Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 10:34 AM

39,922 posts, read 26,625,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Whites are arrested every day. Whites are stopped daily. But how often are they killed is the point.
If the first thing a white guy says when a cop tries to stop him is "fuddapoleece", the interaction is off to a bad start.

If a white guy has his plates run and has a rap sheet as long as his arm, especially with arrests for violent crimes, police are going to be on the defensive.

If a white guy walks away from a cop that is investigating a crime, it's off to a bad start.

If a white guy that does these things reaches into his coat pocket right after doing those things-not going to end well.

If a white guy beats a cop and tries to take his gun, probably not going to end well.

If a white guy, angry, depressed or mentally ill or on drugs pulls a gun and points it towards police-it's probably not going to end well.

Why do some blacks expect a different outcome when they do those things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 10:35 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,208,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Nothing almost every single country in Europe didn't do in one place or another.

Some even more brutally.

Slavery was outlawed in the United States in the 1800s. There were European countries still torturing, killing, and enslaving entire countries till the 1940s.
But the displacement and brutal erasure of connection to any native culture made the difference. People in those countries still have connection to their nation, culture and tradition.

At one point, 70% of the African slaves in Virginia were Igbo. Where is Igbo culture in VA? Where are the Igbo names, traditions...where? They beat them out of the people.

Do the majority of African-American weddings in VA looking like this?

http://youtu.be/Ta5qj4LLWTk

Get out of here.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 09-24-2016 at 10:47 AM..

Old 09-24-2016, 10:37 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,908,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If the first thing a white guy says when a cop tries to stop him is "fuddapoleece", the interaction is off to a bad start.

If a white guy has his plates run and has a rap sheet as long as his arm, especially with arrests for violent crimes, police are going to be on the defensive.

If a white guy walks away from a cop that is investigating a crime, it's off to a bad start.

If a white guy that does these things reaches into his coat pocket right after doing those things-not going to end well.

If a white guy beats a cop and tries to take his gun, probably not going to end well.

If a white guy, angry, depressed or mentally ill or on drugs pulls a gun and points it towards police-it's probably not going to end well.

Why do some blacks expect a different outcome when they do those things?
I can't argue with a thing you have said. It's almost like some of these guys took a page out of the cop watch out play book and are testing the cops.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:00 AM

39,343 posts, read 27,747,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
True but the post you replied to was about how everyone profiles.
I didn't take offense to your post. I have read many of your posts and know that you didn't mean anything to be insulting.
I am aware of where the negative stereo types come from. The mail order bride business was once a big thing.
Treating people as individuals would be easy, if only everyone acted as individuals. Sadly they don't, as I said before, party loyalists, groupies. People who follow the mob mentality. Look no further than every city we have seen a riot including looting and burning. Individuals form the collective.
You have active participants and you have the passive participants who aren't directly involved but support it. The silent partners.
Thank you. I went back and read my posts again and I should have chosen my words more carefully. I didn't mean to be offensive, and I am grateful and glad that you chose to be the bigger person. Thank you and you have my respect.

I agree that everybody profiles, and sometimes profiling is absolutely necessary. I don't have a solution, I wish I do. and great post, I agree with everything you say here.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 09-24-2016 at 11:16 AM..

Old 09-24-2016, 11:23 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,606,799 times
We flat out shouldn't have cops period.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:34 AM

39,343 posts, read 27,747,832 times
I read it on the internet somewhere that there are over 18,000 very diverse law enforcement agencies in the United States. So I guess it is ingenuous to attach political or social characteristics to the "institution" of policing.

There are, and there will always be "racist cops", but they are a small minority.

We can debate all day long, if we even need police, we can also debate all day long that police officers need better training. But since we have the system we have right now, and police officers DO respond and defend themselves against threats to their safety. how about this?

if people of all races didn't resist arrest or otherwise challenge the police in the field, try and flee from custody, assault cops, or commit violent crimes, police shootings would shrink by more than 90%

Old 09-24-2016, 11:49 AM

24,413 posts, read 27,098,220 times
Because the only minorities that matter are those who the media can spin as victims of White privledge. Asians tend to make more than Whites in America, so it goes against their message of White priveledge holding down minorities. Asian Americans prove that if you work and study hard, you can make it in America.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:57 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,908,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Thank you. I went back and read my posts again and I should have chosen my words more carefully. I didn't mean to be offensive, and I am grateful and glad that you chose to be the bigger person. Thank you and you have my respect.

I agree that everybody profiles, and sometimes profiling is absolutely necessary. I don't have a solution, I wish I do. and great post, I agree with everything you say here.
Lily, I never thought for a moment that you meant to be offensive. Your past posts speak volumes about the kind of person you are.... We don't always agree, but can always be respectful in our responses.
Like you I don't have an answer. What I do know is these riots only serve to enflame the issue and to re-enforce the negative stereotypes.
When I see old ex-pats with young prostitutes my skin crawls, because I know they are making me look bad. Those guys re-enforce a very negative stereotype about middle-aged whites, regardless of nation of origin.

As I said we all profile. Some deny that they do, but they do. I drive past a shoddy trailer park and I don't assume only the best of whites are living there. Especially since in my area 75% of police calls are to respond to crimes in the trailer park.

A big difference I see in the response of people to police action, justified or not justified action, is that whites generally accept that the perp the police are after, shoot, or rough up, did something to escalate the action. The fact is that, that is normally the case. I saw with fellow servicemen lipping off to cops or resisting.

Do cops profile? Yes. Because of experiences, the area they are working, or information they received when ordered to the scene. Some cops are bad cops. They shouldn't be wearing the uniform or carrying a gun. My beef is more with small town cops. They tend to be poorly trained, poorly paid, friends or family of public officials. Those cops seem to get away with a great deal of abuses.

In todays environment you have to be crazy to want to be a cop. Even more crazy to be a cop in a big city. Everyone hates the police until they need a cop. Even then as often as not the police are criticized for everything from slow response time to how they conducted themselves. If only we held our elected reps to even half that standard...

Old 09-24-2016, 12:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,946,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Im very mixed as well. I am Puerto Rican via adoption. But my birth parents are Nigerian/English and Irish/Swedish. Im a pretty light skinned blue eyed, fair haired guy. I dated woman from India, Pakistan, China, and Vietnam. They adored me for being polite, generous, respectful, tender. Yet, my Black ancestry I believe sealed the deal that I would never really be welcomed at their homes. When they met me they didnt think I was black.
Do you even "look" Black?

My x fiance; she was a pasty white skin blond haired and blue eyed lady; and she has def "Black girl" facial features but, it never seemed to stop her in life.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:10 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,946,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, all my families in Germany are 100% white. Trust me, korean, japanese, chinese, laos, vietnamese, buma, whatever, they are all asians to them.

Matter of fact, Germans vs foreigners. Two categories. They sure keep it simple and they are the most loving people. Most people in real life don't think about "race" that much
Word is many Vietnamese people in Germany DO become "German" like as in getting their citizenship and, their kids born there def are in culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies