Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 11:43 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
That is very disingenuous, why don't you just come out and say that if a woman gets pregnant, whether intentional or not, they should be forced to carry to term and raise the baby they might not have even wanted nor can afford financially. Because that's what you really mean.

Fact is, most criminals were unwanted children with incapable cash strapped parents. Another fact is 20 years after Roe v Wade was passed, crime rates started dropping off a cliff across this country. Coincidence? I think not.....
uhm...I happen to support abortion..especially in rape and incest

but the fact remains there are more than one person to make that choice

what I am against is these 19 yr olds , who have already had 5 abortions, and use abortion as a contraceptive...I mean gee wiz, hasn't she ever hear to telling the stupid male to put a raincoat on

bc is very cheap..cheaper than starbucks coffee....and that is a choice she has well before and 'unintentional consequence '
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 11:47 AM

706 posts, read 1,309,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm...I happen to support abortion..especially in rape and incest

but the fact remains there are more than one person to make that choice

what I am against is these 19 yr olds , who have already had 5 abortions, and use abortion as a contraceptive...I mean gee wiz, hasn't she ever hear to telling the stupid male to put a raincoat on

bc is very cheap..cheaper than starbucks coffee....and that is a choice she has well before and 'unintentional consequence '

I have never read so much ignorance in one post. My wife works with poor teens. Not once have I heard of 19 year olds using it is as contraceptive. Do you know the emotional pain you go through?

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-28-2016 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 10-28-2016, 11:48 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,188,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
The fact that her and Bill could go from broke in '01 to a combined worth of $100 million is pretty impressive.
And it's also quite disgusting, seeing as most of that money came from selling access to what many believed would be a future president. Watch as Obama becomes wealthy by the same means and, despite his repeated denials, his wife makes a run for office. First stop: the Senate.

We need to get money out of politics.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:02 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,789,104 times
I like the Dems support for these issues:
- expanding background checks by closing gun show and internet sales loopholes,
- continuing the clean energy policies started under the current administration
- I don't mind money in politics, but it has to be transparent; I like their support to bring to light all of the dark donors in politics.
- investment in infrastructure.

However, even with all of her experience in politics, I don't see Sec. Clinton getting anything through Congress as President, no matter how close she works with it, except for maybe the infrastructure spending.

I don't think Mr. Trump would either. He would end up making an enemy of Congress, IMO.

I like more of the issues that the Dems espouse than the Repubs. But neither Ms. Clinton nor Mr. Trump will get anything done.

That's my 1/2 cent perspective on this.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:04 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,950,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
I have never read so much ignorance in one post. My wife works with poor teens. Not once have I heard of 19 year olds using it is as contraceptive. Do you know the emotional pain you go through?

Why would an abortion cause emotional pain if the procedure is simply the removal of unwanted cells?

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-28-2016 at 12:33 PM..

Old 10-28-2016, 12:15 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatvibegirl View Post
All propaganda fed to the public.
I am pro choice but even I hate Roe Vs Wade. Its classic bad law. It should be overturned and go to the states. I would tend to be pro choice in my state.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:15 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
I like the Dems support for these issues:
- expanding background checks by closing gun show and internet sales loopholes,
- continuing the clean energy policies started under the current administration
- I don't mind money in politics, but it has to be transparent; I like their support to bring to light all of the dark donors in politics.
- investment in infrastructure.

However, even with all of her experience in politics, I don't see Sec. Clinton getting anything through Congress as President, no matter how close she works with it, except for maybe the infrastructure spending.

I don't think Mr. Trump would either. He would end up making an enemy of Congress, IMO.

I like more of the issues that the Dems espouse than the Repubs. But neither Ms. Clinton nor Mr. Trump will get anything done.

That's my 1/2 cent perspective on this.

Just need to correct you on this one. There is no such thing as a loophole for gunshows or internet sales. A person can not purchase a firearm over the internet period, not legally anyway.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:28 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
She would invest in America's infrastructure, which is sorely needed.
She would (hopefully) close some of the loopholes that allow wealthy predators like Trump get away without paying any taxes
She would push for immigration reform, including a path to citizenship, allowing undocumented aliens to come out of the shadows and fully participate in the American dream.
I'm not a huge fan of Hillary, but these are some of the things she might do to benefit our country. But by far the most important benefit would be to keep that lunatic out of the White House.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:29 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,789,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Just need to correct you on this one. There is no such thing as a loophole for gunshows or internet sales. A person can not purchase a firearm over the internet period, not legally anyway.
I stand corrected.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:36 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
I stand corrected.

The media and politicians would lead one to believe there are loopholes. Just like the tax "loopholes" that Trump supposedly uses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_la...tates_by_state
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies