Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2016, 08:13 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,037,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Single payer IS better, because one, the government doesn't need the overhead or profit margin of private business, and two (and this is the big one), even with insurance, you can still be billed tens of thousands of dollars that you don't have if you do need to go to the hospital, where you pay NOTHING out of pocket with single payer, just add in a 10% National Sales Tax like Canada to fund it, most people would find it cheaper than having to shell out hundreds per month in premiums for private insurance
And they will tell you how you're going to live/die right along with that healthcare using the justification "we're paying for it so you will do as we say".
Ride a motorcycle,drink a soda,drink alcohol etc.etc etc. your coverage will be impacted. Need hip surgery at 70? Well, get a wheel chair because the wait will be a while.

Get ready for Swedish taxes here bud, your take home pay is about to be SLASHED if single payer goes through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 08:14 AM

89,067 posts, read 44,906,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
My solution:
1. Have two systems in the same time. One is single payer for all. Second is a private insurance with free market rates if one wants to go ahead of the line.
And private insurance to have elective surgery for the obese and/or smokers. Many parts of the UK, for example, have eliminated coverage for elective surgery for the obese and/or those who smoke. If it's not imminently life or death medically necessary, no surgery for the obese and/or smokers. You ruin your health, that's on you.
Quote:
2. Open special visa quotas for doctors and RN from abroad. Every doctor (from the West, Russia and East Europe) will be entitled for a temporary visa that will become a green card after passing the exam.
3. Triple the premiums for obese people and smokers after 2 years warning.
Agree with both of the above.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:15 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,630,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And they will tell you how you're going to live/die right along with that healthcare using the justification "we're paying for it so you will do as we say".
Ride a motorcycle,drink a soda,drink alcohol etc.etc etc. your coverage will be impacted. Need hip surgery at 70? Well, get a wheel chair because the wait will be a while.

Get ready for Swedish taxes here bud, your take home pay is about to be SLASHED if single payer goes through.
That's not how it works in countries that have single payer, stop sounding so Brave New World-ish

Old 10-28-2016, 08:19 AM

89,067 posts, read 44,906,239 times
Quote:

Yep. Sweden's top income tax bracket rate applies to everyone at 1.5 times average income, whereas in the U.S., the top tax bracket rate doesn't apply until one earns 8.5 times the average income:

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfo...me%20Taxes.png

Furthermore, Sweden has a 25% national sales tax (VAT) on top of that.

Who thinks Americans will go along with paying those hefty taxes for national healthcare? Anyone?

Old 10-28-2016, 08:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,037,719 times
Quote:
Not me, I'm reluctantly voting for Clinton, wanted Sanders, but he's not in it anymore
So, you're going from a phony and hypocrite who was cheated out of his run and then lays down for the person who RIGGED her coronation to a proven liar and crook. Good choice...

Old 10-28-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
So, you're going from a phony and hypocrite who was cheated out of his run and then lays down for the person who RIGGED her coronation to a proven liar and crook. Good choice...
I would die before I voted for a Republican

Old 10-28-2016, 08:27 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,659,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
How about we don't treat our people like they are peasants, we respect their liberty, don't infringe on it and allow them to choose as they will without our interference and money theft schemes?

I mean, this being a free country and all that supports liberty, this seems like the prudent path to take?
When people are loosing their homes and cannot pay back other debts because of huge medical bills, we all pay for it. When people are dying at 40 from a preventable illness and leaving 3 orphans because they don't have insurance and don't go to doctors, we all paying for their needs. When people became disable because a simple flu gets complicated, we all pay for it.
So your liberty is hitting my liberty not to pay more taxes.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:27 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,907,172 times
Quote:
In your world, 95% of people wouldn't be able to afford to see a doctor or dentist, so we would have a bunch of toothless people with a much higher mortality rate, and avg life expectancy would probably drop to between 55 and 60
Neat fantasy story. Problem is, you seem to base your understanding on whatever you like to make up, which isn't a suprise because you support the criminal Hillary.

We also can properly deduce from your response that you do not respect liberty and freedom. Oh sure, you may talk like you do, but what you call "freedom" and "Liberty" is really just having a big enough cage to where you feel comfortable with imprisoning people in. I mean, we can still move around right? We are "free" right?

Here is what I don't get. You obviously do not respect this country, its founding, its ideal. So why are you here? You boast and brag about how wonderful other countries are, but you aren't responsible enough to seek them out for your own? It is so much easier for you to move to some other country (people do it all the time) than it is for you to demand an entire founding system and ideal of a country to change for you?

Do you really think we will take it? Do you really think that we are all just going to roll over like little peasant subjects of the state and be told what to think and how to live? If you think that, you certainly aren't American in spirit and you aren't too informed about some of the people who live here.

We won't take these infringements forever. Eventually, you will have to enforce your oppression on us. Eventually we will defend ourselves against your tyranny.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:29 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,659,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And private insurance to have elective surgery for the obese and/or smokers. Many parts of the UK, for example, have eliminated coverage for elective surgery for the obese and/or those who smoke. If it's not imminently life or death medically necessary, no surgery for the obese and/or smokers. You ruin your health, that's on you.
Agree with both of the above.
And on the other hand I would subsidize weight watcher groups and healthy food. I would remove all the snacks from food stamps.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Neat fantasy story. Problem is, you seem to base your understanding on whatever you like to make up, which isn't a suprise because you support the criminal Hillary.

We also can properly deduce from your response that you do not respect liberty and freedom. Oh sure, you may talk like you do, but what you call "freedom" and "Liberty" is really just having a big enough cage to where you feel comfortable with imprisoning people in. I mean, we can still move around right? We are "free" right?

Here is what I don't get. You obviously do not respect this country, its founding, its ideal. So why are you here? You boast and brag about how wonderful other countries are, but you aren't responsible enough to seek them out for your own? It is so much easier for you to move to some other country (people do it all the time) than it is for you to demand an entire founding system and ideal of a country to change for you?

Do you really think we will take it? Do you really think that we are all just going to roll over like little peasant subjects of the state and be told what to think and how to live? If you think that, you certainly aren't American in spirit and you aren't too informed about some of the people who live here.

We won't take these infringements forever. Eventually, you will have to enforce your oppression on us. Eventually we will defend ourselves against your tyranny.
Wow, that fell about 30 yards from my post, or making any sense whatsoever

You obviously seem to be a libertarian, this is not a libertarian nation. There is a libertarian compound down in Honduras that would be very welcoming of you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies