Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 12:38 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm more concerned that the Senate remains majority Republican. The House will remain Republican. Hillary would be unable to push her agenda and that would be fine with me.

I hope Trump pulls off a win, but if not, gridlock, Baby.

Republicans are SO classy! They ***** about how the Dems are, but conduct themselves with the dignity of a boozed up teenager! Must reflect their voter base. If they don't get their way-pout. Anyone else does it they get on their high horses, but when they do it, it's cool! Truly a cowardly bunch. Makes sense I guess, since many of them tend to walk around bragging about how many guns they have, as they sit up in their ivory towers, too scared to come down. Today's repubs: all mouth and no trousers as they say Down Under!! IF Hillary somehow does win, going online and listening to American hate, er I mean right-wing radio tomorrow will be pure comedy gold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 12:58 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you are standing on the thin hope that a big pile of cowards will grow spines....
The simple reality is the republicans in the congress will by and large cave like the French in WW2.
Those Republicans in Congress will know better than to obstruct things the way they've been doing. If they continued holding the nation hostage, they would lose big in two years. Only by working with the President to a reasonable degree, will they avoid losing their majority in the next election. If they put their country first, their party can survive. If they don't, things will be bad for everyone.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:02 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
AND she lead the assassination of Berta Caceres in Honduras who was a prominent activist for the indigenous people. And don't forget when she called Blacks "super predators". I can't even begin with the endless scandals of this woman.

OH my- bringing up Honduras? and an assassination-? wow

Old 11-08-2016, 01:07 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm more concerned that the Senate remains majority Republican. The House will remain Republican. Hillary would be unable to push her agenda and that would be fine with me.

I hope Trump pulls off a win, but if not, gridlock, Baby.

Power divided is power controlled!!!

Old 11-08-2016, 01:08 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,216,976 times
Quote:
Republicans are SO classy! They ***** about how the Dems are, but conduct themselves with the dignity of a boozed up teenager! Must reflect their voter base. If they don't get their way-pout. Anyone else does it they get on their high horses, but when they do it, it's cool! Truly a cowardly bunch. Makes sense I guess, since many of them tend to walk around bragging about how many guns they have, as they sit up in their ivory towers, too scared to come down. Today's repubs: all mouth and no trousers as they say Down Under!! IF Hillary somehow does win, going online and listening to American hate, er I mean right-wing radio tomorrow will be pure comedy gold
why don't you go out and tell that to the face of someone instead of posting anonymously on a message board. then get their true opinion first-hand. my guess is the first hand you would get would be a fist.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:08 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,214 times
I have decided that if Trump loses, I will never vote again, because I now realize it is all a game and it doesn't matter which party wins. After seeing the republican elite vote to put a career criminal in office over someone who will make changes and derail their gravy train, I see it's a waste of time to vote, the whole system is rigged.
A number of republican i have voted for in the past refused to support the republican candidate, and instead put their support behind crooked hillary. We little guys are powerless to change anything, it's all a game and we are the losers.
Do you think politicians continue to run for office well into their 80's and 90's do so because they care about us? The benefits are too good to give up until you die of old age..
I believe there are millions of Trump supports who feel the same way and will leave the party. Either a new party that is really for the people will be formed, or it will become a one party system and soon after, a thrid world country.

Last edited by Grumpy ol' Man; 11-08-2016 at 01:20 PM..

Old 11-08-2016, 01:17 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
If not what will you do. Personally, Im not sure what I would do or if anything can be done.
I never did understand this question. They asked it to Trump in a debate regarding if he'd "accept" the results.

What are they expecting one to do if they don't "accept the outcome"?

We'll all just live like we are now, but I'll sit back as things continue to downward spiral and at least have peace of mind that I didn't vote for her.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:24 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foulball View Post
If Clinton wins, no, I will not accept the results of the election. I would be in favor of and fully support a "Brexit" of our own if the people want it.
A "brexit" from what?

Old 11-08-2016, 01:25 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,750,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
You have a thread with the question whether Trump supporters will accept Hillary stealing the election, and you want to ***** and talk crap about Trump supporters? How about this, every single US citizen should be pissed if Hillary or anybody else steals our elections.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:33 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,345,141 times
We should be pissed at idiots that see conspiracy theories at every little thing that doesn't go their way. We should be pissed at people that propagate McCarthy-ism like strategy to take down people they don't like. We should be pissed at people that want to stone wall anything and everything because they have no policy ideas of their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies