Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2016, 05:52 PM

22,689 posts, read 24,710,650 times

Advertisements

You are not allowed to be mean to Girlies......women are deified in today's Murrrca.

NEVER HIT A WOMAN..............see how lowly men are!!! If a woman is trying to severely injure a man....doesn't matter, she is of a higher-status than a lowly man, don't even think of hitting her, even if it means getting maimed or killed. Pure propaganda and brainwashing.....and the sad thing is most males, including most male-cops, buy into this h****$**t, hook, line and sinker.

A hugely-obese mother, who is feeding her already obese kids pure crap........she is still a great mom, never talk meany-mean about her!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 05:53 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,859,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
You are not allowed to be mean to Girlies......women are deified in today's Murrrca.

NEVER HIT A WOMAN..............see how lowly men are!!! If a woman is trying to severely injure a man....doesn't matter, she is of a higher-status than a lowly man, don't even think of hitting her, even if it means getting maimed or killed. Pure propaganda and brainwashing.....and the sad thing is most males, including most male-cops, buy into this h****$**t, hook, line and sinker.

A hugely-obese mother, who is feeding her already obese kids pure crap........she is still a great mom, never talk meany-mean about her!!!!
What did I just read

Old 10-09-2016, 05:55 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,157,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
What did I just read
You just read an example of the stupidity that permeates the P&OC forum.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:55 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,434,906 times
Quote:
Has a man ever made the first move on me and I was receptive to it?

Yes, therefore I consented. When I don't want it, I tell him to leave or lie about having a boyfriend because if I flat out reject him he'll harass me even more. Men aren't good at rejection.

But I usually make the first move, after a few drinks of liquid confidence
Now we are getting somewhere.

You admit in sexual/romantic situations consent is implied in the response (if not outright told "no").

No waiver was signed. It wasn't consent as we define consent in all other situations (May I borrow your car? Not just taking it and then asking as I pull away).

Old 10-09-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

I too have no clue what you are talking about.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Now we are getting somewhere.

You admit in sexual/romantic situations consent is implied in the response (if not outright told "no").

No waiver was signed. It wasn't consent as we define consent in all other situations (May I borrow your car? Not just taking it and then asking as I pull away).
Yes it is. Donald Trump said he tried to put moves on a married woman. She turned him down, meaning any future physical act is sexual assault and any future conversational act is sexual harassment. He continued to talk about it, meaning sexual harassment.

DT says he can do anything to women just because he is famous. He says that around beautiful women he just lunges in and kisses them because "he can't wait." This is from the transcript. That is sexual assault since he couldn't make some other move to assure that she consented.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
You just read an example of the stupidity that permeates the P&OC forum.
Lol I've been here for a minute but some times... never underestimate stupidity haha.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:04 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,775,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes, this whole thing is exactly like Nazi Germany.

Seriously, some of you are down right hysterical about this stuff. You take it all way to seriously. Take a Midol and have some chocolate.

That was an irrational response to a discussion about the wussification and de-balling of men.
Should the discussion end, because you say so?
It is funny when a MOD trolls the forum.

Try telling why it is not like the Brown Shirts, in a rational discussion, because the similarities are stunning.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:05 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,790,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I think it's an interesting topic. Did anyone follow the Ariel Winter Instagram debacle this week?

She's a young adult actress on a comedy show called "Modern Family." She posted professionally done photographs of herself on Instagram. They're frankly sexy and quite sexualized. But of course she and an army became offended when men said they were sexy and she looked good. It's like putting a slice of bacon on a dog's nose and getting angry when his mouth starts to water.

It's hard to understand how you can publicly post a studio photo of yourself wearing a revealing leather bodice and take umbrage at people mentioning how you look sexy. But it turned into "men shouldn't make comments that objectify women" and "if you defend a person's right to comment about these or you mention she wouldn't have posted them if she wasn't inviting comments you're a victim-shaming misogynistic ****."

Comments about someone posting sexy photos being sexy are "rape culture" now. A woman should be able to publicly post revealing sexy professional photos without a man saying anything. The story about how all men are awful if they find a sexy woman trying to be sexy sexy took off like wildfire. It's this that makes some people wonder what they're allowed to say think or feel and other people reject the whole thing...
Yeah, what is that all about? What do these women actually want? Actresses and pop stars may need to post this stuff to further their careers, but lots of ordinary young women also do it. I assume that at least part of the motivation is to prove their desirability, thereby increasing their status with both men and women. But not just any men. Ideally, these girls hope to get the attention of a few high status Prince Charmings, but not have to deal with the great mass of creepy (ordinary) men at all. This condemnation of men who admire the pics may be a way of shaming the non-alphas into silence so they don't get in the way of the fantasy girls are trying to create by posting highly idealized sexy images of themselves online.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Yes it is. Donald Trump said he tried to put moves on a married woman. She turned him down, meaning any future physical act is sexual assault and any future conversational act is sexual harassment. He continued to talk about it, meaning sexual harassment.

DT says he can do anything to women just because he is famous. He says that around beautiful women he just lunges in and kisses them because "he can't wait." This is from the transcript. That is sexual assault since he couldn't make some other move to assure that she consented.
Marriage is of no concern to me. None of us are privy to the arrangements of others.

I'm pleased you've agreed initial talk/contact does not constitute harassment or assault. That's nearly my entire battle on this front. It is unclear "how" he was rejected but a second advance by talk or contact (if still not interested) should be met with a clear and concise "no" and asking that any future encounters remain civil/platonic.

Is it ideal? No. But it's full proof in the minds of anyone reasonable. Some guys are bad at taking hints so complete disclosure is the way to go.

Now to your second part...

Unfortunately I'm still in total disagreement. The "degree" of a first move is up for interpretation. A man may like to wait ten dates and then try to hold your hand. A man may ask for sex after five minutes.

Your job is to clearly express consent or not no matter the time/method/etc.

This is something I argued about with others when this first broke. Even Trump doesn't know what consent is (figures considering he's an idiot). His motives for his "level" of move are not important. Just like the receiver's motive for saying "no" is not important. No means NO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies