Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 02:24 PM

500 posts, read 319,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
Thanks for revealing yourself. Its helpful to know who we're exchanging ideas with

Revealing what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 02:38 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Trump is considered/perceived an "outsider" president as compared to all other presidents, and one totally different than most who have been in the oval office.

No matter what you think of Obama, I venture a guess he was proud to be the President of the USA, and as many currently feel Trump may not "fit the mold". But like the protestors, way too many knee-jerk reactions and comments when Trump hasn't even taken the oath yet.
Oh please... at this point I expect that if Obama's mouth is moving he's lying.

What little legacy he had is going to be shattered. Worst president ever!
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Without quoting all of the above a pardon can be issued without formal charges or conviction, kind of a preemptive pardon.

That's what Ford did when pardoning Nixon. There is thought that doing so cost him the election against Carter.

No appeal, a Presidential pardon is pretty much absolute.
The thing is... in reality the Clinton's and Obama's hate each other. If he gives her a blanket pardon he is basically admitting he knew she did some nasty things. I'm not all that sure he wouldn't mind hanging her out to dry on this one.

ALSO, I do not believe he can give them a pardon if they are charged with racketeering and tyranny. Last time I check it is tyranny (and possibly treason) to trade favors for money from foreign entities.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:41 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It was predictable. First Obama makes a show of welcoming Trump and promising a smooth transition.

Then Obama goes out and tells us that he will "fight on" against the regulatory rollback and declares that it will "not be as easy as Trump imagines" to toss out all the de facto regulation that Obama instituted via executive order.

He says the Democrats will oppose Trump, and I'm sure that's true.
But it will make no difference, since Obama had to turn over his pen and his telephone to someone who does not value his opinion.
Obama vows to fight Trump to keep regulations in place
Tell that idiot to shut up and go away. The guy is such an insufferable narcissist. I can't wait till his stupid arse exits the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies