Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 12:53 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Again - I don't care about the voicing opinions. If you don't have anything to say as to the "why it matters to the point where everything celebs say or do about even anything makes the news" then you're not being very useful to my end of the conversation here. The fascination with celebrities is well... fascinating.
And like I said, yes, you do care. You've proven it with every post. I don't know why the media talks about it. Many things get talked about, that's simply how the world works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 01:02 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And like I said, yes, you do care. You've proven it with every post. I don't know why the media talks about it. Many things get talked about, that's simply how the world works.
Again, no I don't care what they say or how they feel about things. I don't know why you assume I do. I have not insinuated that their opinions alone bother me. Anybody can have whatever opinion they want. What irks and confuses me is the amount of attention they get for certain opinions and issues. Celebrities for the most part are enertainers. Why does the news tell us who they will vote for? Who they support?

Here someone wrote an article (OP posted) just regurgitating tweets between Baldwin and Trump... why? If I wanted to know what either of them thought about this issue I would check their twitters. I would find out myself. These aren't newsworthy pressing issues. No one needs to write an article telling people what Baldwin tweeted. Of course they can if they want but I just wonder where the motivation and draw comes from. Clearly there is an audience because if there weren't the media wouldn't bother telling us but it goes back to my question why people even care to know then. Like I said earlier I doubt Alec Baldwin will be influencing anyone's vote (had this all gone done prior).

Old 11-21-2016, 01:09 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Ah yes, like all those who slandered Obama, Michelle AND their kids for the last 8 years. Bitter jerks indeed.
Alec Baldwin slandered Obama for 8 years? Post some links.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Enemies? Isn't that an over-exaggeration? So now someone who criticizes a public official is his enemy, not a critic or someone who disagrees with his political views?

This is exactly the type of thinking the Trump campaign supported which is why we are so divided and our country is poisoned with hate and fear.
No, it was actually Hillary's "basket of deplorables" sneer. What presidential candidate thinks they can malign half the country's population and still win the election?

Old 11-21-2016, 01:19 PM

7,681 posts, read 5,530,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Alex Baldwin explodes? I sure hope it wasnt on his daughter again..
Alec Baldwin and daughter Ireland mock 'rude, thoughtless pig' rant | Daily Mail Online

Regarding the original rant:

Quote:
'For me it was like, ‘OK, whatever.’ I called him back. I was like, ‘Sorry Dad, I didn’t have my phone.’ That was it.'

Old 11-21-2016, 01:21 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
If Obama did even a fraction wrong what the idiot frat boy from Texas did these nut bags would be marching on D.C. with their AR-15's.

Let's start with Bush invading Iraq over WMD's. I mean, really, what more even needs said?
With Congressional approval. That is one thing more that needs to be said.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Would be nice if our president wasn't so quick to engage in Twitter Wars with people. Can you imagine how people would react if this behavior came from the Obamas?
It does. Obama called the entire country "racists." Do you not remember Obama's sneer that racism is part of our country's DNA?

Hillary called half the country's population "deplorable."

And Dems are still stumped as to why they lost.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:25 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Again, no I don't care what they say or how they feel about things. I don't know why you assume I do. I have not insinuated that their opinions alone bother me. Anybody can have whatever opinion they want. What irks and confuses me is the amount of attention they get for certain opinions and issues. Celebrities for the most part are enertainers. Why does the news tell us who they will vote for? Who they support?

Here someone wrote an article (OP posted) just regurgitating tweets between Baldwin and Trump... why? If I wanted to know what either of them thought about this issue I would check their twitters. I would find out myself. These aren't newsworthy pressing issues. No one needs to write an article telling people what Baldwin tweeted. Of course they can if they want but I just wonder where the motivation and draw comes from. Clearly there is an audience because if there weren't the media wouldn't bother telling us but it goes back to my question why people even care to know then. Like I said earlier I doubt Alec Baldwin will be influencing anyone's vote (had this all gone done prior).
Why did Fox News talk about what Christmas card the White House was using? You want insignificant, there you go.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:32 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:

The reason they're newsworthy is because the president elect is tweeting about something that happened on SNL and asking for equal time. No other president has ever done that. I presume Alec Baldwin tweets all the time (no idea--I don't have a Twitter account) but his other tweets aren't newsworthy.

Trump's behavior is unprecedented and that's why this story is newsworthy.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
If Obama did even a fraction wrong what the idiot frat boy from Texas did these nut bags would be marching on D.C. with their AR-15's.

Let's start with Bush invading Iraq over WMD's. I mean, really, what more even needs said?
Actually, it was Clinton before Bush who started the Iraq has and has used WMDs meme. And Clinton signed the Iraq Liberation Act authorizing the use of our DoD assets to depose Saddam Hussein.

What a surprise... liberals ignorant of historical fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies