back, was GM of one division. Today he is President of about 10x that.

In early 2002 a key supplier asked him what our "Asia strategy" was, and they were inferring we should move Southeast US operations there, eliminating over a thousand jobs. I can't repeat his language about them on here per TOS. Now, bear in mind, if we took their advice, his bonus would have been spectacularly larger, but he didn't, and he loved it when we enforced price increases with them, and when they complained, our CEO (my boss was there, not I) told this giant US corp(customer) take it or we'll opt out of the contract with you.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:52 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,237,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you don't like CEO pay, don't do business with that company and don't buy their stock.

If I owned a company, I should be allowed to pay my CEO whatever I choose.

Do you think the government should be allowed to cap what I pay an employee?
OK, then be quiet when burger flippers demand $15 an hour.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:56 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,237,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
We asked our colleague to be our CEO when we built our company.

Over the 10.5 years he served as CEO, he worked his ass off. More than anyone else. And we all worked HARD.

We sold our company last year, and I think he deserved everything he got. He drove the vision. He traveled everywhere making the connections. He took the endless meetings and did all the networking. He rolled out the ideas for new product lines and then made them reality.

I don't think most folks know what many CEOs do outside of the fat cat, cigar-chomping Hollywood version they have in their heads.
Well, if you so called worked HARD, what did you do if he did all the meaningful work?

Lol...CD-land is hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies