Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2016, 04:52 PM

406 posts, read 288,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hmm here we go again. Black race bait cannot connect the dots. The more black crime, the more opportunity for misidentification. The guy in Minnesota was exposed to policing because of another black committing an armed robbery. But hey its just a black think now .
Ding. Checking in.

There are countless studies and investigations that show racial bias in policing. You being ignorant of reality doesn't make it not true. (oh how i miss the special class of posters prevalent in this section of the forum).

Quote:
There is no relationship between county-level racial bias in police shootings and crime rates (even race-specific crime rates), meaning that the racial bias observed in police shootings in this data set is not explainable as a response to local-level crime rates
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26540108

Quote:
Even though this is a conservative estimate of bias, the analyses of 12 law enforcement departments from geographically and demographically diverse locations revealed that racial disparities in police use of force persist even when controlling for racial distribution of local arrest rates.
https://gspp.berkeley.edu/research/f...e-use-of-force

Quote:
“The only thing that was significant in predicting whether someone shot and killed by police was unarmed was whether or not they were black,” said Justin Nix, a criminal justice researcher at the University of Louisville and one of the report’s authors. “Crime variables did not matter in terms of predicting whether the person killed was unarmed.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...1a3_story.html

Old 10-03-2016, 04:54 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

?..are you kidding me?
Everything we do is descalation if possible..verbal judo..we value all life... And we are all colors...and color doesn't matter
Character... And actions are all that matter...
I'm not sure what state certified you..but I would be interested since policing today in the US has most states in sync with each other and if you go to a state certified academy to be a peace officer you get a boatload of descalating situations and a mandate to treat all people's equally..and that personal bias will not be tolerated..
You are very wrong...but please tell me about your vast experiences as a police officer working custody and how "we" feel. How we don't go through constant training on how to provide better service to the communities we serve. How "we" don't interact with the good folks... Not sure where you work...but we see good people everyday..it's called service ... I guess you've never walked a foot beat and got to interact with the people who make our communities

We work for the community..and the ninety percent of people who live in that community that are good decent people. There are ten percent that need to be separated from the rest of us...many permanently

In this instance we have a use of force that is the issue...what racial bias ?... None..zip..Nada..except an issue by those whose life prism and agenda is all about color

Are you doing standup comedy now? This certainly doesn't jibe with all the excuses you make when cops shoot black males for no reason and there's video proof of it. In those threads you trip over yourself talking about not having all the facts, and people think it's so easy to do your job, and blah blah blah.

You've already shown everyone here who you are at your core. Nobody is buying what you're peddling.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:02 PM

870 posts, read 1,569,687 times
From my understanding is that the call was made because the suspect was using a shovel apparently trying to pry open the garage door which prompted the call to police. Also the guy did have warrants, but the situation could have been handled better if the suspect didn't argue which prompted the officer to lose his temper. But the officer is the professional and should have kept his cool.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:49 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallydude02 View Post
From my understanding is that the call was made because the suspect was using a shovel apparently trying to pry open the garage door which prompted the call to police. Also the guy did have warrants, but the situation could have been handled better if the suspect didn't argue which prompted the officer to lose his temper. But the officer is the professional and should have kept his cool.
Another one chiming in who did not see the video.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:12 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Are you doing standup comedy now? This certainly doesn't jibe with all the excuses you make when cops shoot black males for no reason and there's video proof of it. In those threads you trip over yourself talking about not having all the facts, and people think it's so easy to do your job, and blah blah blah.

You've already shown everyone here who you are at your core. Nobody is buying what you're peddling.
Thank you for your assessment of what everyone else thinks...I'm glad you feel empowered you are somehow not alone.i will let you enjoy that fantasy

Ten percenter?

I would like to hear instead of all the whining what each person is doing to improve their community personally...
How about you?...care to share..since you speak for everyone
..you want to keep it racial keep it racial..except there's no evidence on anything racial in this incident...are you stuck on it? I mean... There is a part of Illinois that is significantly below the national average for black population...just where does your bias come from? It certainly cannot be from personal knowledge...correct?

Really..when you boil this incident down to the components all you really have is a use of force.. appropriate or inappropriate...

Everything else is false narrative or agenda bias

Which one is it?

"All the black males" shot for no reason...

Just how many is that... Because all the black males were shot for some reason... And as far as I know there has only been one conviction for murder by a police officer in the last two years...where there was no legal justification whatsoever...

But I'm sure you'll scout the internet to prove me wrong..have fun

Again
Plenty of PC to detain this man
He was not compliant
Police don't have to conduct the investigation the way you want after the fact .... Sitting behind a computer screen..

Lets follow this case and see what happens...

I may be talking to a juvenile..who knows..it's the internet

Last edited by notmeofficer; 10-03-2016 at 06:21 PM..

Old 10-03-2016, 06:23 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post
Ding. Checking in.

There are countless studies and investigations that show racial bias in policing. You being ignorant of reality doesn't make it not true. (oh how i miss the special class of posters prevalent in this section of the forum).

Oh you are going to love just me then.

Awe really. That might be because of the vastly disproportional crime rate. You have to be a robot not to have some bias. Even if every one of those was a bad shoot it would be a tenth of the black on everyone else homicide rate, not including vicious rapes and battery.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 10-03-2016 at 06:39 PM..

Old 10-03-2016, 06:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Thank you for your assessment of what everyone else thinks...I'm glad you feel empowered you are somehow not alone.i will let you enjoy that fantasy

Ten percenter?

I would like to hear instead of all the whining what each person is doing to improve their community personally...
How about you?...care to share..since you speak for everyone
..you want to keep it racial keep it racial..except there's no evidence on anything racial in this incident...are you stuck on it?

Really..when you boil this incident down to the components all you really have is a use of force.. appropriate or inappropriate...

Everything else is false narrative or agenda bias

Which one is it?

"All the black males" shot for no reason...

Just how many is that... Because all the black males were shot for some reason... And as far as I know there has only been one conviction for murder by a police officer in the last two years...where there was no legal justification whatsoever...

But I'm sure you'll scout the internet to prove me wrong..have fun

Again
He was not compliant
Police don't have to conduct the investigation the way you want after the fact .... Sitting behind a computer screen..

Lets follow this case and see what happens...

I may be talking to a juvenile..who knows..it's the internet
I've never stated all black males were shot for no reason.

Let's see -

The cop who shot the guy slowly running from him in the back and then planting the taser next to him, making up a damn lie about what happened. VIDEO PROOF

The university cop who stopped a guy who refused to get out of the car, slowly pulled away, and was shot in the head. He lied and said the driver tried to run him over. VIDEO PROOF

Laquan McDonald - a young man who was walking down the middle of the street in Chicago, started walking AWAY from the cops and they put something like 17 bullets in him, later lying and saying he went after them with a knife. VIDEO PROOF

That's without me even giving it any thought at all.

You guys all protect one another. It's sickening, the culture you've created and defend.

By the way, sport, there's nothing wrong with my community, but I sure as hell will not sit in silence when people like you are denying and defending what's going on in the real world.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:27 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
He was not compliant
Yes, he was. Get in line behind the others who need to zip it & watch the video.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallydude02 View Post
Lol...yeah, care to quote where it said he had warrants? Again, in every thread like this, some thing it's wise to just make crap up.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:24 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This certainly doesn't jibe with all the excuses you make when cops shoot black males for no reason and there's video proof of it.
I know you were speaking to another poster, but why do you continue to inject race into this discussion when there is not a hint of race playing a part in this incident?
It would seem that all it takes for some people to assume a racial component is for the officer to be white and the suspect black.

Last edited by Vector1; 10-03-2016 at 07:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies