Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 09:29 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Have to respectfully disagree with you here. sorry. Not being difficult.

I am a "ring wing", my whole families are "ring wing." I think racism is here to stay, in every country in the world. But I think things are improving, we are not going backward.

divide and conquer is tactic politicians are using, especially during election season, and it is nothing new.

we are not heading a race war.
I agree no race war. Yet, expect the politics of resentment perpetrated by right wing politics to find hostility to Asians one day. Its inevitable to those who are insecure with change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 09:35 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,405,309 times
OP, black people are not the ones writing the propaganda...cough...cough...news articles. Think about that. Whenever there are real worldwide or national issues, suddenly the airwaves are full of "news" about isolated incidents and small protests. The news coverage was never this big about one of the biggest protests this country has seen in recent times...the one against the Iraq war.

In addition to inciting some sort of "fake race war" (because other races get shot by the police, and non-white police shoot people as well), the news media seems to want to cover up issues that actually affect us all as Americans. Issues that are widespread and important, such as the national debt, the state of our infrastructure, the future of our social safety net etc.

David So Video. There is another one about a Korean guy who talks about one cop stopped him and pulled a gun on him. Sadly can't find it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3xULKrU1dg
62 YEAR OLD KOREAN WOMAN TACKLED BY COPS!

(warning adult language)

Last edited by kinkytoes; 09-24-2016 at 09:43 AM..

Old 09-24-2016, 09:41 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Or any other minority for that matter? Why is it that no other minority group in the US pulls this clownish BS every time something does not go their way? Blacks can claim they are eternal victims of slavery and racism, but so have the Jews, the Chinese, and the Japanese..and they have no problem assimilating.
Short answer is that Asians are either too busy studying for a degree or delivering my food to be engaged in confrontations with the police or burning the local CVS down.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:42 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
well, I am assuming that nobody likes criminals, including black people.

I am not trying to be difficult here, but why treating others like individuals is so difficult? You married an asian woman, didn't you? There are a lot of negative stereotypes of men like you I am sure you won't like it so much.
Men like me? Ohhhh you mean guys who marry into another race? Men who marry asian women?
LOL I am aware of the stereo types and the source of said stereotypes.
Profiling is a very human thing to do. In fact I would hazard that all animals do it.
Everyone profiles to some degree.
See a girl dressed in a loud sexually explicit way and people assume, **** or prostitute especially if it is in an area where prostitutes ply their trade.

See a guy get into a car after leaving a bar and it is assumed that he is about to drink and drive.

In a dangerous neighborhood known for gun violence, yeah I can see cops assuming the worst. I know that I would be.

In an airport I see 5 old nuns together and 5 Arab men together. I am not profiling the nuns as hijackers. The Arab men? Ill hope they aren't on my flight. Yeah I profiled them because it isn't nuns who are the problem.

If I am in Asia and I see a late fifties puss gutted white guy with an 18 year old Asian girl dressed like a prostitute, I am not assuming they are coming from their wedding reception or that it is a relationship based on love. Yeah I profiled her as a prostitute and him as a sex tourist or an ex-pat that likes young prostitutes.

So back to your original question. Why is it hard to treat people as individuals? Because people are individuals who like to herd. People like to try and clone themselves. Why do you think there are so many party loyalists, groupies following rock stars, idiots acting like thugs in the inner city? Is it individuals rioting and looting in Charlotte?
Look If I see a black guy in my town, I think nothing of it. I live in a nice place to live. It's 1950's type trust of neighbors. I see a group of black guys in the city in an area known for gang violence and I am alone? Yeah I am worried. Why? Because that is the scenario where people become victims.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 09-24-2016 at 10:07 AM..

Old 09-24-2016, 09:47 AM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Men like me? Ohhhh you mean guys who marry into another race? Men who marry asian women?
Profiling is a very human thing to do. In fact I would hazard that all animals do it.
See a girl dressed in a loud sexually explicit way and people assume, **** or prostitute especially if it is in an area where prostitutes ply their trade.

See a guy get into a car after leaving a bar and it is assumed that he is about to drink and drive.

In a dangerous neighborhood known for gun violence, yeah I can see cops assuming the worst. I know that I would be.

In an airport I see 5 old nuns together and 5 Arab men together. I am not profiling the nuns as hijackers. The Arab men? Ill hope they aren't on my flight. Yeah I profiled them because it isn't nuns who are the problem.

If I am in Asia and I see a late fifties puss gutted white guy with an 18 year old Asian girl dressed like a prostitute, I am not assuming they are coming from their wedding reception or that it is a relationship based on love. Yeah I profiled her as a prostitute and him as a sex tourist or an ex-pat that likes young prostitutes.

So back to your original question. Why is it hard to treat people as individuals? Because people are individuals who like to herd. People like to try and clone themselves. Why do you think there are so many party loyalists, groupies following rock stars, idiots acting like thugs in the inner city? Is it individuals rioting and looting in Charlotte?
Look If I see a black guy in my town, I think nothing of it. I live in a nice place to live. It's 1950's type tryst of neighbors. I see a group of black guys in the city in an area known for gang violence and I am alone? Yeah I am worried. Why? Because that is the scenario where people become victims.
well, i apologize if you read my post the wrong way.

the ONLY point I was making is

treat others as individuals. That is all. If you do, good for you. (never said one word about profiling)

Old 09-24-2016, 09:54 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:

Look If I see a black guy in my town, I think nothing of it. I live in a nice place to live. It's 1950's type tryst of neighbors. I see a group of black guys in the city in an area known for gang violence and I am alone? Yeah I am worried. Why? Because that is the scenario where people become victims.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with everything you said in this post.

The problem arises when people take profiling to the extreme. Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm convinced there has to be a healthy compromise between no profiling at all and assuming every black man is a potential criminal.

My ex is a black guy. One time I drove him to my house and he was scared to death. I asked him what's wrong? He said he was afraid someone would call the police. Then I realized something. I live in an almost all white middle class neighborhood.

Sure enough, a short time later I noticed a squad car driving back and forth in front of my house. To this day, I'm convinced someone in my neighborhood called the local PD when they noticed my boyfriend.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/nation...icle-1.2267615
Many blacks are stopped for traffic infractions or for looking suspicious or while being mistaken for someone else no actual violent crime and end up dead. By contrast this white male murderer gets. I refer to whites as a minority because soon whites wont be in the majority. This is at the heart of the right wings fear.
So no whites are ever stopped for traffic violations? I know that I have been. Ever served in a military town? I had Virginia Beach Police stop me because some other guy got in a bar fight. I was walking by and they grabbed me. I knew fellow service men who got knocked around by the cops. Usually due to them taking a swing at a cop.
The biggest difference I see between how blacks view cops shooting a black person and how whites view cops shooting anyone, meaning white, black, green, purple, is whites tend to side with the cops and believe the individual did something to deserve it. Now say what you want, but blacks don't care about whites or anyone else being shot by cops. It's only when a black person is shot that it matters. Yet Blacks seem to want whites to be as up set as black people are when it happens.

As I have said many times. I personally believe that there are far too many deaths by cops and that every single one of them should be investigated by the FBI. I also don't believe that cops investigate each other with the same energy they would a civilian.

Ill be honest. When a thug is killed, white, brown, black or yellow, I don't mourn their passing. Someone with a rap sheet 7 pages long for violent crimes gets killed. Karma caught up with them.

Someone gets killed pointing a real looking toy gun at a cop after using said toy to threaten people. They basically committed suicide by cop and Darwin gets a win. I mean how stupid is it to point a toy gun at cops who have real guns?

Old 09-24-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Don't get me wrong, I agree with everything you said in this post.

The problem arises when people take profiling to the extreme. Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm convinced there has to be a healthy compromise between no profiling at all and assuming every black man is a potential criminal.

My ex is a black guy. One time I drove him to my house and he was scared to death. I asked him what's wrong? He said he was afraid someone would call the police. Then I realized something. I live in an almost all white middle class neighborhood.

Sure enough, a short time later I noticed a squad car driving back and forth in front of my house. To this day, I'm convinced someone in my neighborhood called the local PD when they noticed my boyfriend.
So your boy friend profiled your neighborhood. He took it to the extreme and assumed that someone if not everyone in your neighborhood was racist and would call the police at the mere sight of a black man?

Did anyone call the police? Was your boy friend attacked, harassed or arrested?

Well You made my point. Everyone profiles.
Profiling to the extreme to me is stopping a car with a black driver because it is a nice car and I don't believe a black man can afford such a car.

Profiling to the extreme is assuming the pretty girl wearing a flattering dress is easy because she smiled at you when you said hello to her.

Profiling to the extreme is assuming all cops are racists.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:12 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
So your boy friend profiled your neighborhood. He took it to the extreme and assumed that someone if not everyone in your neighborhood was racist and would call the police at the mere sight of a black man?

Did anyone call the police? Was your boy friend attacked, harassed or arrested?

Well You made my point. Everyone profiles.
Profiling to the extreme to me is stopping a car with a black driver because it is a nice car and I don't believe a black man can afford such a car.

Profiling to the extreme is assuming the pretty girl wearing a flattering dress is easy because she smiled at you when you said hello to her.

Profiling to the extreme is assuming all cops are racists.
Because it's happened to him many times in the past.

I don't think you understand how fearful black people are of being profiled.

One time I took him to a family dinner. Afterward, while I was driving us home my dad called and asked me if I had seen his wallet. I turned and asked my bf if he remembered seeing it anywhere, and he was terrified. He thought everyone had assumed he stole it.

I had to calm him down and said nobody was thinking that. My dad was calling everyone because he couldn't remember where he put his wallet. Turned out it fell out of his pocket and was sitting on the couch.

Having dated two black men and through them gotten to know many more, I have learned to appreciate how black people feel constantly. I don't envy their position.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
well, i apologize if you read my post the wrong way.

the ONLY point I was making is

treat others as individuals. That is all. If you do, good for you. (never said one word about profiling)
True but the post you replied to was about how everyone profiles.
I didn't take offense to your post. I have read many of your posts and know that you didn't mean anything to be insulting.
I am aware of where the negative stereo types come from. The mail order bride business was once a big thing.
Treating people as individuals would be easy, if only everyone acted as individuals. Sadly they don't, as I said before, party loyalists, groupies. People who follow the mob mentality. Look no further than every city we have seen a riot including looting and burning. Individuals form the collective.
You have active participants and you have the passive participants who aren't directly involved but support it. The silent partners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies