Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 07:53 PM

1,008 posts, read 488,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Well, the alt-right was already basically a reaction to the SJW movement as it's gained momentum in the last five or six years. Both are internet-driven, pop-culture friendly, layman's adaptations of fringe socio-political theory. If the social justice movement hadn't gone so far off the deep end with its anti-white, anti-male rhetoric, I doubt that the alt-right ever would have gained as much steam as it has.
True. I didn't hate SJW's until I found out they hated me and were working to undermine me for my race+gender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 08:00 PM

18,503 posts, read 9,179,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No.

What is considered the mainstream left is already way out of touch with regular folks.

Joe Blow working as a sales rep in Akron, Ohio has no interest in spending all his time in life arguing over whether there are 50 or 100 genders.
I agree. The Democrats need to stop obsessing about the "race and gender" stuff and focus on economic issues.

Then again they did try to focus on economic issues in this sense: they tried to give us a national healthcare plan like every other industrialized democracy on the planet. I don't know why that idea is so abhorrent to some people.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:02 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,391,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
True. I didn't hate SJW's until I found out they hated me and were working to undermine me for my race+gender.
You should disapprove of them for being authoritarian statist racists and sexists who believe violence is acceptable...no matter who their target is.

Those who stand with the non-aggression principle and free will, regardless of their "grouping", need to stand up to them.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:07 PM

18,503 posts, read 9,179,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
The Democrats unwittingly help the ruling class divide the working class into warring factions based on race and gender. It's the same strategy that Andrew Carnegie used to keep his workers from uniting in a labor union. He pitted his workers against each other by stirring up ethnic hatreds among the different European immigrant groups.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:08 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,550,328 times
Yes there will be. That's the ebb flow of the political energy in the US. Technically Trump is the first Independent candidate to win the Presidency. He simply body-snatched the GOP and used it as a host body. So very left progressives will seize control of the Democratic party in the same manner (so to speak). Oh and established Democrats will welcome it. The established Democrats are waking up to the reality that the selling out of the working class had the biggest bite in the a-- this cycle, it's been happening for years though and this was the final act. Most of the state houses and governors are Republicans. So The Democrats are now truly ready to listen and drop the ultra PC-ness that wasted a lot of time.

So the ground and grass roots strategy is taking shape. While the GOP has the "keys to the kingdom" the left can sit back and watch them hang themselves on broken promises (the wall, bringing back manufacturing jobs, etc.) and poised to take the house back in 2 years, and shore up bench candidates for 4 years from now. We're a divided country and the rust belt states that gave Trump the presidency will swing back once they see he isn't going to do anything for them.

You can already see it, Bernie and Elizabeth Warren are basically unleashed now and will push the Democrats to alt-left movement.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:12 PM

29,600 posts, read 16,577,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
OP specifically asked about "everyday people".

Check Hillary's numbers vs Obama's in Flint, Gary, Youngstown, Buffalo etc and get back to me.

These people have been rolling out of bed voting Dem since Kennedy (minus Reagan).

And that's where the everyday people live. Not LA, NYC or SF...contrary to what the media believes.

if Hillary clinton had gotten 2 million votes, you would have an argument, but she got 62 million.

And people in LA, NYC, and SF get up and go to work every single day and are everyday people just like everyone else in this country.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,391,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I agree. The Democrats need to stop obsessing about the "race and gender" stuff and focus on economic issues.

Then again they did try to focus on economic issues in this sense: they tried to give us a national healthcare plan like every other industrialized democracy on the planet. I don't know why that idea is so abhorrent to some people.
Not to get too deep into statist political thought (as an apolitical anarchist) but it would behoove any group seeking approval from another to actually ask them what they want and how they want it.

The Dems have ideas and strategies that are favored and have worked before but chose to run with this SJW angle.

They own the mainstream media so it's not like they can't package their message exactly as they want. Even with the decline of traditional mainstream media this would lessen the alt-right's presence/success on the internet.

If you have a minute go to YouTube, 4chan, or Reddit and you'll see an abundance of material where the SJW left and its insane/cancerous ways are mocked to no end.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:20 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,878,597 times
Neither urban nor rural America, nor any race or culture or gender, has a monopoly on what is an "everyday American." This debate shows the lack of empathy and understanding between groups and is perhaps the biggest symptom of America's social problems.

If someone could convince a middle aged, rural white guy whose factory job was shuttered over a decade ago and a brown-skinned lesbian in a coastal metropolis who isnt sure how she will pay back her college debt while her only job prospects are minimum wage that their problems are not mutually exclusive, then I think we could make huge progress as a nation.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:22 PM

15,649 posts, read 10,410,318 times
Do you mean Brown Shirts might rise from the ashes? Liberals have been repudiated.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:35 PM

421 posts, read 205,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Do you mean Brown Shirts might rise from the ashes? Liberals have been repudiated. God, I sincerely hope not.
Well, with the defeat of HRC and repub control of all levels of government there is no question that the "mainstream" left is more or less in disarray/shattered right now, but as we saw with Bernie Sanders phenomenon there is a size-able chunk of leftists that are open to non-mainstream leaders.

Who knows what will come out of the left between now and 2020, who will be the next Bernie Sanders? Anything is possible, look at all the "experts" that claimed Trump had "no chance" of winning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies