Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 08:13 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times

Advertisements

Out of about 30 people in my family . We have 2 Clinton Supporters. Only reason they are voting clinton is because my cousin's wife was the campaign manager for the last democratic governor in Illinois..... other then that. My cousin said he is not voting Trump because of his "temper". That was his only excuse for voting for Hillary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 08:14 PM

590 posts, read 555,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with everything you have to say.

I just want to add, do anybody believe anything coming out of Hillary's mouth?
Only the misguided voters who listen to her and believe her.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:28 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Wait one moment.

Don't you go blaming Trump on the conservatives, that is such a BS lie.

Trump only got 38% of support in the primaries. Add in the fact that there were very large amounts of democrats and independents (10's of thousands in some states) crossing party lines to vote for Trump and you can see that Trump was voted in not by conservatives, but by moderates and democrats.

Those supporting him now are simply choosing to back a poor choice over that of a criminal who should be in jail.

Claiming Trump was the conservatives choice is yet another lie from a long list of lies from a party and supporters who lack any integrity and are shameless to the core.
While I do agree many Democrats voted for Trump. Many Conservative Republicans are casting votes for Trump now. Remember, it's party over country with most Republicans. They want to control the Supreme court.
If you listen to some of these conservative christians like Cruz, Santorum,Huckabee or most of the others they want to restrict personal freedoms and expand corporate freedoms. No proof so far Hillary needs to go to jail. Unlike Trumps "Lock her up" chant. This is exactly what we don't need as a President. I'm sure Hillary would be better hands down than Trump (my opinion). Trump is a wild card we don't need in power. Funny, how the FBI is keeping quiet about Trumps connection to the Russians when Comey couldn't wait to get his second findings out to the Republicans first. We do need to revise Government but not with Trump. He is too irresponsible

Old 11-06-2016, 08:00 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Out of about 30 people in my family . We have 2 Clinton Supporters. Only reason they are voting clinton is because my cousin's wife was the campaign manager for the last democratic governor in Illinois..... other then that. My cousin said he is not voting Trump because of his "temper". That was his only excuse for voting for Hillary
While people ignore Hillary's temper when she speaks to military men or even her own husband.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:08 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I have seen many posts on Facebook by friends and family that suggest in a rather angry way that anyone who supports Trump should be checked into a mental hospital and worse be sent to jail?

Many of us realize that Trump is not the best candidate but the alternative is terrible.

I would like to say to those friends and family who are telling me to get my head checked that they are willing to vote for a woman who is corrupt to the core and denies and lies about everything.
The latest round of Email trouble on Hillary points to possible treason that she used her post as SOS to solicit donations to her foundation. ILLEGAL !

SO for those who support Hillary and know about all these scandals they are OK with voting in a crooked corrupt president?

What do you say to friends and family that are so die hard Hillary that they ignore all the evidence that she is corrupt?
Someone I'm friends with on facebook shared a pro-Trump article (it was basically an "I'm a woman and this is why I won't vote for Hillary" article) and two of her friends attacked her for it. One of them said "I'm so so sad for you." The other said "I thought you were smarter than that." I couldn't believe that people have the nerve to be so rude to another for their political opinions. To insinuate someone is stupid and say you are "sad" for them - she didn't ask for their pity OR their opinions. I know both of the people who said that to her, we're all mutual friends, and it made me look at those two a lot differently. So condescending and rude. Just not necessary. It's not worth it to risk friendships for this stuff, especially when both candidates have some pretty heavy baggage. It's not like one is perfect and the other is not. They are both far from perfect and one could make convincing arguments for not voting for either of them, so the "I'm sad for you" and "I thought you were smarter" are just people going for an upper hand they don't even have.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:46 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

What do you say to friends and family that are so die hard Hillary that they ignore all the evidence that she is corrupt?
For the umpteetnth time, what evidence?

Wikileaks? National BSer? Faux News?

Okay so there are probably more official news sources but why do people trust what someone says about someone else? Why do they never consider that the article writer is biased? Especially in politics..this is the most ruthless election yet and when you see how Trump is it's easy to gather that he may be getting his team to slander Hilary.

She wasn't even convicted. I wouldn't say people who prefer Trump need to get sent to a mental hospital but I would say that it seems most of you haven't been around the block enough. The FBI/authorities can easily be corrupt just as much as you claim Hilary is. If you have been taken for a ride by the law like I have, you would realize that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
You need to understand that her supporters are simple minded folks who dont understand politics. So you need to dumb it down for them so that they can understand it easily. I try to use layman terms examples that are easily relateable. Here are some of the questions I ask them

- Are you fine paying for rising healthcare premiums?

- Are you comfortable visiting Germany, France & roaming freely on streets on Paris? If refugees are a threat, why vote for candidate that wants to bring them here?

- Are you against right wing Christian extremists? If so, why do you support similar ideology & give a free pass to people who have same extremism but belong to a different religion? Why dont Christians get a free pass?

- If someone broke into your home, would you let them stay & share your food, money with them? If not, why do you advocate for illegal immigrants who broke into your country.

I'm not a supporter but I'm against Trump. I guess that counts.
I am not at all simple minded and no I'm not familiar with the technicality of politics but I loved school so I actually paid attention in government even though it wasn't my favorite subject so that doesn't mean I don't know what's important. I may be mentally disabled but I understand the world perfectly. People like Trump get rewarded and I am left sitting here in hell on Earth and I'm sick and tired of it.

I get free health insurance because of Obamacare so what does this mean to me? Yeah I want it to be better but it never has been what I needed under any of the presidents. I used to get dental coverage but I'm pretty sure that was because I was a child.

Yes because I love the French culture and I have no beef with Germany. It is my heritage.

Yes and I don't really. I don't think it's right to be extreme about religion in general. However from my observation, there are more extremist Christians around than any of the others..at least here in the United States anyway. It is the most popular religion so it poses the most threat. This is not to say I hate Christians. I just don't like the concept.

This has to be the most ridiculous argument. I can understand the other ones you have but this one..wow
A personal home is way different than a country. I don't know why you people keep using this analogy.

People hated on Obama too but nothing happened. He's not my favorite president but he was never that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
proof?
The proof comes from his own mouth and that's all the proof I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I couldn't believe that people have the nerve to be so rude to another for their political opinions.
Even though that's not the way to handle things and presidents generally don't have power, it is way more than political opinions. Lives could be at stake. We are talking about the leader of the free world and of course some of us Never Trumpers are going to be rude. We are going against a man who has insulted tons of people.

If it makes you feel better though OP as I said in another post, on a personal level I mostly don't care anymore. Part of me just wants to get Trump elected because I'm never going to be successful anyway so why even care? Maybe then neurotypicals will understand how I feel because many of them do not. They always say "we all have problems etc etc". But I'm voting against Trump because I worry about the rest of the group..they still have a chance at success and I'm sure they feel dejected by life like I have.
It just really baffles me how people want to vote for Trump when having mental issues can happen to anyone. Have you never considered that you could be the one that Trump insults? So let's assume Hilary is actually those things you say she is, why is no one banning together to vote for someone else? I can't say I'm really excited for Hilary myself but she is better than Trump. If you find me a candidate that would actually work for me, I would certainly consider it but no one's doing that. People often tell me you shouldn't give up on your life..well what are you doing with this country? Why is it okay for you to give up and not me? I mean maybe it isn't but it just seems like it.

I'm sure I went off on a tangent but I know I'm trying to stay on topic. It just makes me angry depressed and apathetic all at the same time that Trump even got this far. Unlike other registered Democrats I never had a problem with the other Republicans at least not much of one and short lived. Trump is the only one that makes me worry and I can't stand. The thing that really gets me and I said this before but it's so important: people say they vote for Trump because they say what he's thinking yet when I do that I can't even get a minimum wage job. People don't like honesty unless they agree with the viewpoint. My honesty has gotten me banned from a chat room. What is wrong with this world?? I don't say offending things like Trump at least that is not my intention unless you are a bad person but Trump says it against innocent people and that's okay.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Even though that's not the way to handle things and presidents generally don't have power, it is way more than political opinions. Lives could be at stake. We are talking about the leader of the free world and of course some of us Never Trumpers are going to be rude. We are going against a man who has insulted tons of people.
Lives are not at stake. Stop being dramatic.

He's "insulted" tons of people. Oooh, how threatening.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Lives are not at stake. Stop being dramatic.

He's "insulted" tons of people. Oooh, how threatening.

So why are lives at stake if Hilary is going to be president but not Trump?

Yes that is a big deal because people like Trump are the reason why I can't catch a freakin break. If you're going to be the face of America, you can't insult minorities because we are people too. If you do it's easy to insinuate that you can get us into a lot of trouble. Even indirectly is possible.

This is the million dollar question: How do you think it's going to work out having someone who believes that the best way to do business is being completely cutthroat?

I'm giving you a novel and all you have to say is stop being dramatic? At least give me a bit of a challenge here.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
So why are lives at stake if Hilary is going to be president but not Trump?

Yes that is a big deal because people like Trump are the reason why I can't catch a freakin break. If you're going to be the face of America, you can't insult minorities because we are people too. If you do it's easy to insinuate that you can get us into a lot of trouble. Even indirectly is possible.

This is the million dollar question: How do you think it's going to work out having someone who believes that the best way to do business is being completely cutthroat?
Wait until you suffer a brain injury and become mentally disabled..maybe then you guys will understand my viewpoint.
Did I say lives will be at stake if Hillary is president? I'm one of those people who says that no matter who is president, the world will not end and everyone needs to stop being dramatic. They don't have a lot of power. They have to get through Congress and sometimes the Court. The bigger deal is who takes the majority in Congress and who is appointed to the Court.

You're both making this too personal and taking this too personally, with your examples of being a minority and having a brain injury. Don't project YOUR biases on others.

Your "novel" is bulls*it.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Did I say lives will be at stake if Hillary is president? I'm one of those people who says that no matter who is president, the world will not end and everyone needs to stop being dramatic. They don't have a lot of power. They have to get through Congress and sometimes the Court. The bigger deal is who takes the majority in Congress and who is appointed to the Court.

You're both making this too personal and taking this too personally, with your examples of being a minority and having a brain injury. Don't project YOUR biases on others.

They don't generally have power but having a businessman like Trump, he could smooth talk his way to get Congress to do what he wants. Not only that, it's not even about Trump taking control and if he gets in it only proves that bigotry is powerful. The fact that he even got this far in the Republican party is messed up.
Sometimes I wish I had the desire to be president and run (though I'm not old enough) because then I could show you how backwards this whole situation is.

Whether he has power or not, how is it going to look to have the face of America be someone like him? By voting him in you are indirectly saying that being a bigot is not as bad as someone who may or may not be a criminal

I know it sounds like it's too personal and it's hard to explain to someone who doesn't have as abstract a mind as I do. I'm like the verbal Picasso. Not to mention I also have been depressed for years and it's getting worse so I do not need someone like Trump coming into my realm of vision. He couldn't come at a worse time.
Normally I wouldn't care but I'm tired of how this world is. The fighter in me doesn't want things to get worse because I've been through the worst and the really crazy thing is people that shouldn't be powerful have had power over my life so while Trump is just going to be the image of America he has a lot of people who think like him and there is power in numbers. I guess if Trump loses that will show me that bigotry is not as powerful as it seems. Maybe he will lose..it's always possible but it's always possible he won't as well.

I hate that I even have to think about it because I normally hate politics but I'm tired of people who can say whatever the heck they want and I can't

Last edited by Nickchick; 11-06-2016 at 11:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies