Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2016, 11:33 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
I will ask for a DNA test each and ever time. If she doesn't like that well too bad. I am not signing no birth certificate until I am 100 percent certain I am the father.
Good for you. This is your way and the right way to protect yourself. She shouldn't take it personally in my opinion. Like pre-nup. Everybody should get one before saying "I do." IF she has a problem with it, maybe she is not the one for you anyway.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:43 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Insurance companies would refuse to cover this.
Exactly and the cost is upwards of $500.

And why shouldn't it be at the insistence of the father (or mother if she is uncertain of the father)? Really, a man is risking a good marriage and may cause a custody issue if he lets it be known that he thinks his wife may have been unfaithful and is carrying another mans child but he is too big of a weeny to say so. So he wants DNA testing mandatory for everyone and tax payers to pick up the cost so he doesn't look like a jackass. If a man has doubt the child is his, his marriage is already at risk.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:46 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Its not unusual for women to not really understand why a man might be upset about it until that is you suggest just mixing up the infants in maternity after they give birth. A baby is a just a baby right? I assume also the hospitals that mix up whose baby is whose should not have any legal consequences as well?

All nonsense. It is in fact the in the interest of the state to use all the means at its disposal to insure proper paternity. DNA tests should be required for both parents since infants have been misplaced even postpartum, not just paternity at conception.

Seems like women get pretty angry about it if they don't get their baby.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...to-me-briefly/

Old 10-27-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
I will ask for a DNA test each and ever time. If she doesn't like that well too bad. I am not signing no birth certificate until I am 100 percent certain I am the father. Call me paranoid.
No. That's smart. If you are having sex with women you cant trust or just for your piece of mind. No one should acknowledge paternity if they are not sure they are the biological father unless they dont care.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:50 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
It is common knowledge that when one signs a birth certificate one legally acknowledges paternity to that child. He had a DNA test 11 years after he acknowledged paternity. He should have done it before he signed the BC. Its like any other contract or warranty, you sign the dotted line agreeing to the terms which are legally binding.

You were the one saying its a different situation if it is betrayal (not being aware of the circumstances) or a clerical error.
You are ridiculous.

It is disgusting to see you blatantly disregard the injustice in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Which is why men should require DNA paternity test before singing the birth certificate.

Once father/child relationship is established. There is no turning back.

I don't think it is fair for the men to pay for the children who are not biologically theirs, especially after finding out they have been played and fooled. But it is what it is.

This is an out dated system. Now that we have DNA capability, DNA evidence should trump any Birth certificate any day of the week. It is scientifically compelling evidence that proves the document to have been false. Nothing more should be necessary at that point.

I have a cousin of mine who some years ago made a big fuss telling everyone in the family that my uncle was NOT her father. She wouldn't have anything to do with him, wouldn't let her kids have anything to do with him, etc etc.

Then when he passed away it was discovered he had stockpiled a couple million dollars. When his other children were going through the hassle of cleaning/painting/selling his house and getting all the paper work in order for splitting up the assets guess who showed up...

Asking the question "Is that what DAD would have wanted"??

Equally disgusting as the poster above.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:50 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Exactly and the cost is upwards of $500.

And why shouldn't it be at the insistence of the father (or mother if she is uncertain of the father)? Really, a man is risking a good marriage and may cause a custody issue if he lets it be known that he thinks his wife may have been unfaithful and is carrying another mans child but he is too big of a weeny to say so. So he wants DNA testing mandatory for everyone and tax payers to pick up the cost so he doesn't look like a jackass. If a man has doubt the child is his, his marriage is already at risk.

Where did you get that bloated number? I have seen as low as $100. This is also already in a hospital setting and with the rate that would be negotiated by the insurance company. You may disagree with making it compulsory , but the idea its going to cost $500 a pop is just not true.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:51 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Its not unusual for women to not really understand why a man might be upset about it until that is you suggest just mixing up the infants in maternity after they give birth. A baby is a just a baby right? I assume also the hospitals that mix up whose baby is whose should not have any legal consequences as well?

All nonsense. It is in fact the in the interest of the state to use all the means at its disposal to insure proper paternity. DNA tests should be required for both parents since infants have been misplaced even postpartum, not just paternity at conception.
In the event that the biological father has ever been DNA tested for criminal investigation purposes, etc., it would also help if that was used to identify him as the father and then charge him for child support instead of forcing taxpayers to fund it.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:54 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post

This is an out dated system. Now that we have DNA capability, DNA evidence should trump any Birth certificate any day of the week. It is scientifically compelling evidence that proves the document to have been false. Nothing more should be necessary at that point.

I have a cousin of mine who some years ago made a big fuss telling everyone in the family that my uncle was NOT her father. She wouldn't have anything to do with him, wouldn't let her kids have anything to do with him, etc etc.

Then when he passed away it was discovered he had stockpiled a couple million dollars. When his other children were going through the hassle of cleaning/painting/selling his house and getting all the paper work in order for splitting up the assets guess who showed up...

Asking the question "Is that what DAD would have wanted"??

Equally disgusting as the poster above.
When I said "it is what it is" I was referring to the legal system.

Not my personal belief. Before you call people disguisting, maybe you should read their post first.

barking up the wrong tree is disgusting and quite frankly, STUPID.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:59 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
The guy was a moron for trying to act as a lawyer and now he has to pay the price. If he had gotten a good lawyer, chances are he would not be in this situation. He has no one to blame but himself.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

Seems like women get pretty angry about it if they don't get their baby.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...to-me-briefly/
Good grief that not even close to the same. The woman is worried her baby may have contracted a disease from the other woman and that her baby got formula the whole 10 minutes it was with another woman.

How about stories more closely related to raising a child and years later finding out they are not your biological child.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV...WC0LtoHiD3Grk-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies