Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 12:51 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,874 times

Advertisements

Without a doubt it's Slippery Slope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 12:55 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
"Reform" would be a term they use when they want to act like they care about an issue but plan to never do anything about it. They've been talking about both immigration reform and campaign finance reform for decades, but neither party wants to do anything about it in truth.. they benefit from the immigrants and of course they want to be able to take money from whoever...
The thing is Republicans and conservative don't benefit politically from immigration. In net immigrants are strong democrat voters. But I know what you mean. Globalist think they can get more people into the country to profit from but the immigration is turning the country democrat. I suppose the democrat party will officially become the party of globalist big business if it hasn't already.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:03 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The thing is Republicans and conservative don't benefit politically from immigration. In net immigrants are strong democrat voters. But I know what you mean. Globalist think they can get more people into the country to profit from but the immigration is turning the country democrat. I suppose the democrat party will officially become the party of globalist big business if it hasn't already.
The republican party is going to fade away if they don't reform themselves to be a true party of personal liberty. The more they push to keep marijuana illegal, not let gays get married, and meddle in people's personal lives, the less popular they get. Both parties have been hijacked by globalists anyways so there isn't a huge difference between them at the federal level. It's more important to vote republican at the local level in some states so you can have gun rights, low taxes, limited government intrusion, but have a neighboring state that's democrat so you can have things like legal marijuana a short drive away along with the extra amenities democrat states tend to have (more state parks, etc.) then you can have the best of both worlds. lol

Old 10-21-2016, 01:16 AM

Quote:
The republican party is going to fade away if they don't reform themselves to be a true party of personal liberty. The more they push to keep marijuana illegal, not let gays get married, and meddle in people's personal lives, the less popular they get. Both parties have been hijacked by globalists anyways so there isn't a huge difference between them at the federal level. It's more important to vote republican at the local level in some states so you can have gun rights, low taxes, limited government intrusion, but have a neighboring state that's democrat so you can have things like legal marijuana a short drive away, then you can have the best of both worlds. lol

You're right.

The GOP's stance on social issues is killing them. If they can truly prove that they are for less government intrusion into peoples personal lives they will win.

Unfortunately, they are going in the opposite direction and seem hell bent on continuing that trend.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:21 AM

Quote:
The republican party is going to fade away if they don't reform themselves to be a true party of personal liberty. The more they push to keep marijuana illegal, not let gays get married, and meddle in people's personal lives, the less popular they get. Both parties have been hijacked by globalists anyways so there isn't a huge difference between them at the federal level. It's more important to vote republican at the local level in some states so you can have gun rights, low taxes, limited government intrusion, but have a neighboring state that's democrat so you can have things like legal marijuana a short drive away along with the extra amenities democrat states tend to have (more state parks, etc.) then you can have the best of both worlds. lol
The problem is the federal government trumps state and local government decisions. I don't see it the way you see it at all. Conservatives aren't intruding on personal liberties, the democrats are. Liberals wish to regulate everything under the sun, what you can say, who your neighbors and coworkers are, your taxes you pay, what is on the media, the internet etc.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:34 AM

Quote:
The problem is the federal government trumps state and local government decisions. I don't see it the way you see it at all. Conservatives aren't intruding on personal liberties, the democrats are. Liberals wish to regulate everything under the sun, what you can say, who your neighbors and coworkers are, your taxes you pay, what is on the media, the internet etc.

Yep.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Yep.

Can you name a liberty Hillary is offering someone like me that I don't have and won't have with republicans and Trump?

All I see is more taxes, regulations, open borders, gun control, horrible and expensive healthcare, speech control, forced association, globalism and western culture criticism, and identity politics and favoritism.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:07 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Can you name a liberty Hillary is offering someone like me that I don't have and won't have with republicans and Trump?

All I see is more taxes, regulations, open borders, gun control, horrible and expensive healthcare, speech control, forced association, globalism and western culture criticism, and identity politics and favoritism.

Exactly.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:51 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Leader of the "Free" World. Can we all agree to stop using that term? All I want is a President of the United States that looks out for America first. Obviously, the next POTUS will be "a" leader in the world, but do we really have to revert to Cold War rhetoric? Can we stop being the police of the world?

Anyways, perhaps there is a term that you find annoying? Care to share and vent about it? LOL, I am so burnt out on all the garbage the media is spinning these days.
"Common sense" being as politics is completly lacking it, and "racism" is way worn out as well.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:56 PM

800 posts, read 508,405 times
Undocumented immigrant. What a euphemism! Lets call them by the correct term that we used to use...ILLEGAL ALIENS. And even if the majority of them aren't murderers and rapists, they are all still criminals. The act of entering and living in our country with no paperwork is against the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies