Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 11:01 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,356,621 times

Advertisements

You're upset that Trump is now in power. You never agreed to this or advocated it, but now millions of other people selected him to rule over you and everyone else in the country.

This is how we feel about anyone being elected. Notice what you're thinking and feeling right now, and remember that the next time you want to force your ruler on others.

That goes for everyone. Nobody is truly willing to leave other people in peace. It isn't because most voters are bad people, but politicians use you to achieve power, prestige, and wealth. They convince you that you need them "in charge" and they'll make things the way you want it to be.

I know most will dismiss the idea of a society with no rulers, so that isn't what this is about. I've seen a lot of people saying "I'm being subjected to this due to other people's stupidity"... so remember this when you want to force your master plan on everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 11:06 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
I do not support the idea of no leadership at all but for years I've asked why we simply can't leave people alone that are harming no one.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
You're upset that Trump is now in power. You never agreed to this or advocated it, but now millions of other people selected him to rule over you and everyone else in the country.

This is how we feel about anyone being elected. Notice what you're thinking and feeling right now, and remember that the next time you want to force your ruler on others.

That goes for everyone. Nobody is truly willing to leave other people in peace. It isn't because most voters are bad people, but politicians use you to achieve power, prestige, and wealth. They convince you that you need them "in charge" and they'll make things the way you want it to be.

I know most will dismiss the idea of a society with no rulers, so that isn't what this is about. I've seen a lot of people saying "I'm being subjected to this due to other people's stupidity"... so remember this when you want to force your master plan on everyone else.

The beauty of consenting to be governed.

You voted, you consented to accept the results.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:13 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I do not support the idea of no leadership at all but for years I've asked why we simply can't leave people alone that are harming no one.
Liberals know how to run your life for the good of society.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The beauty of consenting to be governed.

You voted, you consented to accept the results.
Another reason I won't vote.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Most people would if they had to do it themselves, but it's more tempting when someone tells you they can do it on your behalf. Then they use euphemisms to make it sound different than what it actually is. "We're not taking their money and spending it how we want, we're just taxing them."

Good people fall for that. People who would never do it on their own.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Liberals know how to run your life for the good of society.
It wasn't liberals that passed stupid asinine things like the Patriot Act. Makes me feel icky to even type "Patriot Act". Granted, they have climbed on board.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Most people would if they had to do it themselves, but it's more tempting when someone tells you they can do it on your behalf.
I agree that there is a good bit of truth here.

Quote:
Then they use euphemisms to make it sound different than what it actually is. "We're not taking their money and spending it how we want, we're just taxing them."

Good people fall for that. People who would never do it on their own.
The problem is the minority that are not good people.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:16 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
If the last 16 months with Abbott and Costello running amok didn't disgust them to the point of embracing anarchism I doubt the actual election results will either.

But, us anarchists will just keep plugging away with our "odd" notion of non-aggression like we always do.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:18 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:

can you let us know where the next tire fire will be held?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies