Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2017, 10:15 AM

59,216 posts, read 27,403,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Hmm... so NYT and WAPO retracted stories that turned out to be incorrect or false, instead of letting them linger. Seems that would actually make them more credible. Unlike Trumpzilla, when confronted with factual evidence contradicting his lies, just double-downs and roars even louder. Got it.
"Hmm... so NYT and WAPO retracted stories that turned out to be incorrect or false, instead of letting them linger"

ONLY they have been proven wrong and called out on their false stories.

"Seems that would actually make them more credible"

Just the opposite, it shows that they have ZERO credibility becuae they NEVER do a retraction UNLESS called out on it.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:16 AM

59,216 posts, read 27,403,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Surprise! politicians lie...occasionally. Trump is breaking records here. And thats the point you are attempting to deflect from here.
"politicians lie...occasionally. Trump is breaking records here."

Trump has LONG way to go to beat Obama and hillary.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
President Donald Trump does not lie. He just sees a set of facts that do not exist in our universe. Delusions are not lies they are delusions.

False promises are something else and The Donald has plenty of those.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:27 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,575,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Considering the NY Times has printed MORE lies about Trump, I find the biased article hypocritical.
Like what?

Old 06-26-2017, 10:28 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,072,994 times
Everyday for 8 years lies came flowing off the lips of Obama. Where was the NYT then? Oh never mind, they had their head up Dear One's arse.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:30 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,575,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Hmm... so NYT and WAPO retracted stories that turned out to be incorrect or false, instead of letting them linger"

ONLY they have been proven wrong and called out on their false stories.

"Seems that would actually make them more credible"

Just the opposite, it shows that they have ZERO credibility becuae they NEVER do a retraction UNLESS called out on it.
Oh give me an effin break. So, you'd prefer them to KEEP the stories out there instead of retracting? Why, so you can bumble "See! See! See!" Do you people even listen to yourselves? Cons have spiraled down into straight up lunacy, total loss of credibility. Period.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:39 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,788,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Wish they could have done that for other presidents as well.

I didn't read the list, because they are biased and they don't make that list for all presidents.
No other person has lied to the extent Trump has. The man is truly a pathological liar.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:45 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,286,221 times
The page of lies printed by the NYT is literally 'fake news.' And all that fake news came out of Trump's mouth.

He lies because it has worked for him in the past. But, as John Dean's excellent opinion piece states--Trump is in over his head.

"...Donald Trump’s tactics are conspicuous to anyone who follows his actions, and can be reduced to two overriding activities: (1) He lies consistently and persistently; (2) he cheats whenever the opportunity presents itself to do so, and (3) he tries to intimidate everyone with whom he deals....

...For anyone who has observed Trump in a fight—which was once to be limited to those living in New York City who read the tabloids where they were regularly front-page features but he is now on the world stage so we are all his audience, like it or not—the pattern of these brawls is very consistent...

While Trump has done many deals, it seems he has done more fights, and rather than writing about deals he should have done a book titled The Art of the Fight..."

John Dean: Frightened Trump Is In Over His head

Old 06-26-2017, 10:52 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,640,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
...To clarify, are you stating that Trump has never lied because he has morals?

I'm saying it's POSSIBLE for a human being to NEVER LIE in their entire life.

I've done it....so it's likely that TRUMP has never lied also.

I'm saying that this is another anti-trump piece for the NYT

Old 06-26-2017, 11:27 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,179,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
I'm saying it's POSSIBLE for a human being to NEVER LIE in their entire life.

I've done it....so it's likely that TRUMP has never lied also.

I'm saying that this is another anti-trump piece for the NYT
I can't tell if you're lying to prove a point that everyone is a liar and thus Trump is fine to lie. Or if you actually believe your lie that you've never lied before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies