Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 07:12 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,838,829 times

Advertisements

Proof of failed liberal policies. Full of paradoxes. The purpose was integration, not segregation. Would have been cheaper & easier to keep the borders closed & give some financial aid to these people. Reminds me of the failed joint family system in India where you bicker, fight, scream but are still stuck together in the same house. Nuclear families get along so much better with relatives than the families living together. Might look picture perfect but the power dynamics, manipulation & lack of privacy makes it look like a big brother house. Borders & boundaries are there to protect you & your privacy. Open borders & living in hippie commune is against human nature.

Germany's new 12ft-high wall constructed in Munich to protect locals from migrant camp* | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 07:20 AM

39,216 posts, read 27,582,466 times
well, my family members in Germany are some of the MOST loving people you will ever know. They've never had problems with anybody, but I think most Germans aren't really too thrilled about the immigrant crisis. Sure they are going out of their way to do things to contribute and donate. But there are other questions that come up for them - safety, employment opportunities and a whole load of other problems ..

When you look at history, some Germans actually migrated from France in the 1600 (refugees from the religion wars) and some migrated from Poland in the 1800 (food crisis)... and these are just couple of examples. German liberal immigration policy since many hundreds of years was good for the country, well, hundreds of years ago.

I think the modern German government has a great appetite for public relations stunts without a clear strategy on how to make things work.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:41 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, my family members in Germany are some of the MOST loving people you will ever know. They've never had problems with anybody, but I think most Germans aren't really too thrilled about the immigrant crisis. Sure they are going out of their way to do things to contribute and donate. But there are other questions that come up for them - safety, employment opportunities and a whole load of other problems ..

When you look at history, some Germans actually migrated from France in the 1600 (refugees from the religion wars) and some migrated from Poland in the 1800 (food crisis)... and these are just couple of examples. German liberal immigration policy since many hundreds of years was good for the country, well, hundreds of years ago.

I think the modern German government has a great appetite for public relations stunts without a clear strategy on how to make things work.

Germany wasn't prepared for this. It's the result of guilt-ridden German politicians naively thinking that migrants are just people from distance lands who have the same values and goals.

Germany had a hard time integrating west and east GERMANY, and Turks (who arrived during the very secular decades of Turkish culture without the Islamist baggage new migrants bring with them today).... and German leftists thing "we can doooo it!" is going to win the day. Utter. Idiocy.

Multiculturalism in Europe is falling apart even amongst cultures that are basically the same (think Catalonia v. Spain).... and yet the Germans just keep trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:00 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,854,371 times
Muslims do not assimilate, and Germans are finding out this a little too late. Arab men in particular do not grasp the concept of following the laws of another country.

Do not be shocked if there is the rise of another Hitler in Germany. The conditions are starting to get ripe for just such an event.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:31 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times
This will backfire. The wall is an admission that these people are unintegratable. These refugees should be sent back to their own countries.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:52 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,838,829 times
Liberal west lost touch with rest of the world. Their assumption that people outside their countries are as progressive as them is their greatest disadvantage. The local media doesnt report world news & the education system doesn't contribute anything substantial about other countries either. It is the result of decades of ignorance & misguided optimism. They learnt it the hard way that not all people in the world think the same way as you.

Offer immigration like student, job, business visas & keep a close eye on immigrants to see who will assimilate easily & who is rejecting your values. Only then decide whether to give them citizenship or ship them back. I have been through rigorous vetting process here in usa & thats how it is supposed to be as it made sure I assimilate better. But illegal immigration & refugee programs fail because they dont go through the same process as people like me on a visa who have to work extra hard & align with the culture to get accepted permanently so I highly value the country & citizenship. Illegals & refugees get easy shortcuts so they dont value it & make no effort to assimilate all their lives.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:05 PM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Liberal west lost touch with rest of the world. Their assumption that people outside their countries are as progressive as them is their greatest disadvantage. The local media doesnt report world news & the education system doesn't contribute anything substantial about other countries either. It is the result of decades of ignorance & misguided optimism. They learnt it the hard way that not all people in the world think the same way as you.

Offer immigration like student, job, business visas & keep a close eye on immigrants to see who will assimilate easily & who is rejecting your values. Only then decide whether to give them citizenship or ship them back. I have been through rigorous vetting process here in usa & thats how it is supposed to be as it made sure I assimilate better. But illegal immigration & refugee programs fail because they dont go through the same process as people like me on a visa who have to work extra hard & align with the culture to get accepted permanently so I highly value the country & citizenship. Illegals & refugees get easy shortcuts so they dont value it & make no effort to assimilate all their lives.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies