Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 01:23 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
No, but some seem to think they should be able to gain 60 lbs.......I think they forget this is not about raising cattle .
The 60 lb weight gain is another exaggeration by Trump. Miss Universe Alicia Machado said she gained 15-20 lbs. She was originally around 118 lbs. Look at her in the old videos where Trump is standing next to her and she is in tight fitness gear and doing exercises. You can clearly she that she isn't 178 pounds. She was in very good shape even at her largest size during her Miss Universe reign. She is listed as 5"7' height. If she was 178 lbs she would have looked a lot different. She was actually is very good shape at the time she was fat shamed and sent to the gym with reporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 01:37 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The 60 lb weight gain is another exaggeration by Trump. Miss Universe Alicia Machado said she gained 15-20 lbs. She was originally around 118 lbs. Look at her in the old videos where Trump is standing next to her and she is in tight fitness gear and doing exercises. You can clearly she that she isn't 178 pounds. She was in very good shape even at her largest size during her Miss Universe reign. She is listed as 5"7' height. If she was 178 lbs she would have looked a lot different. She was actually is very good shape at the time she was fat shamed and sent to the gym with reporters.
Even a 20lb weight is EXTREME when talking about people that are supposed to be at the pinnacle of human form. For a 118lb woman, 20lbs is close to a 20% gain in weight. What if a 200lb basketball player comes into camp with 30-40 extra pounds of fat? No big deal? HELL NO!!!

Old 10-05-2016, 03:29 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
What if woman employees of his companies come forward next ?
I'm not a Trump supporter but this witch hunt for votes is hilarious considering that in 2008 it was Hillary supporters that were racist.

When your employees job is to "look good" it's not fat shaming.
It's an idiotic argument just meant to try to generate votes by portraying Trump as *bad*.

You do realize that they sit around in meeting rooms actually looking for narratives to try to drive wedges with? (Both parties)

I've hope I made my point to all of the Hillary supporters that were called racist back in 2008 (Bill was too fyi)

Old 10-05-2016, 03:32 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
LOL...she wasn't fat shamed. She was PAID TO BE A BEAUTY QUEEN and had put on 20lbs.

I guess if Brad Pitt had showed up to film Thelma and LOuise with a beer belly instead of a 6-pack we'd be yelling at the director for "fat shaming" him too? What silliness.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:49 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
LOL...she wasn't fat shamed. She was PAID TO BE A BEAUTY QUEEN and had put on 20lbs.

I guess if Brad Pitt had showed up to film Thelma and LOuise with a beer belly instead of a 6-pack we'd be yelling at the director for "fat shaming" him too? What silliness.
You know what? I agree with you. I think it's stupid to focus on Trump's alleged comments to beauty contestants (though I don't doubt he made them). The truth is, he makes PLENTY of other comments about women that range from ridiculous to hateful. His behavior since this circus began has been contemptible. He opens his mouth, and venom spews forth. This beauty queen "controversy" is NOTHING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies