Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 03:21 AM

90 posts, read 102,443 times

Advertisements

Man Legally Forced to Pay Child Support Even After DNA Test Proves He

Quote:
When Lori Lonnquist gave birth to a baby girl some 15-years ago, Chris Atkins asked her to marry him, believing he was the girl’s father. Lonnquist and Atkins divorced approximately two-years later, but Atkins continued to believe that he was the father. It wasn’t until the girl was 11-years-old when Atkins found out the truth after a DNA test revealed that he was not the father. He says he has not been allowed to see the girl in the four years since the test results were revealed. However, Atkins is still legally obligated under Colorado law to continue paying child support because he is listed as the father on the child’s birth certificate.

“It doesn’t make any sense to me,” Atkins said in an interview with the news station. Atkins believes he should be granted visitation rights with the girl or be allowed to stop paying the mandated $730 per month in child support.

“I just want my daughter, but I can’t even see her, but yet I’m still paying child support,” said Atkins.

According to the report, Atkins attempted to act as his own attorney during a court hearing four years after the DNA test results came back. This decision proved costly for Atkins who was reportedly unable to get the judge to accept the DNA report because he did not follow the proper rules for introducing evidence.

The girl’s mother, Lori Lonnquist, acknowledged that she might be “greedy” by continuing to collect the child support, but she does not appear to care how it all looks.

“I don’t feel bad about it, I really don’t,” Lonnquist told the reporter.

She also accused Atkins of abandoning his daughter, but he strongly denied the charged.

Just when you think this story could not get any stranger, KDVR managed to track down the girl’s biological father, Logan Doolen, but he reportedly said he has no plans to get involved in the fight.

Doolen said he felt bad for Atkins, but he believes if he was suddenly ordered to pay child support for the girl “that would be messed up too.”

Lonnquist also said she has no intention to go after Doolen after all these years.

“I don’t think that’s fair to come onto somebody when they didn’t know for 11 years that they didn’t have a kid and say ‘Hey, by the way, you’re going to pay child support for a kid that you didn’t know was yours,’” Lonnquist said.
Wow, how messed up is this kind of BS? The only one that should be forced to pay anything is the biological father.

Even if the mother isn't going after the biological father why isn't the courts?

And women wonder why so many men are so scared of being involved with them. What a miscarriage of justice.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:41 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,214,858 times
But it's for the children, to paraphrase Clinton who believes it takes a village to raise a child.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
But it's for the children, to paraphrase Clinton who believes it takes a village to raise a child.
But...womyn are oppressed!

$740 DOLLARS A MONTH! D:
He doesn't even get to see her either.
AND THEY KNOW WHO THE ACTUAL FATHER IS!
And the mom has custody? she's a cheater who disallows her daughter to connect with her actual dad while taking from the one who supported her for years on end.
What the ****?

Old 10-27-2016, 04:33 AM

8,051 posts, read 12,764,996 times
I know two guys that had similar situations. Once you are listed as the father you are responsible.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:46 AM

45,337 posts, read 60,512,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I know two guys that had similar situations. Once you are listed as the father you are responsible.
The above. The presumption is that the husband is the father.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:02 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,807 times
As always in these cases, the blame will inevitably be put back on the man being required to pay child support for deciding to be in a relationship with a woman at all. Feminists in particular will throw out some goofy line like: "well thats his fault for not making sure she was his child before begging her to marry him." Or the even more stupid line of "well, thats the risk he took when he decided to date her". Or "well he did it to himself by stupidly deciding to act as his own attorney -- he should have hired a real lawyer" And then of course the ultimate feminist cop out: "when he has to endure 9 months of pregnancy and childbirth, then he will have the right to claim he's a victim".

On the other hand, if he was going to represent himself in court, obviously he should have researched the proper rules and court procedures for submitting evidence.

All a bunch of woulda coulda shoulda, with no mention of what the child's mother should have done, because our society has such low standards for the character and behavior of women, lest they be deemed "sexist" for trying to control a woman's body or whatever.

Last edited by soletaire; 10-27-2016 at 05:15 AM..

Old 10-27-2016, 05:04 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Wow, justice really is blind

Old 10-27-2016, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
As always in these cases, the blame will inevitably be put back on the man being required to pay child support for deciding to be in a relationship with a woman at all. Feminists in particular will throw out some goofy line like: "well thats his fault for not making sure she was his child before begging her to marry him." Or the even more stupid line of "well, thats the risk he took when he decided to date her". Or "well he did it to himself by stupidly deciding to act as his own attorney -- he should have hired a real lawyer" And then of course the ultimate feminist cop out: "when he has to endure pregnancy and childbirth, then he will have the right to claim he's a victim".

All a bunch of woulda coulda shoulda, with no mention of what the child's mother should have done, because our sociaty has such low standards for the behavior of women, lest they be deemed "sexist" for trying to control a woman's body or whatever.
Yep, the POS "mother" is total scum, but feminists will fully defend this. I find it very hypocritical that in an age where women say things like "Women should be allowed to have as many sexual partners as they want without being judge for it" "Women should never be judged for whatever sexual acts they may be involved in" etc. etc. that ultimately they always try to shame the man for such saying "Well, the man never should have agreed to sex in the first place, all his fault".

Old 10-27-2016, 05:14 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,639 times
Shouldn't have hooked up with a sexually promiscuous woman. What more can I say?

I've been on this earth 31 years. I have never gotten anyone pregnant. My various boyfriends throughout the years couldn't get pregnant anyway LOL.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:18 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,205,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruspalinski View Post
Man Legally Forced to Pay Child Support Even After DNA Test Proves He

Wow, how messed up is this kind of BS? The only one that should be forced to pay anything is the biological father.

Even if the mother isn't going after the biological father why isn't the courts?

And women wonder why so many men are so scared of being involved with them. What a miscarriage of justice.
We had a case just like this once. The guy even had written affidavit of the bio father. He still had to spend money on an attorney and it took quite a few months to get the C.S. to stop.

I think over paying is more common then we know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.