Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 08:34 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,952,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Wow, you changed your post. If some of these girls gain weight they shouldn't be fat shamed because of it.
I didn't change anything. You on the other hand seem to want to shame people who join beauty pageants, along with those who watch them. It was the company she was working for who brought up under contract the woman gained weight. Trump has the job of letting these girls know why they will be let go if they don't follow the contract that they should have read before signing.

The worst part is, these girls were willing to step up and lie just to support Hillary......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 08:38 AM

524 posts, read 400,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I didn't change anything. You on the other hand seem to want to shame people who join beauty pageants, along with those who watch them. It was the company she was working for who brought up under contract the woman gained weight. Trump has the job of letting these girls know why they will be let go if they don't follow the contract that they should have read before signing.

The worst part is, these girls were willing to step up and lie just to support Hillary......
Are you sure that they weren't willing to step up and lie just to get some money? I'm sure they aren't doing it because of their love of democratic principles.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:39 AM

23,581 posts, read 17,258,837 times
Hillary has come to Trump's aid...HRC said, 'What does it matter now?'... if 4 guys were killed under my watch or trump said a beauty pagent contestant is fat? Don't beauty contests of the day emphasize figure and weight. Trumps comments taken out of context were appropriate, Hillary's comments were not appropriate.

Last edited by Kracer; 10-02-2016 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: ed

Old 10-02-2016, 08:43 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,643,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Hillary has come to Trump's aid...HRC said, 'What does it matter now?'
To be fair, HRC thought they were talking about Bill checking out beauty pageants when she defended him.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:44 AM

524 posts, read 400,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
To be fair, HRC thought they were talking about Bill checking out beauty pageants when she defended him.
Ooh, burn!!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2016, 09:16 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,388,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
There is a total disconnect here. The OP, CNN, and even Democratic Party strategists seem to think "fat shaming" is an issue of serious concern to many. It isn't.
"ODIE SEAL: Yes, that's true. Yeah, it was, like I said, many, many moons ago it happened, but the memories are really, really raw, really quite fresh, and everything that's going on today brings it all back. He told me to stick my gut in, quite often he'd be walking through where we were kind of eating or where we were performing, and just kind of casting his eyes over the ones that were a little bit plumper and kind of favoring the girls that were a little less. So, very much he enforced exercise in his hot little tent in Las Vegas. We all had leg weights on. We were meant to be representing our countries as the most beautiful women in the world, and we were made to feel like fat, just quite worthless all of the time, so it was quite disappointing."

Funny, I didn't see one word where he told her she was "fat"

"We were meant to be representing our countries as the most beautiful women in the world,"

How many who tried out for these contests made it BECAUSE the were "fat"?

No one said all beauty contestants are smart!

Old 10-02-2016, 09:19 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,193,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump also called her Miss Housekeeping.

Even a loyal Trump follower can't defend the Miss Housekeeping comment.
No one heard the comment , no one. Made up because this woman has no credibility with her character and connections. Of course Hillary downs women who stay home and keep house and bake cookies for their kids .. Hillary is the put down women candidate. Her elitist attitude what a snob.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:20 AM

10,835 posts, read 14,947,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump also called her Miss Housekeeping.

Even a loyal Trump follower can't defend the Miss Housekeeping comment.
Yeah, that sure is a lot worse than Hillary referring to Sanders supporters as losers who life in mom's basement.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:22 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,952,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"ODIE SEAL: Yes, that's true. Yeah, it was, like I said, many, many moons ago it happened, but the memories are really, really raw, really quite fresh, and everything that's going on today brings it all back. He told me to stick my gut in, quite often he'd be walking through where we were kind of eating or where we were performing, and just kind of casting his eyes over the ones that were a little bit plumper and kind of favoring the girls that were a little less. So, very much he enforced exercise in his hot little tent in Las Vegas. We all had leg weights on. We were meant to be representing our countries as the most beautiful women in the world, and we were made to feel like fat, just quite worthless all of the time, so it was quite disappointing."

Funny, I didn't see one word where he told her she was "fat"

"We were meant to be representing our countries as the most beautiful women in the world,"

How many who tried out for these contests made it BECAUSE the were "fat"?

No one said all beauty contestants are smart!
No, but some seem to think they should be able to gain 60 lbs.......I think they forget this is not about raising cattle .

Old 10-02-2016, 09:22 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,388,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why is that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not everyone likes skinny women so why is pushed on people.
" why is pushed on people"

Who was"'pushed'?

They are ALL over 18 AND CHOSE to enter.

They probably have been participating in these things for years and should KNOW the game by now.

If not, well they aren't too smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies