Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2016, 06:47 AM

304 posts, read 160,420 times

Advertisements

Now I am NOT talking about bribery but hear me out on this...

NOTHING brings in GOP donor money better than anti-Obama or anti-Clinton Sentiment. Lets face it on January 20th after whomever is inaugurated Obama will get his courtesy flight on Marine one to Andrews Air Force base to his last courtesy flight on Air Force One back home just like every last president before him (well since the aviation age) And then that's it. Sure the GOP can complain about his policies for a few more years maybe till the midterms but Obama will never be president again (he can't) and odds are strong he won't run for senate governor etc (legally he can but why would he) the dream of him on the Supreme Court is just that a dream, its not gonna happen. And Michelle seems like she is going the way of other first ladies not named Clinton, she'll right a book, do some speeches and enjoy life. Don't forgot she was practically being handed the nomination for the Illinois Senate seat this year and she said no, so soon enough anti-Obama sentiment won't fill the coffers.

Now onto Clinton. If Clinton loses (at nearly 70) she's finished...common sense I know but than she can't be a whipping boy (girl) anymore. Benghazi is already a dead horse after 8 investigations and no indictment, impeachment nothing ever came of it, hell outside of the hardcore GOP base its not being brought up. I know Trump started the whole special prosecutor thing last night but again outside of the most hardcore of the GOP base most people will view it as time to move on plus as mentioned going after a political opponent is not an image he will really wants. The bottom line if Trump wins, as far as the e-mails go after over a year of investigations and her losing the election shes done rah rah rah move on. Perfect example, after Bush finished his 2-terms MANY on the far left wanted him arrested etc for Iraq and actions during the war on terror (not getting into the merits here) but over time they took it as oh well he's done time to move on (some stragglers yes, but not like it was in early 2009 and those people are lost causes at this point)

B*tching about his policies is far game, every president complains about the policies of their other party predecessor that's fine but the thirst for arrest/vengence and stuff fade over time.

But lets look at if Clinton wins...they can keep this stuff alive, they can promise the hardcore base how she does not deserve to be in the oval office, help us get back/keep our majorities to take her down...I TRULY believe the GOP probably does have the "smoking gun" against Clinton for her impeachment or at least something damning enough for even the dems to get her to resign "for the good of the country"

But there is another goal in this strategy, the GOP does NOT have to defend Trump for the next 4 years. Like I said if she loses then initially they get to say "yay we brought down a Clinton" but 2 years from now, 3 years from now, 2020 election the GOP can't ride on "well we took down Clinton" It will be some of Trumps more outlandish statements, being baited by tweets, statements about his daughter, etc that will be front an center, they can't run on e-mails, Benghazi, Bill being a pig it all goes away...in politics its much easier to play offense than defense and as time passes the GOP does not want to play defense with Trump at the helm.

They let Clinton win and sandblast her after the "inauguration honeymoon" of course that my opinon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies