Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 06:21 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times

Advertisements

Assassination threats against Trump flood Twitter | New York Post

I cant help but recall the major firestorm over Milo Yianpolous getting his account banned because he criticized an actress. Banned!

Yet, i also cannot help but notice all these dopey moronic SJW's openly calling for assassinating Trump, and they get re-tweeted thousands of times. What gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 06:24 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
I'm not sure but threatening the President of President Elect is a felony.
There should be prosecutions , these SJW probably don't realize that it's not free speech.
Also there is no guarantee of free speech on Twitter or any other privately owned platform.

I believe the CEO is a lefty so he probably just ignores it. If Hillary won and it was the other way around I'm pretty sure things would be different.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:26 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post

I cant help but recall the major firestorm over Milo Yianpolous getting his account banned because he criticized an actress. Banned!

Yet, i also cannot help but notice all these dopey moronic SJW's openly calling for assassinating Trump, and they get re-tweeted thousands of times. What gives?
These idiots might find themselves receiving a not so friendly visit from the secret service. A guy in my small town once posted a threat as a joke on facebook and the secret service showed up at his workplace and busted right into his office and talked to him directly.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:29 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
Couldn't Twitter perhaps be a coconspirator if they just allow these threats and take no action?...

Old 11-11-2016, 06:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post

People have been arrested for posting such things about Obama. Perhaps the FBI should be contacted. Twitter wouldn't want to remove the evidence.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:38 PM

Man Jailed After Threatening President Obama on Twitter

13 Facebook Posts That Got People Arrested | The Huffington Post

Old 11-11-2016, 06:39 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,108,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Couldn't Twitter perhaps be a coconspirator if they just allow these threats and take no action?...
Sounds about right to me. Twitter should be disabling such accounts.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
People have been arrested for posting such things about Obama. Perhaps the FBI should be contacted. Twitter wouldn't want to remove the evidence.
EG Williams (The Doctor of common sense) posted a video right after the secret service visited him at his home after criticising Obama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoO3rA9rt9o

Old 11-11-2016, 06:52 PM

Obama abused his power when it came to criticism.

Someone on CNN just said Twitter is flooded with death threats against Trump and they're having to sort through those and deal with them. Between that and the threats being spewed with protesters, they have their hands full, to be sure.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Obama abused his power when it came to criticism.

Someone on CNN just said Twitter is flooded with death threats against Trump and they're having to sort through those and deal with them. Between that and the threats being spewed with protesters, they have their hands full, to be sure.
Is Hillary still receiving SS protection? She is out, so they no longer need to be there. Of course Bill still will get protection for the rest of his life, but Hillary?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies