Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 01:37 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,096,344 times

Advertisements

I was born and raised here in the states with a white mom and an Asian father. I work in tech and battle with sexism and racism daily. Most of the time it doesn't get to me because it shows they view me as real competition. Other times I wonder if this is a sign I should pack up and find my destiny elsewhere. Clearly most of this country thinks I should have my citizenship taken away and be deported. If you looked at me you wouldn't know I was born here, raised Catholic, and am not Hispanic. And honestly, they don't care. It's all code words anyways. It's not illegal immigration That's the problem, it's illegal immigration of Hispanics. It's not Islam that's the problem, it's the immigration of non white middle Easterners. I find it hard not to automatically think a white person, especially over the age of 20 is racist and wants me gone

Old 11-09-2016, 01:41 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Daily sexism and racism?

Sounds plausible.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Daily sexism and racism?

Sounds plausible.

Subtle sexism and racism yes. Things like 'girls shouldn't have this job anyways' or 'your kind steals jobs'

Old 11-09-2016, 01:45 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
I think you just don't like or trust white people. And nothing going to change your mentality to scapegoat them, so maybe you should leave. You don't know how bad many white people have it. White people are very diverse. They have a reason to be resentful towards being flooded with immigration and globalism and their identity group just being scapegoated and imposed upon all their lives by liberals and their agenda. You should try putting yourself in their shoes. Maybe others can sense you don't like them?

Old 11-09-2016, 01:51 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Snowflake Alert

Old 11-09-2016, 01:51 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
Subtle sexism and racism yes. Things like 'girls shouldn't have this job anyways' or 'your kind steals jobs'
What you don't appreciate is how much hostility and feminism many men have experienced. Women can be very discriminatory when they control a field and just discriminatory in general and don't just accept any males imposing on their fields. Besides you are drawing conclusions from a very small group and making broader conclusions.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:52 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Who want's your citizenship taken away specifically? If you know any you need to meet some better people.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:52 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
I was born and raised here in the states with a white mom and an Asian father. I work in tech and battle with sexism and racism daily. Most of the time it doesn't get to me because it shows they view me as real competition. Other times I wonder if this is a sign I should pack up and find my destiny elsewhere. Clearly most of this country thinks I should have my citizenship taken away and be deported. If you looked at me you wouldn't know I was born here, raised Catholic, and am not Hispanic. And honestly, they don't care. It's all code words anyways. It's not illegal immigration That's the problem, it's illegal immigration of Hispanics. It's not Islam that's the problem, it's the immigration of non white middle Easterners. I find it hard not to automatically think a white person, especially over the age of 20 is racist and wants me gone
I find it hard to believe your post.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:53 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,593,642 times
Quote:
I think Asians are more highly thought of in some ways than are whites. The stereotype is that they are smart, hard workers, whatever. I don't know if that's true. I can tell you that I'm white & over 20 and am definitely not biased in any way against Asians and am perplexed why anyone would be. Asians have been very successful, as a group, in our country. As a white person, I can't recall any instance of hearing another white saying anything derogatory about Asians as a race. The same thing about Jews. I don't get the persecution of them throughout history.

I think you're right about the immigration issue, on both things (hispanic illegal immigration and non-white Middle Easterners). But being a Middle Eastern American has its issues, even w/o being an immigrant. There have been instances of hate crimes against them. I'm sure some are worried, esp after this election, because of the rhetoric.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think you just don't like or trust white people. And nothing going to change your mentality to scapegoat them, so maybe you should leave. You don't know how bad many white people have it. White people are very diverse. They have a reason to be resentful towards being flooded with immigration and globalism and their identity group just being scapegoated and imposed upon all their lives by liberals and their agenda. You should try putting yourself in their shoes. Maybe others can sense you don't like them?
Well white people flooded this country, Africa,Asia (also very diverse). White people stole the wealth of my dad's country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies