Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 08:19 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,685,226 times

Advertisements

I'm not gonna be like how a lot of Rs were when Obama got elected and held office. I just hope he's more level headed as a president. He'll have to negotiate and listen and accept what his advisors tell him. He's gonna hold executive office with checks and balances. The autocratic pursuit of his campaign can't pan out in office.I hope he knows that.

But I will say that I gave Americans the benefit of the doubt. I overestimated the intelligence of the American electorate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 08:21 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
I voted for Trump. I am happy he won.

I don't agree with you.

Trump like Obama is my president. I hope for success where he is right and failure when he is wrong.
That is EXACTLY the same attitude most Republicans had when Obama was elected.
Its about POLICY not personality.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:24 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,907 times
I hope Trump succeeds.

- I hope he aligns hinmself with Putin to carpetbomb the **** out of ISIS.
- I hope he will repeal Obamacare
- I hope he will shred the Paris climate agreement into pieces
- I hope he comes down on employers that employ illegal aliens

Old 11-09-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
I hope Trump succeeds.

- I hope he aligns hinmself with Putin to carpetbomb the **** out of ISIS.
- I hope he will repeal Obamacare
- I hope he will shred the Paris climate agreement into pieces
- I hope he comes down on employers that employ illegal aliens
Putin is bombing civilians, not ISIS. And the coalition is already combating it. ISIS has lost tons of territory.

Obamacare has problems. But what are the alternatives?

Climate Change needs to be addressed.

This is not likely. Besides, there's already laws on the books on hiring illegals.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Putin is bombing civilians, not ISIS. And the coalition is already combating it. ISIS has lost tons of territory.

Obamacare has problems. But what are the alternatives?

Climate Change needs to be addressed.

This is not likely. Besides, there's already laws on the books on hiring illegals.
Putin is bombing ISIS. ISIS is hiding its HQ's in civilian areas just like Hamas.
Obama is barely bombing ISIS. He wants to use ISIS to replace Assad and install an Islamic caliphate in Syria.

Obamacare is a failure. We will implement free market principles that will drive down the cost of medicine and insurance.

There is no man-made climate change. Climate change always has happenned and always will happen.

There are already laws for hiring illegals but they are not being enforced. In addition Sanctuary Cities will be defunded.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Putin is bombing ISIS. ISIS is hiding its HQ's in civilian areas just like Hamas.
Obama is barely bombing ISIS. He wants to use ISIS to replace Assad and install an Islamic caliphate in Syria.

Obamacare is a failure. We will implement free market principles that will drive down the cost of medicine and insurance.

There is no man-made climate change. Climate change always has happenned and always will happen.

There are already laws for hiring illegals but they are not being enforced. In addition Sanctuary Cities will be defunded.
You're clueless, and people like you are the reason why this buffoon got elected.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:39 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Trump is now my president also. I hope in four years to be able to say how wrong I was about him in my pronouncements during the primaries. I am glad for his election because it does show we are a nation where those in power really do have to answer to the little guy, even if I disagree with what the little guy wanted.

Do well President Trump, you have been put in the driver's seat of the most wonderful nation on Earth.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
You're clueless, and people like you are the reason why this buffoon got elected.
Now, that's what I call a substantial rebuttal.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:47 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,783 times
Quote:

Obama won't bomb civilians. Putin will. This is because Putin is an authoritarian, anti-liberal dictator that I do not want as our ally. I don't want him as an enemy. I'd say get the **** out of the Middle East (America first, unless it's about bombs because that's manly, right? Totally not a gay...) and let Putin do whatever he wants. But we won't help him or say what he's doing is right.

Obamacare is a failure because the law was basically written by corporations. Unless Trump does something about corporate influence, you can't possibly think things are going to get more affordable.

Most of the educated world disagrees with you. Clearly, that doesn't bother you as you've bought into the meme that education is liberal brainwashing. Let me guess, "evolution is just a theory" too, right? That's what Trump's running mate thinks. That's right. Trumps running mate is an actual idiot.

I agree on this. I don't really care about sanctuary cities to be honest, but the main issue with illegal immigration is how profitable it is. This is why neoliberalism is bad. We'll see if Trump's actually against it though.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Now, that's what I call a substantial rebuttal.

You're speaking on the basis of ignorance. There's no hope in reasoning with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies