Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 12:07 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times

Advertisements

OMG they went to a dinner party with some weird Performance Artist!

Stop the presses, lets forget all about Trump raping a 13 year old! this is important!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 12:10 PM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
It Just Got Weird.

Just now? Trump has been weird all along.

Old 11-04-2016, 12:19 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylos View Post
I don't think that that has anything to do with art.

One problem of trying to judge someone based upon their art preference, is assuming why they prefer that art.
Unless they've explained why they like it, it doesn't really tell us about their mindset.
Of course it can tell us of their mindset. Just link yourself to any radical Muslim site and somebody is going to keep an eye on you. Just saying the wrong 'key' words on the internet will pick up the attention of some.

Even though religion has lost ground in America; many still believe in a God and fear the devil. If your friend/s are weird; it will cause people to take a 'suspicious' better look. I am an atheist and many years ago I could not state my beliefs - I would be ostracized by my community. Even today there are some places that I have to be careful what I say - and I do not believe in the devil! The fact that Hillary has friends or connections with the occult could hurt her.

Old 11-04-2016, 12:22 PM

143 posts, read 78,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Of course it can tell us of their mindset. Just link yourself to any radical Muslim site and somebody is going to keep an eye on you. Just saying the wrong 'key' words on the internet will pick up the attention of some.

Even though religion has lost ground in America; many still believe in a God and fear the devil. If your friend/s are weird; it will cause people to take a 'suspicious' better look. I am an atheist and many years ago I could not state my beliefs - I would be ostracized by my community. Even today there are some places that I have to be careful what I say - and I do not believe in the devil! The fact that Hillary has friends or connections with the occult could hurt her.
What?
You've completely missed the point.

Someone can visit a "radical Muslim site" and not be remotely radically Muslim - simply visiting a site doesn't tell us about the person's mindset.

Old 11-04-2016, 12:27 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
What?
You've completely missed the point.

Someone can visit a "radical Muslim site" and not be remotely radically Muslim - simply visiting a site doesn't tell us about the person's mindset.
I did not say that I believed that was their mindset. I stated that it will get the attention of some agency. It will perk up the ears of the people that we pay to 'protect' us. I did not miss your point; but you missed mine that people do take notice of those that are 'different'. To think otherwise would be foolish.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
To think otherwise would be foolish.
No one said anything about thinking otherwise.

It's entirely too obvious that the intellectual deficiencies of the masses leads to the drawing of ridiculous conclusions based upon minimal or no evidence.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:35 PM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
No one said anything about thinking otherwise.

It's entirely too obvious that the intellectual deficiencies of the masses leads to the drawing of ridiculous conclusions based upon minimal or no evidence.
Minimal or no evidence? The woman herself referred to her dinner party as a "Spirit Cooking" dinner. She had performed that piece 8 years prior to that invitation, so calling her dinner party that does not refer to the performance piece.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Minimal or no evidence?
Yes.
I was speaking more generally than specific, however since it's most likely that this specific event has nothing to do with anything.

Quote:
The woman herself referred to her dinner party as a "Spirit Cooking" dinner. She had performed that piece 8 years prior to that invitation, so calling her dinner party that does not refer to the performance piece.
I don't understand what you're saying here, but I'll bite.
What do you think this event tells us about who and what does that impact and why?

Old 11-04-2016, 01:55 PM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
I don't understand what you're saying here
How not? Marina is a performance artist, and performed the 'Spirit Cooking" piece in 1997. There's video of it. Just search YouTube. There'd be no reason for her to host a "Spirit Cooking" dinner 8 years later in 2015 unless it was the 'religious' practice in a private home setting she described in her Reddit AMA (ask me anything).

Old 11-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
OMG they went to a dinner party with some weird Performance Artist!

Stop the presses, lets forget all about Trump raping a 13 year old! this is important!
Spirit cooking for dummies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EsJLNGVJ7E
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies