Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 10:00 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I disagree with your IQ assessment but I do wonder if the Republican party has self destructed. Not just because of Trump but it has seemed aimless for years.
yes, it has, they've throw us under the bus.....big time.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:01 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm independent as well, and never, ever have I seen such control coming out of the liberal party....
I will never ever vote again for a Dem. I cannot believe the remarks and excuses they come up with....

I have a friend, who used to live in CA. Every election years, he said he'd put out his Republican sign, and it would go missing constantly.

He moved here and his parents, were verbally attacked for putting out a Trump sign?
And then they say Repubs are violent?
If you don't think like they do, your wrong, period.

Awful
Try being a Democrat in the South.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:07 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Try being a Democrat in the South.
you know what I'd be interested in knowing....
When any crime is committed, I'd love to know, if they are dems or republicans? Just for informational purposes....
I'd also love to know how many crimes are committed in the U.S. by illegals.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:08 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
The problem with the right isn't lack of intelligence (on the whole) it's lack of imagination which leads to a lack of empathy.

They can't fathom that everyone doesn't have the support system, the background, the education and the chance to succeed that they had. It can't be, because this is 'Merica and they've seen hard times (I expect many will pipe in as to how hard they personally had things that they overcame through nothing more than personal strength and perhaps God), so obviously everyone else who has any problems in their life has only themselves to blame and is just a whiny loser.

Last edited by TKO; 10-14-2016 at 10:16 AM..

Old 10-14-2016, 10:09 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Watching the rise and support of Trump ( the only primary candidate that polls consistently showed couldn't beat Hillary), I've had real concerns about the IQ of Republicans.
I'm Independent and lean conservative. So I Googled it and was surprised and pleased to find, even though there's been this anomaly with Trump, the Rs aren't the mouth-breathing neandrathals the liberal MSM likes to portray them as -- especially with the current Trump phenomenon.
They actually are more informed (Pew Reaearch) and higher IQ and educated than Dems.

IQ breakdown
Pro Commerce: Democrats' IQ

Pew -- R's more Informed
Center For Individual Freedom

Party affiliation and education
Party Affiliation Versus Education Level | The Quantum Pontiff
Your sources use things like education levels and income levels as evidence of conservatives having higher IQ's. But factors such as most black Americans being democrats lower democrats numbers in those categories (things like poverty, racism, and culture cause black Americans to have much lower figures in education levels and income.)

And many poverty stricken Asians, South Americans, and Native Americans are mainly democrats bringing democrats education and income figures down further (these groups also suffer from the same poverty, racism, and cultural factors that greatly lower education and income levels.)

But actual scientific studies show that there is a link between being conservative and having a low IQ.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...o-hand-in-hand
Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism | Huffington Post

And human intelligence is seen most in human technology and human understanding, and who creates technology and human understanding?
Answer: Scientists, and only 6% of scientists are republicans.

Only Six Percent Of Scientists Are Republicans: Pew Poll | Huffington Post

And besides scientists there are also other jobs/fields that society says require intelligence.

Most doctors are liberals.
More American doctors favor Democrats | Reuters

Most lawyers are liberal.
Lawyers 'lean to the left,' study says; which schools, firms and practice areas are most liberal?

Most artists and writers are liberals.
The Storytellers: Why Are Most Artists Liberal?
https://novaspire.wordpress.com/2016...cally-liberal/

ex. ex.

Last edited by chad3; 10-14-2016 at 10:31 AM..

Old 10-14-2016, 10:51 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
It's rarely only one way or the other. There are varying degrees of every example and many different people have followed different paths to get to their respective beliefs.
On the whole of the argument, you know what they say:
Those who profess absolutes are always wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
The problem with the right isn't lack of intelligence (on the whole) it's lack of imagination which leads to a lack of empathy.

They can't fathom that everyone doesn't have the support system, the background, the education and the chance to succeed that they had. It can't be, because this is 'Merica and they've seen hard times (I expect many will pipe in as to how hard they personally had things that they overcame through nothing more than personal strength and perhaps God), so obviously everyone else who has any problems in their life has only themselves to blame and is just a whiny loser.
No, just so much no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Claiming Republicans are more educated than Dems is hysterical considering it's the right that continually whines about those damn Liberal-run colleges and universities.
Not that I agree across the board, but I was recently reminded that Shaw's writing, "He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches." has roots in some truth.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:52 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
No, just so much no.
Be hard for you to imagine with no imagination.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:53 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If Republicans are so smart, why do they keep picking losing candidates?

No smart person I know does the same thing three straight times expecting a different result.

Might wanna rethink your so-called brilliance.
It's the difference between intelligence and common sense.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:59 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
How do you know who I am voting for? Please tell us, use your superior IQ. LOL
Me? I'm not making such a claim. I'm pretty ordinary by my own admission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
I will say this, the leaders of the democrats are actually very smart people, they realized decades ago that many in the population are not very intelligent and will buy their lies and attacks on the opponents. This is what go them in power years ago, kept them in power for so long, and continues to make it harder and harder for other people to stop them.
This is a laughable post.

Elections are contests. You guys can drone on all you want about standing on your principles, but who gives a damn if you don't intend to win anything. It's just the same old words and platitudes.

You guys put up a decent, middle of the road guy like Romney who has enough appeal to win, then you FORCE him to sound like a maniac in order for him to get your votes. If he doesn't embrace your version of ideological purity, then you deprecate him as a RINO, and emasculate him so badly in the face of his opposition that he comes off as aloof, weak and effete. Then you wonder why he can't appeal to folks on the other side of the aisle.

Meanwhile, you're STILL stuck with Romney regardless because you're too heavily invested in him as your candidate, then you lash out at liberals and Democrats because you know you're gonna lose badly.

So here you are now, still carping about yet another election. However, this time, you chose an unqualified, bumbling con man who would make a great cattle auctioneer and little else...and yet, you folks gave this Schlemiel more support than you ever gave Romney, and Romney was at least a half-assed honest man who accomplished something and had executive political experience.

But here you are trashing the other side because they've got their political game together and places WINNING above petty differences over ideology.

I swear, you folks on the right never learn. But another class will be in session on the 8th of next month. Pay attention this time.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:02 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Another day, another waste of information bytes playing the "team sports" political game, Dems vs Repubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies