Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 10:13 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,609,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So no whites are ever stopped for traffic violations? I know that I have been. Ever served in a military town? I had Virginia Beach Police stop me because some other guy got in a bar fight. I was walking by and they grabbed me. I knew fellow service men who got knocked around by the cops. Usually due to them taking a swing at a cop.
The biggest difference I see between how blacks view cops shooting a black person and how whites view cops shooting anyone, meaning white, black, green, purple, is whites tend to side with the cops and believe the individual did something to deserve it. Now say what you want, but blacks don't care about whites or anyone else being shot by cops. It's only when a black person is shot that it matters. Yet Blacks seem to want whites to be as up set as black people are when it happens.

As I have said many times. I personally believe that there are far too many deaths by cops and that every single one of them should be investigated by the FBI. I also don't believe that cops investigate each other with the same energy they would a civilian.

Ill be honest. When a thug is killed, white, brown, black or yellow, I don't mourn their passing. Someone with a rap sheet 7 pages long for violent crimes gets killed. Karma caught up with them.

Someone gets killed pointing a real looking toy gun at a cop after using said toy to threaten people. They basically committed suicide by cop and Darwin gets a win. I mean how stupid is it to point a toy gun at cops who have real guns?
Whites are arrested every day. Whites are stopped daily. But how often are they killed is the point. Your also attributing to all those who have been killed to be deserving of death and that their lives dont matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 10:13 AM

6,456 posts, read 7,024,630 times
This is just a fact...East Asians, Indians, Pakistanis and Bengalis tend to have less problems with law enforcement because their communities require less police presence because there is less crime in their neighborhoods which lead to less police encounters.

It's the law of statistical averages and outcomes.

We don't need statistical charts, or studies from Ivory tower Ivy league sociologists...just do your own assessment...

Seriously, how many of us have had to call the police because someone Asian robbed them?

How many times has anyone had to call the police because a group of young asian males were standing on the corner selling drugs, being loud, cursing and harassing people?

How many of us have had to call the police on large crowds of Asian women in the middle of the street cussing each other out, fighting over who's baby daddy is with who?

How many times have any of you had to all the police because someone Asian robbed you or burglarized your home?

How many times do teachers have to call Asian parents up to the school because their Asian sons or daughters were causing problems in the classrooms?

I know all groups are capable of these behaviors....but the results speak for themselves.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:16 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,049,101 times
^ throw up some facts with this post and watch the liberals scatter like flys

Old 09-24-2016, 10:20 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,903,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Because it's happened to him many times in the past.

I don't think you understand how fearful black people are of being profiled.

One time I took him to a family dinner. Afterward, while I was driving us home my dad called and asked me if I had seen his wallet. I turned and asked my bf if he remembered seeing it anywhere, and he was terrified. He thought everyone had assumed he stole it.

I had to calm him down and said nobody was thinking that. My dad was calling everyone because he couldn't remember where he put his wallet. Turned out it fell out of his pocket and was sitting on the couch.

Having dated two black men and through them gotten to know many more, I have learned to appreciate how black people feel constantly. I don't envy their position.
So he profiled based upon experience. Just like everyone else does.

I have lived with black people 24/7 365. Yes I have a clue.
I even had a black male live in my home with my wife and I. He was thrown out by his parents who were friends of ours in Baltimore. From the time he was 17 until he was 20 he lived with us. Yes he thought it was hickville and everyone was going to judge him. Instead he was welcomed. He profiled too. Based upon stereotypes and media as well as just wrong assumptions.

The fact is that many black neighborhoods are very dangerous places to live, travel through, or to get lost in. It isn't fiction that just about every holiday Chicago has neighborhoods blow up in violence.

These riots? Well that isn't helping the image of black people any where.
These things count as experience. People profile based upon experience.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
This is just a fact...East Asians, Indians, Pakistanis and Bengalis tend to have less problems with law enforcement because their communities require less police presence because there is less crime in their neighborhoods which lead to less police encounters. It's the law os statistical averages and outcomes.

Seriously, how many of us have had to call the police because someone Asian robbed them?

How many times has anyone had to call the police because a group of young asian males were standing on the corner selling drugs, being loud, cursing and harassing people?

How many of us have had to call the police on large crowds of Asian women in the middle of the street cussing each other out, fighting over who's baby daddy is with who?

How many times have any of you had to all the police because someone Asian robbed you or burglarized your home?

How many times do teachers have to call Asian parents up to the school because their Asian sons or daughters were causing problems in the classrooms?

I know all groups are capable of these behaviors....but the results speak for themselves.
I agree in my experience its been whites and black males who seem to be guilty of being violent, loud, disrespectful to authority. Yet, objectively who is treated worse by the authorities? Its great that Asians are less involved with negative behaviors. Yet, in my lifetime I have seen whites do everything from gang membership, domestic violence, speeding, drugs selling and using, but who in police custody or during interactions get killed ? There is a real problem out there.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:22 AM

6,456 posts, read 7,024,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
I agree in my experience its been whites and black males who seem to be guilty of being violent, loud, disrespectful to authority. Yet, objectively who is treated worse by the authorities? Its great that Asians are less involved with negative behaviors. Yet, in my lifetime I have seen whites do everything from gang membership, domestic violence, speeding, drugs selling and using, but who in police custody or during interactions get killed ? There is a real problem out there.
That's a media fabrication because most police encounters with either of the two races rarely ends up with anyone killed. Out of hundreds of thousands if not millions of encounters, less than 1% end up in death and less than half of that 1% is probably an unjustified kill. Is one police use of excessive force too many? Absolutely. But let's stop pretending that there are hit squads out there.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Go ahead.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:24 AM

6,403 posts, read 4,128,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
I'm a liberal and I don't deny these facts.

I think a large part of the problem is self fulfilling prophecy. As black youths grow up, they are treated like future criminals. Some started believing in it and act out what they were expected to become. Society sees the disproportionate crimes coming from the black communities and treat black youths as future criminals. And the cycle continues.

Added by edit.

And perhaps it's also these expectations that drive a lot of blacks to crime.

As an engineer, I have made the observation that there are very few black engineers around. Plenty of asian engineers, though.

We are a multinational engineering company employing tens of thousands of engineers and technicians. In our branch, we have 2 black engineers. We treat them like gold. It's not that we don't hire black engineers. It's that we can't find many qualified candidates.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:29 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,201,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Or any other minority for that matter? Why is it that no other minority group in the US pulls this clownish BS every time something does not go their way? Blacks can claim they are eternal victims of slavery and racism, but so have the Jews, the Chinese, and the Japanese..and they have no problem assimilating.

What groups of "black" people?

African-American, Nigerian, Jamaican, Haitian...which ones? Can't be all.

Since you can specify groups of Asians, do the same for so-called "blacks."

Old 09-24-2016, 10:31 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,903,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Whites are arrested every day. Whites are stopped daily. But how often are they killed is the point. Your also attributing to all those who have been killed to be deserving of death and that their lives dont matter.
No Not saying they deserve it or saying all. When violent criminals are killed I don't mourn. They made a choice to be thugs. To be violent criminals. Bad things happen to bad people.

How often are blacks killed for being stopped for a traffic violation?
Statistics show that whites are nearly double the number killed by cops. Whites are killed by cops too.
The perspective of whites as a whole is the criminal did something to deserve it. Oddly enough it is true. The criminal pulled a weapon, criminal attacked the cop, etc.
Then you have the occasional bad shooting. As I have said like 20 times. I want all cop shootings investigated by the FBI. Keeps it honest.
Will I ever mourn for a criminal that karma has caught up to? I save my sympathies for the criminal's victims.
I don't agree with cops shooting unarmed people, tasing needlessly, or putting a beat down on a handcuffed perf. That isn't their job and it is illegal. They should be held accountable just as any civilian would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies