Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2016, 09:46 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Uh, no. Nelson Rockefeller, himself, was the last high-visibility, lifelong Rockefeller Republican, and he left office in 1977. George H. W. Bush was initially a Rockefeller Republican, but converted to conservatism by 1988.

Wrong. We get it, and see it for what it is, even though you do not, or choose not to admit that you do. Stop making up rationalizations for your earlier baseless aspersion cast at Kelly.
Well baseless? Ma Foie! It's been fun but I have to leave to go to work to manage a bunch of aggressive women in hooker dresses and heels....who need me. go figure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 09:49 AM

684 posts, read 514,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Because Bill would be the first lady, and Donald would be President. There's no way you aren't understanding that. And if so... you're parents shouldn't let you on the computer. This website is fully of nasty words a child like you shouldn't hear.

And I'm not saying vote Hillary. Do what you want. Just know that there's a real possibility that the Republican nominee has molested several women. If you're ok with that, so be it. Hillary has not molested anyone to my knowledge, and yes, there's a possibility that her husband has. Which says more about Bill than it does about her. Go ahead and vote for pseudo-Libertarian Gary Johnson or unqualified hippie Jill Stein if you like.

No skepticratic you don't understand it. Regardless if Bill is not running for president he is still in the white house and very involved with both the national image and power.

I have no issue if Trump flirted and bedded many women if it were done respectfully. All men have private conversations like he did with the reporter. Where I draw the line is that Bill Clinton flew numerous times on a private jet owned by a convicted pedophile to a private island that was in fact known as a place were underage sex occurred with young girls. Its even alleged that Bill Clinton bedded one of these young girls.

So you saying that Bill is not running for president is like saying the scout leaders wife is who will be running the scout troops while her sex offender husband is simple providing her assistance since he is experienced

Old 10-26-2016, 09:55 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Well baseless?
Yes baseless. Go back and watch the video. Then check out Kellyanne Conway's photo in her Wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellyanne_Conway

They are dressed in comparable attire.

Again: Stop making up rationalizations for your earlier baseless aspersion cast at Kelly

Old 10-26-2016, 10:07 AM

1,400 posts, read 864,332 times
Kelly was obviously hostile and aggressive from the get go, she kept escalating with an incendiary tone, and finally, Newt had enough and responded in kind. Once she had Newt disgusted, she tried to tone it back down and play the victim, it was rather hilarious. You can see her fuming early on in the interview when she looked away from the camera at her notes.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:12 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I heard it, and no, she wasn't lying... She did say "IF trump is a sexual predator" and newt jumped all over her. He clearly felt that it was ok for him to be incredibly nasty to her, and also really, really defensive over the idea that trump could possibly be considered by anyone to be a possible sexual predator. Methinks newt doest protest too much.
Megan Kelly's anti-Trump bias was obvious, every position she took on Trump was negative. What if he loses, what if he causes the senate to switch parties, what if he's a sexual predator. Stating all her negative opinions on Trump is her expressing an opinion. Can't even bring herself to say Clinton and sexual predator in the same breath.

Speaking of sexual predators, Kelly could not get all those women on her show fast enough, to accuse Trump of assault. She never spent a minute trying to verify their stories first.

Kelly was a good attorney once, now she has become a useful idiot. She accepts rumor, innuendo, and allegations which not only cannot be proven, but are 30 years old, and tries to play them off as legitimate.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:13 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Bad.
But not as bad as the adulterer and sexual perv misogynist narcissist GOP candidate Trump running the country.
how did you come to that conclusion?

At first it appeared you were talking about bill clinton.. If we can believe hillary, she said she was going to put Bill in charge of the economy.

Do you want an adulterous, sexual perv misogynist, naccissist running the economy????

Old 10-26-2016, 10:14 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
If Newt has no business being on TV due to adultery - what do you say about Hillary choosing to have an adulterer enthusiastically campaign on her behalf and promise to have him running the economy?
Donald Trump was an adulterer and Donald Trump is on the ticket. It sounds like Trump was bragging to Billy Bush that he was still cheating when married to #3. Should we demonize #3 for not divorcing Trump? Should Trump be telling #3 to divorce him? By the way, Newt Gingrich and Rudy Giuliani cheated on their wives as well. It makes me laugh to hear Newt Gingrich of all people talk about marital fidelity when he has been married as often as Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Gingrich insisting that all Kelly focuses on is sex, sex, sex is rich coming from a guy who led the crusade to impeach Clinton over sex while screwing around on his second wife.
Exactly. The hypocrisy of the GOP is absolutely unbelievable, whether it is Trump manufacturing overseas, hiring H1B workers, cheating on his wife, etc. being defended by Newt Gingrich of all people Hillary was cheated on and chose to keep her family intact.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Newt's the guy that broke up with his first wife of eighteen years over the phone while she was sick in bed battling cancer. I guess that's old school too...calling that "manly" is setting a really low bar.

Oh yeah...and he was cheating on her at the same time to boot. What a man!

Umm I think you missed my point and then derailed my post by filling it with all sorts of stuff I wasn't even talking about.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Donald Trump was an adulterer and Donald Trump is on the ticket. It sounds like Trump was bragging to Billy Bush that he was still cheating when married to #3. Should we demonize #3 for not divorcing Trump? Should Trump be telling #3 to divorce him? By the way, Newt Gingrich and Rudy Giuliani cheated on their wives as well. It makes me laugh to hear Newt Gingrich of all people talk about marital fidelity when he has been married as often as Trump.

I dont think Newt was discussing marital fidelity but rather pointing out the hypocrisy of going after Trump for his discretion's when Bill Clinton seems to have many more. The irony is this was said by a man who also had as many as both men so at least he is an expert on the matter.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:22 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
every position she took on Trump was negative
Practically every position every interviewer takes with any campaign surrogate from either side is negative.

That is their job... to ask about the negatives.

The positives are called "campaign advertising". The media's job is to provide balance (read: the other side of the coin) from the campaign advertising and public statements by the candidates.

If it seems that there are more negatives with regard to Trump than with regard to Clinton, that's because, compared to Clinton, Trump is a serial liar, a misogynist, temperamentally unfit to be POTUS, and generally unqualified for the real work of leading the entire nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies