Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 09:23 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,350,980 times

Advertisements

"This is less about saying people are traumatized or hurt by it than it is calling out the UTTER HYPOCRISY from the left!!

They characterized Trump and his supporters as running on hate and when their own president as well as Hillary herself asks them to come together as a nation after the election was over, they refuse and respond with even greater hate.

The OP asked a question. Why is hate OK when it comes from the left?
This isn't necessarily about people getting their feelings hurt, if anything, it's expected by now from the left.
the point is, how do they justify the sheer hypocrisy of their behavior."

I have no intention of justifying it, since I've seen no trump voters justifying their vote for a paedophile, racist, misogynist, etc, etc ad nauseam. YOU said this behavior was okay with your vote. YOU said your daughter could have her p***y grabbed. YOU made us look like sick, crass, uncouth, disgusting pigs to the world. YOU wanted a pig.

We were polite. We're not now. The worm has turned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 09:25 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Excuse me, is it hate or is it anger? Most of us are angry, angry at the people who voted for this moron to be our president, angry because our minority friends are being harassed and bullied (why not follow in Trump's footsteps?). I don't hate anyone who voted for Agent Orange, but I am very angry with them. Our entire country has to deal with the fallout now, and for what? Because people felt overlooked and forgotten about? Get used to it, because Trump only has his own best interests at heart.
Why not also get angry at the Democrats then for treating this election like a coronation for Hillary!
Pretty much ANYONE else would have likely beaten Trump. Many people are saying Bernie would have trounced Trump. I don't know if that's true but he was clearly the one who had the support and the passion of the democrat people. No one was excited to vote vote Hillary. Many did simply to avoid getting Trump. Many just stayed home or voted a 3rd party or a write in.

You can't really be "angry" at someone because they have different political views ... or maybe you can, it's a free country, it's just not that bright. Trump supporters are not all racists and bullys. Wanting enforcement of our immigration laws does NOT make one a racist. I have family and friends who voted for Trump. They aren't racists, they would not disrespect women. They simply liked Trumps message better than Hillary's.
I voted for Hillary myself, mainly because I think Trump was horribly unqualified. Now that he was elected, I hope I was wrong and hope he does well. Either way, I respect the election we just had, it's results and I am ready to move forward.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:28 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
"This is less about saying people are traumatized or hurt by it than it is calling out the UTTER HYPOCRISY from the left!!

They characterized Trump and his supporters as running on hate and when their own president as well as Hillary herself asks them to come together as a nation after the election was over, they refuse and respond with even greater hate.

The OP asked a question. Why is hate OK when it comes from the left?
This isn't necessarily about people getting their feelings hurt, if anything, it's expected by now from the left.
the point is, how do they justify the sheer hypocrisy of their behavior."

I have no intention of justifying it, since I've seen no trump voters justifying their vote for a paedophile, racist, misogynist, etc, etc ad nauseam. YOU said this behavior was okay with your vote. YOU said your daughter could have her p***y grabbed. YOU made us look like sick, crass, uncouth, disgusting pigs to the world. YOU wanted a pig.

We were polite. We're not now. The worm has turned.
Well, I hope that you do something stupid and get locked up for it. You sound like a mental case.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:35 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,340,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Why not also get angry at the Democrats then for treating this election like a coronation for Hillary!
Pretty much ANYONE else would have likely beaten Trump. Many people are saying Bernie would have trounced Trump. I don't know if that's true but he was clearly the one who had the support and the passion of the democrat people. No one was excited to vote vote Hillary. Many did simply to avoid getting Trump. Many just stayed home or voted a 3rd party or a write in.

You can't really be "angry" at someone because they have different political views ... or maybe you can, it's a free country, it's just not that bright. Trump supporters are not all racists and bullys. Wanting enforcement of our immigration laws does NOT make one a racist. I have family and friends who voted for Trump. They aren't racists, they would not disrespect women. They simply liked Trumps message better than Hillary's.
I voted for Hillary myself, mainly because I think Trump was horribly unqualified. Now that he was elected, I hope I was wrong and hope he does well. Either way, I respect the election we just had, it's results and I am ready to move forward.
Your screen name suits you well.

I thank you for having a voiceofreazon.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:36 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,340,243 times
I wonder if part of all this angst is somewhat anger at their own party for not giving them someone that could win. Just something to ponder...

Old 11-12-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
YOU said this behavior was okay with your vote. YOU said your daughter could have her p***y grabbed.
Well, first of all I voted for Hillary and if you care to look at my posting history, I've said I would do so and explained my reasons why many times here.

Second of all, the notion that because you voted for Trump means that it's OK for your daughter (or anyone else) to be sexually assaulted is utterly and completely beyond the pale and asinine.

We were given two crap choices this election with two of the most unpopular and unpalatable candidates in modern history, if not all time.

There was a lot to consider! After the second debate once Hillary started saber rattling at Russia and I realized that we were in a situation with Russia over Syrian that some experts have said is WORSE than the cold war. Hillary had a horrid foreign policy record and she was advocating for a no-fly zone over Syria which one of our generals has said would end up amounting to war with Russia! All it really takes is one accident. There is plenty of documentation of the near misses we had during the last cold war.
Trump said he wanted to get along with Putin. I have NO interest in us going to war or taking chances that would lead to war with Russia over EFFING SYRIA all because Obama got into a pissing contest with Putin or Hillary wants to look tough.

I still ended up voting for Hillary, while holding my nose, but that is just one example of their being more to consider carefully in this election than Trump's behavior.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:12 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,350,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I still ended up voting for Hillary, while holding my nose, but that is just one example of their being more to consider carefully in this election than Trump's behavior.
The behavior of the leader of the free world is of eminent importance. And I see that you don't see the long reaching implications of having a molester as that leader (using a daughter to make a point). The worth of women was clearly identified by him. Repeatedly.

Behavior? His inability to control himself (all hours of the night on twitter?) is exactly the reason to keep him from the nukes.

Glad to hear you didn't vote for him, but the "you" was more directed at the OP anyway.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
The behavior of the leader of the free world is of eminent importance. And I see that you don't see the long reaching implications of having a molester as that leader (using a daughter to make a point). The worth of women was clearly identified by him. Repeatedly.

Behavior? His inability to control himself (all hours of the night on twitter?) is exactly the reason to keep him from the nukes.

Glad to hear you didn't vote for him, but the "you" was more directed at the OP anyway.
Well we also had president Bill Clinton who has been accused of rape and Hillary who actively tried to silence her husband's accusers. That is far worse than what Trump was accused of. So if you condemn Trump, you must also condemn ex president Bill Clinton and Hillary Clintons actions in trying to silence those women.

Yes, a president's behavior is of eminent importance. Trump's behavior during the election was disgusting. He seems to be finally taking a more serious tone but I fear it won't take much to revert back to norm.

Impulse control? I was with you on that until I realized how much of a war hawk Clinton is and the dangerous stance she was planning to take with Russia over Syria. Again, these were two lousy choices.

I didn't vote for him. Didn't want him. Didn't actually want Clinton either but she was the safer choice it seemed. Now that it's over, I hope he does well and realizes the gravity of the responsibility he has.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:31 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Anyone who doesn't understand deserves what Trump will do to them. How's the term "snowflake" fitting now? A bit of your groups own medicine.

yep , typical leftist "tolerance".

Old 11-12-2016, 10:35 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lets look at the past as a predictor of future.

what happened the last few times liberals won?

That's what we would do ... go back to work so we can pay for stupid liberal ideas. Now we get to go back to work and hope for the best.
I have voted in every election since 1984. I've been disappointed, but I've never protested or thrown a tantrum when my candidate didn't win. I didn't get hysterical or fall into a deep depression, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies