Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 01:33 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
I believe it is possible that the order came from the USA State dept. But then again what benefit does the Ecuadorians have protecting Assange?

None whatsoever -- only one group of people benefits from silencing Assange. Nor should we hold it against Ecuador that they caved in to pressure.
I wonder if this will be a topic in tonight's debate? It should be. The Party in power has used its position to stifle the flow of information and influence an election. No doubt they would argue that since the leaks weren't true, we really don't have to hear them.
Coincidentally, there is an ongoing thread in this Forum regarding Obama's suggestion that we come up with "some way" to "curate" internet content, so that only "true" information is presented to the people.
Are y'all scared yet? I am.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:44 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
I believe Ecuador doesn't want to be caught in the middle. That makes perfect sense to me.

Assange definitely has something to lose if Clinton is elected, so I'ms suspicious of Wikileaks, and both Trump and Clinton have email and other net comms they sure want to be kept private, so they have their own motives, just as much as Assange has. Only different motives.

The only entity who has no skin in this game is Ecuador, and they have their own problems. It makes sense that they were the ones who cut Assange off from any net access. The guy is persona-non-grata in London, so he's a pain in the butt for Ecuador in many possible ways.

The email dump?
It's possible that the individual messages in the dump weren't tampered with, simply because there are so many of them, but it's very possible that the wiki crew deleted message threads that made Assange look bad or could harm him in some way.

A lopsided big picture can still have many untouched strokes in it. It's harder to determine, sometimes, if the entire picture is skewed when one is concentrating only at the tiny details.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:46 PM

810 posts, read 667,820 times
Democrats loved Wikileaks until they started dropping the truth about them

Old 10-19-2016, 02:00 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
And never questioned their validity

Old 10-19-2016, 02:05 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
LOL I did not follow Wikileaks back then. Was it stuff about the Bush administration?

Old 10-19-2016, 02:09 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
And never questioned their validity
Interesting. All of a sudden these people need to be 'silenced'.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:19 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

The only entity who has no skin in this game is Ecuador, and they have their own problems. It makes sense that they were the ones who cut Assange off from any net access. The guy is persona-non-grata in London, so he's a pain in the butt for Ecuador in many possible ways.
Ecuador has big skin in this game. The economy of Ecuador is based mostly on exports of oil, bananas, shrimp, gold, other primary agricultural products and money transfers from nearly a million Ecuadorian emigrants employed abroad.

Oil has tanked and most of those Ecuadorian immigrants are undocumented workers in the US.

In 2012 the U.S. Government gave a total of $25,935,464 in foreign aid to Ecuador.

When John Kerry told Ecuador to bend over, they said sí Señor Kerry.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Interesting. All of a sudden these people need to be 'silenced'.
I don't remember bush or msm deflecting with dangerous rhetoric either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies