Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2019, 02:45 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times

Advertisements

So, now she is off to Brussels for the next two days at the Brussels summit, with the other 27 EU heads of state. Then next week, if they are even allowed to vote, they will have a chance to approve a deal that has already lost twice, once by over 200 votes and the other time by over 150. If that fails again, as seems likely, then by everything else we are hearing the UK will be leaving the EU in nine days, without a deal.

Or, maybe they come up with a surprise late next week.

Old 03-20-2019, 02:55 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,432,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So, now she is off to Brussels for the next two days at the Brussels summit, with the other 27 EU heads of state. Then next week, if they are even allowed to vote, they will have a chance to approve a deal that has already lost twice, once by over 200 votes and the other time by over 150. If that fails again, as seems likely, then by everything else we are hearing the UK will be leaving the EU in nine days, without a deal.

Or, maybe they come up with a surprise late next week.
I've just seen a Tory MP parroting the same old guff about wanting a second referendum, or even revoking article 50. Theresa said she knows the public is sick of this, and she's right.

Macron in France is posturing about wanting to see some real movement from the British before he will agree an extension of article 50.

Theresa seems like an angry Grandma annoyed at the naughty boys in Parliament. Boy, this is just a total farce now. Gawd knows when it is going to end.

Old 03-20-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I've just seen a Tory MP parroting the same old guff about wanting a second referendum, or even revoking article 50. Theresa said she knows the public is sick of this, and she's right.

Macron in France is posturing about wanting to see some real movement from the British before he will agree an extension of article 50.

Theresa seems like an angry Grandma annoyed at the naughty boys in Parliament. Boy, this is just a total farce now. Gawd knows when it is going to end.
With any luck, a week from this coming Friday.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:09 PM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,187 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:

Bit disappointed, as when the news stated that the PM was going to address the nation, I at the very least expected us to declare war on France.

Hopefully we can now just get on with leaving whether it be on March 29th or in June.

Corbyn stormed out of the Brexit meeting at Number 10 like a petulant child because Chuka Umunna, one of the rebels who left the Labopur Party was at the meeting. It seems Mr Corbyn can't even deal with his feelings being hurt by Chuka Umunna never mind what he deemed a national emergency.

As for the Conservative MP that was Dominic Grieve, a loathsome creature, who represent South Buckinghamshire and has one os the safest Conservative seats in the country.

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-20-2019 at 03:18 PM..

Old 03-20-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Bit disappointed, as when the news stated that the PM was going to address the nation, I at the very least expected us to declare war on France.

Hopefully we can now just get on with leaving whether it be on March 29th or in June.

Corbyn stormed out of the Brexit meeting at Number 10 like a petulant child because Chuka Umunna, one of the rebels who left the Labopur Party was at the meeting. It seems Mr Corbyn can't even deal with his feelings being hurt by Chuka Umunna never mind what he deemed a national emergency.

As for the Conservative MP that was Dominic Grieve, a loathsome creature, who represent South Buckinghamshire and has one os the safest Conservative seats in the country.
Jeremy Corbyn is just a sick joke. Leader in waiting........ give me a break. If this creature ends up as PM, all this with the EU and Brexit will seem like a golden period in British politics. We need a real leader to step up to the plate when we need them, and look at what we've got. Just a load of useless tossers.

The fallout from this mess must make them all fearful of facing the voters. But eventually, a General Election will come, and we can get rid of a shed load of these hopeless, pathetic scumbags once and for all. A lot of political careers are coming to an end when this is over. Hopefully, Corbyn's will be one of them. Surely now, the Labour party will do whatever has to be done to get rid of this petulant man.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:04 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn is just a sick joke. Leader in waiting........ give me a break. If this creature ends up as PM, all this with the EU and Brexit will seem like a golden period in British politics. We need a real leader to step up to the plate when we need them, and look at what we've got. Just a load of useless tossers.

The fallout from this mess must make them all fearful of facing the voters. But eventually, a General Election will come, and we can get rid of a shed load of these hopeless, pathetic scumbags once and for all. A lot of political careers are coming to an end when this is over. Hopefully, Corbyn's will be one of them. Surely now, the Labour party will do whatever has to be done to get rid of this petulant man.
Labour really needs to get rid of him. It would increase the appeal of the party if he wasn't leader.

Same thing on this side where I refuse to even consider voting Republican until Trump is gone.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:22 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
I was surprised to see that Ed Miliband is still a MP. He was going on about something, but I didn't hear a thing he said as I was trying to remember why I recognized him. Then it came to me.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I was surprised to see that Ed Miliband is still a MP. He was going on about something, but I didn't hear a thing he said as I was trying to remember why I recognized him. Then it came to me.
I didn't know he was still an MP..........wow. I assumed he'd left British politics like his brother did.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I didn't know he was still an MP..........wow. I assumed he'd left British politics like his brother did.
Yep. He tore into Theresa May during PMQ's today.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Yep. He tore into Theresa May during PMQ's today.
It's a shame he beat his brother David for the leadership of the Labour Party. David was much more electable, and maybe he could have beaten David Cameron, and then there would have never been a Brexit vote at all.

Little events can make big ripples down the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies