Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 03:08 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
They shouldn't be here anyway...GTFO !
Why, aren't you lovely?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post

I agree. Keep tabs of the neighborhoods in blue states that overwhelmingly voted for Hillary & put refugees, illegal immigrants in their neighborhoods & their homes. Walk the talk.

It could be a really good reality show.
Hmm. I think the refugees should also be put into red states that overwhelmingly voted for George Bush, who MANUFACTURED the war in Iraq, which, in turn, completely destabilized the Middle East. The refugee crisis - that Europe has dealt with on a much larger and more immediate scale than we have - is a direct result of the Bush administration's foreign policy. You're upset about a few thousand refugees coming here? How do you think the Europeans feel? What do you suppose Europe thinks of this?

Yet, I have rarely ever heard any Republicans complaining about that war. I rarely hear any one of you "offended" about the thousands of Americans killed; the tens of thousands of Americans permanently maimed, physically and mentally; or the more than one hundred thousand innocent Iraqi (and now Syrian) refugees killed...ultimately at the hands of Bush/Cheney.

No, you guys choose to get riled up about a few thousand (desperate) refugees coming here. Well, it's unfortunate that your anger is entirely misdirected. The chickens are coming home to roost, and you can thank the last Republican president for that.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
This kind of pisses me off.

They're spending god knows how much shipping in foreigners and accommodating them...

When they're shipping them into areas full of Americans who are already struggling and ignored.
Yep. And WHY are there so many struggling in the wealthiest country on earth? And why are they ignored?

Old 10-28-2016, 06:09 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Yep. And WHY are there so many struggling in the wealthiest country on earth? And why are they ignored?
There are many who don't care.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Hmm. I think the refugees should also be put into red states that overwhelmingly voted for George Bush, who MANUFACTURED the war in Iraq, which, in turn, completely destabilized the Middle East. The refugee crisis - that Europe has dealt with on a much larger and more immediate scale than we have - is a direct result of the Bush administration's foreign policy. You're upset about a few thousand refugees coming here? How do you think the Europeans feel? What do you suppose Europe thinks of this?

Yet, I have rarely ever heard any Republicans complaining about that war. I rarely hear any one of you "offended" about the thousands of Americans killed; the tens of thousands of Americans permanently maimed, physically and mentally; or the more than one hundred thousand innocent Iraqi (and now Syrian) refugees killed...ultimately at the hands of Bush/Cheney.

No, you guys choose to get riled up about a few thousand (desperate) refugees coming here. Well, it's unfortunate that your anger is entirely misdirected. The chickens are coming home to roost, and you can thank the last Republican president for that.
They are being put in some red states, such as Arizona and Texas.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:19 PM

This is what I am seeing with this thread. This isn't really about refugees. This is really about North St. Louis, and about Blacks. Refugees from Syria are just being used as the pawn. While many don't want refugees here, there are those who will use one group to bash another.

Old 10-28-2016, 07:17 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:

The war in Syria is Bushes fault?

Old 10-28-2016, 07:31 PM

63 posts, read 41,234 times
Good. Send them to our ghettos. There chances of assimilation and giving up that sharia law crap and way of life is greater there. They will learn real quick not getting with program will earn you a swift butt whipping or cap in the booty. Middle class and rich Westerners are weak just look at how these beggars are ruining Europe. That won't fly in north St. Louis. Those bloods and crips don't give a damn about being nice or politically correct. You try that bullcrap in our hoods you tried in Germany our ghetto residents will put a cap in your booty and have you crying running back to where you came from.

I'm not worried about them doing anything to our ghetto residents. Our hoods are ruff and the people are tough and don't take no crap from nobody. You either get with this United States thing or get wiped out. Send all of them to our worst projects. There they can choose if they like democracy or not and if they don't and want to run around raping women and breaking laws the good 'ole bloods and crips will handle that problem for us.

Old 10-28-2016, 07:44 PM

63 posts, read 41,234 times
Quote:

Your right. I have some suggestions...
South Memphis, TN
Overtown, Miami
Uptown, New Orleans
5th ward, Houston

We shouldn't have them here in the first place but if we do we should send them to places like the above mentioned, better yet build projects just for them on the vacant land in those hoods but make sure there housing is lower quality than the rest of the hood. Ungrateful beggars getting a free ride should not live in better conditions than ghetto American citizens, and let's see of they try to start something. I highly doubt what happened in Europe will happen in those places. They will behave or else. Fortunately are underclass in mostly black ghettos for the most part are not cowards like the rest of us.

Old 10-30-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElFool View Post
Good. Send them to our ghettos. There chances of assimilation and giving up that sharia law crap and way of life is greater there. They will learn real quick not getting with program will earn you a swift butt whipping or cap in the booty. Middle class and rich Westerners are weak just look at how these beggars are ruining Europe. That won't fly in north St. Louis. Those bloods and crips don't give a damn about being nice or politically correct. You try that bullcrap in our hoods you tried in Germany our ghetto residents will put a cap in your booty and have you crying running back to where you came from.

I'm not worried about them doing anything to our ghetto residents. Our hoods are ruff and the people are tough and don't take no crap from nobody. You either get with this United States thing or get wiped out. Send all of them to our worst projects. There they can choose if they like democracy or not and if they don't and want to run around raping women and breaking laws the good 'ole bloods and crips will handle that problem for us.
I disagree. It will not work. Refugees from Haiti went into the worst ghettos of Miami. They had to deal with gangs and violence from the local population. Some young Haitians banded together and formed gangs. Now, Miami has Zoe Pound, a gang more violent and fearsome than the Crips or Bloods. Many Haitians did not assimilate to the best of American culture. Those that did assimilate left what is now "Little Haiti" altogether.

Salvadorean refugees. They went to the ghetto of McArthur Park in Los Angeles. Violent gangs there didn't encourage assimilation. It just encouraged Salvadoreans to form gangs. Today, MS13 is a product of that. And that gang has spread from California all the way to America's East Coast. And many who were deported back to El Salvador became even more violent.

Minneapolis became a center for Somali refugee settlement. Many ended up in the worst neighborhoods, where the thugs did alot of their dirt. Being put around violent thugs did not encourage assimilation. Rather, it encouraged some to form gangs.

Can you show any example of refugees assimilating by being put around violent thugs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies