Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 12:00 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Are you saying he didn't pay taxes owed (Tax evasion) or that he only paid the taxes he legally owed (Tax avoidance)? Why would anyone pay more tax than they were required to?
Neither. I made a thread about paying taxes is patriotic.

And the fact that you immediately think I am attacking Trump is telling. All I had to do is mention skeletons and you immediately think of Trump's closet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post

Can we talk about Hillary and her taxes? She "donated" 1,000,000 dollars to charity. Can you guess which charity she donated to? The Red Cross? The Humane Society? Doctors without borders? American Cancer society?

Nope. It went to The Clinton Foundation.
The Clinton Foundation fights diseases like malaria and AIDS in third world country.

Quote:

The Clinton and Gates Foundations: Global Health Superpowers

The Clinton Foundation has focused its global health energies on reordering the marketplace for generic antiretroviral drugs (ARVs) for treating HIV in developing countries. The Clinton Foundation's approach has been to reorient the market toward a "grocery-store model" -- low margins, high volume and certain payment. The foundation would negotiate lower prices for a consortium of states, which would then place orders with the manufacturers.

This market-based approach has shown success. Since 2003, it has achieved price reductions for more than 40 different ARV formulations from eight different suppliers. The cost decreases have allowed more than 2 million people in developing countries to receive treatment. An independent evaluation published in 2009 in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization found that the Clinton
Foundation's approach led to statistically significant price reductions for 9 of 13 antiretroviral drugs, reducing prices between 6 percent to 36 percent and increasing access better than other programs. With its efforts on ARVs, the Clinton Foundation's efforts have changed the supply side of the equation, altering the market incentives to encourage companies to provide goods in areas that they would otherwise consider unprofitable.

Quote:

Clinton Foundation, Tanzania Partner to Improve Malaria Treatment | News | PND

The William J. Clinton Foundation has announced a pilot program to substantially increase the availability of the most effective malaria medicines through commonly used drug shops in two rural areas of Tanzania.

In partnership with the government of Tanzania and Population Services International, and supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Clinton Foundation HIV/AIDS Initiative (CHAI) will implement several interrelated strategies for increasing access to and appropriate use of ACTs by the roughly 450,000 people that seek malaria treatment from private shops in the pilot areas each year.

Quote:

Progress of the partnership between UNITAID and the Clinton Foundation after 12 Months

Twelve months after announcing their partnership, UNITAID and the Clinton Foundation HIV/AIDS Initiative (CHAI) have ordered and delivered products to 38 countries and have brokered average price reductions of 40% on 25 formulations of HIV/AIDS medicines.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 12:04 PM

16,547 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That is a very astute observation.

When Republican presidents/candidates cut taxes for corporations and the rich, they are essentially using tax dollar money to buy votes (and to get campaign money)

You are right, sir.
You must be stuck in the 1970's-80's.

Most of the big donors to the Democrats are the whos who of mega corporations. If you don't think they are donating for a future payback, you are nuts. Hillary is beholden to Wall Street just like Bernie and his supporters said.
Trump while a flawed candidate at least is not, and will shake up the system in ways a traditional candidate (R or D) will not.
That alone is reason enough to vote for him, even if you hold your nose while doing so.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:07 PM

16,547 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Neither. I made a thread about paying taxes is patriotic.

And the fact that you immediately think I am attacking Trump is telling. All I had to do is mention skeletons and you immediately think of Trump's closet.

Who are you trying to kid, as that poster has you pegged.
Your OP even mentions Trump, and your other comments in this thread are "telling" about which side of the fence you are on.
So pretend you are a neutral independent all you want, but few are, and you are certainly not one of them.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:11 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Someone asked me in another thread about which leftist values I consider immoral. The idea that paying taxes is patriotic is near the top of that list.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:11 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
A friendly reminder from our old friend... Donald.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcSnp9-37Tg

Be a good patriotic Donald.

Don't be a bad unpatriotic traitorous Donald.

Are you saying that he need to pay taxes that he's not even legally obligated to?

Old 09-28-2016, 12:17 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama gave me an $8,000 tax credit in 2009 for buying my first home. I made a PROFIT off of my Federal Income taxes that year.

Something that is missed, is that with nearly half of all Americans not paying Federal Income taxes much of those also make a profit off federal income taxes.
The tax code created the situation where 47% do not pay any Federal taxes.The Earned Income Tax Credit
(EITC) and Child Tax Credit (CTC) reward people for having more children than they could perhaps otherwise afford.

The EITC was a part of the 1975 Tax Reduction Act and was intended to be temporary to offset rising energy and food costs for the working poor. The Reagan Administration substantially expanded it and made it permanent as a part of the 1986 Tax Reform Act. At the time, Reagan said:

" the best anti-poverty, pro-family and best job creation mechanism to come out of Congress"

Old 09-28-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You must be stuck in the 1970's-80's.

Most of the big donors to the Democrats are the whos who of mega corporations. If you don't think they are donating for a future payback, you are nuts. Hillary is beholden to Wall Street just like Bernie and his supporters said.
Trump while a flawed candidate at least is not, and will shake up the system in ways a traditional candidate (R or D) will not.
That alone is reason enough to vote for him, even if you hold your nose while doing so.

Are you seriously this naive???!! You think the Republican party would cut itself off from the gravy train???? Then how do you explain Trump giving yuge tax cuts to corporations and the rich???

Trump's donors include hedge funds, Wall Street tycoons, bankers, and advertising business. Heck, Trump made his biggest donor, Andy Beal (a banker and Wall Street guy), his economic adviser!!!! So not only do big donors get favor from Trump, they literally get to advise him on what to do!!

You want the candidate who is essentially borrowing the same economic policy from Jeb and George W to "shake up" the system???? How silly and naive.

The only person who can shake up the system is Hillary.

Donald Trump’s tax plan now favors the ultra-rich even more - Washington Post.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ich-even-more/

Old 09-28-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Who are you trying to kid, as that poster has you pegged.
Your OP even mentions Trump, and your other comments in this thread are "telling" about which side of the fence you are on.
So pretend you are a neutral independent all you want, but few are, and you are certainly not one of them.
My original post certainly did not mention Trump in any way, shape or form. You need to go and read my OP again if you are still under this wrong impression.

I certainly never pretended to be neutral/independent nor do I care to.

In just a few short sentences, you've already misunderstood, misinterpreted, and generally got everything wrong.... and my OP was not meant to be complicated to comprehend.

Do you ever think that maybe those same flaws also apply to your political understanding?

Old 09-28-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Someone asked me in another thread about which leftist values I consider immoral. The idea that paying taxes is patriotic is near the top of that list.

That's because people who thinks that are not patriotic.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Are you saying that he need to pay taxes that he's not even legally obligated to?

Who's he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies