Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 11:18 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,826,625 times

Advertisements

I haven't heard anything about recent protests in the past few days. Are the protestors finally realizing they aren't going to win?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 11:32 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
The more and more that people see Trump is going to be an amazing president, the more and more the protests will die down. Hopefully someone in our justice system will go after Soros to make sure he hasn't broken any laws as far as paying rioters, fixing elections and whatever else he's involved in, that would be nice.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
The weather isn't as pleasant in some places as it was last week.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:41 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,533 times
Ofcourse. The stages of grief are complete. There is finally acceptance as they realize that Trump is not stepping down. They will always find something to complain about & everything will be blamed on him from now on. Get used to the hatred & constant bickering. Never mind the high school drama queens. I expect him & his team to just focus on doing their jobs. Haters will always be around & try to distract you so learn how to ignore them.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:15 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Good grief, I hope they are! When my three year old has a tantrum, it doesn't last nearly that long!

Old 11-20-2016, 12:42 AM

979 posts, read 490,995 times
I was at a peaceful protest today, they are still going on and will continue to go on. A number of big protests are being planned for when Trump takes office in January. Don't expect people to stop protesting our potential fascist leader.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:50 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
I was at a peaceful protest today, they are still going on and will continue to go on. A number of big protests are being planned for when Trump takes office in January. Don't expect people to stop protesting our potential fascist leader.
As long as they are peaceful, doing no harm, not blocking traffic and not breaking any laws then god bless them. Hey, I didn't want Trump either. But exactly what are you protesting? You are in fact protesting a man who won the democratic process we have in the USA fair and square. He didn't cheat. He didn't come into power sneakily and illegally like Julius Caesar or Adolf Hitler did. So exactly what are you protesting then? The only thing that makes any sense to me: You are apparently protesting the American people for electing him, that or your protesting against the USA's democratic institutions.

I'd love it if you'd enlighten me on this, as I've had a really hard time making any sense out of the protests.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:57 AM

979 posts, read 490,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
As long as they are peaceful, doing no harm, not blocking traffic and not breaking any laws then god bless them. Hey, I didn't want Trump either. But exactly what are you protesting? You are in fact protesting a man who won the democratic process we have in the USA fair and square. He didn't cheat. He didn't come into power sneakily and illegally like Julius Caesar or Adolf Hitler did. So exactly what are you protesting then? The only thing that makes any sense to me: You are apparently protesting the American people for electing him, that or your protesting against the USA's democratic institutions.

I'd love it if you'd enlighten me on this, as I've had a really hard time making any sense out of the protests.
The protest I was at today was specifically about women's rights. Which I think is very important, especially during a time when we have an incoming president that has stated some very cruel things about women, and has shown that he doesn't hold women in respect. We also have a VP that has actively tried to take away rights from women.

Adolf didn't come into power illegally, he was able to use the turmoil in Germany to his advantage by laying economic blame on a specific group of people and used that hatred to win office. The point of being active in protesting is that it brings light to any of Trump's actions to possibly prevent him from being able to take the same path Adolf was able to take.

Obviously, I am guessing you don't agree with the protests, which is why you are having a hard time making sense of them. Just know that protesting, regardless if you are agree or not, is a very important part of this country's history and freedom and it should always be allowed and protected because when issues arise, it will be protesting that brings them to light.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:05 AM

Quote:
As long as they are peaceful, people wont have a problem with it.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:06 AM

Quote:
The protest I was at today was specifically about women's rights. Which I think is very important, especially during a time when we have an incoming president that has stated some very cruel things about women, and has shown that he doesn't hold women in respect. We also have a VP that has actively tried to take away rights from women.

Adolf didn't come into power illegally, he was able to use the turmoil in Germany to his advantage by laying economic blame on a specific group of people and used that hatred to win office. The point of being active in protesting is that it brings light to any of Trump's actions to possibly prevent him from being able to take the same path Adolf was able to take.

Obviously, I am guessing you don't agree with the protests, which is why you are having a hard time making sense of them. Just know that protesting, regardless if you are agree or not, is a very important part of this country's history and freedom and it should always be allowed and protected because when issues arise, it will be protesting that brings them to light.
There's dozens if not hundreds of reasons to protest Hillary had she won, would you be at her protests if she won?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies